Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

St. Vincent

I'm not finished with the series, just the story. The next one is already roughed out in my brain. It's probably going to be called "Mutiny."

SWEEEET! It's times like this I just LOVE being wrong. Posted Image

But wait! "Mutiny" ? Posted Image That sounds a little dark. Posted Image

As long as it has it share of kissing the gunnar's daughter. I'm in. Posted Image

Well, something else I just thought off, maybe mutiny isn't being used in a naval meaning... Maybe Freddie and Davina try to mutiny against the Earl and the rest of the family, I vote we kill them both in a very horrible way... Hmmm, how was Edward II killed again?

• Like 1

Well, something else I just thought off, maybe mutiny isn't being used in a naval meaning... Maybe Freddie and Davina try to mutiny against the Earl and the rest of the family, I vote we kill them both in a very horrible way... Hmmm, how was Edward II killed again?

Edward II was probably suffocated, but I love the story of the red hot poker to the anus.... it has an eloquence and beauty that I would love to see replayed against freddie. Davina, being a Devonshire, could probably by insulated and protected. Her father is most probably the 5th Duke, who is contemporary to this story, and mother was Georgina, duchess of Devonshire. Georgina was a powerful woman in her own right a quite a firebrand. I would like to congratulate Mark on his portrayal of a wayward member of this family, as well as giving her a dynastically appropriate name - Davina was and is a common name within the Cavendish (devonshire) family.

• Like 1

I'm not finished with the series, just the story. The next one is already roughed out in my brain. It's probably going to be called "Mutiny."

Fantastic news. I think the Granger series is by far the best stories Mark has written and I like all his stories/

Edward II was probably suffocated, but I love the story of the red hot poker to the anus.... it has an eloquence and beauty that I would love to see replayed against freddie. Davina, being a Devonshire, could probably by insulated and protected. Her father is most probably the 5th Duke, who is contemporary to this story, and mother was Georgina, duchess of Devonshire. Georgina was a powerful woman in her own right a quite a firebrand. I would like to congratulate Mark on his portrayal of a wayward member of this family, as well as giving her a dynastically appropriate name - Davina was and is a common name within the Cavendish (devonshire) family.

Thanks Westie. I actually did some research on that. Posted Image The duchess of Devonshire is a bit how I see Caroline.

Fantastic news. I think the Granger series is by far the best stories Mark has written and I like all his stories/

Look for a new chapter posting within the next few days.

Chapter 26 has been posted.

This one's for you, Ricky. Posted Image Happy New Year! Posted Image

I said it all in the review, all I can say here to add to that is . . . DAMN!

And we got a little taste of Granger kissing the gunnar's daughter as well. Textual Priapism! A hard condition to swallow.

And this gift didn't even need a bow! It came fine unwrapped! Posted Image Silly me. It had a bow and was quite rapped! 10 times with pleasure.

With all the hierarchy on board, I can guess how tight the midshipmen's quarters are going to be. Posted Image And with Mr. Llewellyn being the smallest of the bunch, I'm sure he is the one that will have to share his bunk with Granger. I wonder if that closeness will make him inquire about the brand on the back of his hand. Perhaps Mr. Llewellyn will be the newest and youngest inductee. It's been a while since Granger ran into a member of the brotherhood. Or maybe Mr. Llewellyn will voluntarily decide to bunk with Winkler.Posted Image I can hear it now from Winkler, "Sir while you're ashore sir, would you mind if Mr. Llewellyn and I borrowed the 18 pounder?" or from Mr. Llewellyn, "Sir, I'm feeling I'd like to be very bad tonight sir, would you like to indulge me in a little private caning?"

It's going to be tough though to commit any good debauching on this voyage. I can hear Nelson talking to Granger, "Well Granger? Did the lad's punishment come off alright?" "Yes sir, you could very well say that sir." **Grinning,** "A good time was had by all sir. You might even say the punishment was a right royal pain in the arse. I had the lad was oozing with remorse." Posted Image

The kid give a whole new meaning to "sugar cane" Defined, it might be, "noun - Sir George Granger" Formerly Sugar daddy but with a whole new schtick! Posted Image

Well Done Mark. (Hey, that's almost a pun in itself!)

Happiest of New years to everyone.

And Thanks! Posted Image

• Like 2

Well, wasn't this new chapter somewhat of a stickey wicket so to speak. I have to admit, I never thought about a situation like this arising but I can see how it might have been a real issue. Mark handled it with his usual deft touch and left you wondering what could be next.

It seems like Granger and Sir Phillip Kerry will have a lot of fun, I do want to make sure that Lord Chartley gets a chance to get back into the picture. I do have to wonder how or even why Sir Phillip seems to know so much about Granger's family property and finances. It seems that is just a little strange, I would have thought the Earl was a little more discreet.

It seems to me that even if Davina's family is that powerful, if the Brotherhood decides this is an attack against one of their members, they could remove Freddie and Davina with little repercussions. It would seem that Davina trying to place a spy aboard and get proof of Granger's behaviour would be seen as an attack against the Brotherhood, not just a family matter.

• Like 2

It was my impression that the brotherhood was more of a very high end, discrete sex club. But it has a membership of very powerful people. I would think that their administrations would be subtle. It isn't like they are an attack force or an organized political group.

I have no doubt that they see to their own but . . . I don't think this is a "call to action" type of group.

regardless, I'm still awaiting my membership application in the email. :) Hey, SOMEBODY has to make the french fries right? Towel boy, condom sizer? I'll work any position. Posted Image

It was my impression that the brotherhood was more of a very high end, discrete sex club. But it has a membership of very powerful people. I would think that their administrations would be subtle. It isn't like they are an attack force or an organized political group.

I have no doubt that they see to their own but . . . I don't think this is a "call to action" type of group.

regardless, I'm still awaiting my membership application in the email. Posted Image Hey, SOMEBODY has to make the french fries right? Towel boy, condom sizer? I'll work any position. Posted Image

When Granger was receiving the information about the Brotherhood after he was admitted, it was clearly stated that an attack on one person in the group was an attack on all of the Brotherhood. When he asked about what would happen if there was an attempt to reveal what is going on in the Brotherhood, he was clearly told that it was the duty of all members to kill those that made the attempt to expose the Brotherhood or it's members. In the time this story takes place, being exposed as a homosexual would have been a death warrant for some and meant total social destruction for all. I don't think the members would hesitate to kill anyone to protect the group.

I would think that Davina's attempt to get the goods so to speak on Granger would clearly qualify for an attack on Granger at least if not an attack on the Brotherhood as a whole. Davina must die... Really what do we have to do, get Elizabeth Danfield time warped back to the past to take care of this problem???

• Like 1

When Granger was receiving the information about the Brotherhood after he was admitted, it was clearly stated that an attack on one person in the group was an attack on all of the Brotherhood. When he asked about what would happen if there was an attempt to reveal what is going on in the Brotherhood, he was clearly told that it was the duty of all members to kill those that made the attempt to expose the Brotherhood or it's members. In the time this story takes place, being exposed as a homosexual would have been a death warrant for some and meant total social destruction for all. I don't think the members would hesitate to kill anyone to protect the group.

I would think that Davina's attempt to get the goods so to speak on Granger would clearly qualify for an attack on Granger at least if not an attack on the Brotherhood as a whole. Davina must die... Really what do we have to do, get Elizabeth Danfield time warped back to the past to take care of this problem???

I think the threat would have to be against revealing the Brotherhood, which she hasn't necessarily been trying to do, and not just against outing one of it's members. As Westie has pointed out, though, Davina's family is immensely powerful, so any move against her requires a considerable amount of caution on the Earl's part.

As far as Kerry knowing so much about what was happening with Bridgemont, a certain amount of that must have been public knowledge. Even today, we have the Fortune/Forbes lists of wealthy people. Beyond that, i would think that Caroline would have shared much with him, knowing that he was going to meet with George, and knowing that she could trust him. The big question is how did she know she could trust him?

• Like 1

As far as Kerry knowing so much about what was happening with Bridgemont, a certain amount of that must have been public knowledge. Even today, we have the Fortune/Forbes lists of wealthy people. Beyond that, i would think that Caroline would have shared much with him, knowing that he was going to meet with George, and knowing that she could trust him. The big question is how did she know she could trust him?

Indeed - Debrette's "The New Peerage" had been published for the first time around 20 years previously, and following the fallout from the policy of enclosure, this period in history had a high rate of "deeds" being issued - commissions that confirmed ownership of land on behalf of a petitioner were common. The book "the new peerage" published by debrettes was the first look through the window of the aristocracy and their prestige.

Houses in London confirmed a certain level of social standing. A house on the right street, in the right area, proximal to the right places, membership of the right club, attendance at the right parties and social gatherings etc - brought together within a very tight knit business community, this ensured that with enough influence, you would know everyone's business.

This brings to light one little nagging issue in my mind though (as I ramble on)..... reading these stories you would be forgiven for thinking that most social interaction took place at Carlton House or in audiences with the King. In reality, there was a whole social season each year taking in events such as the Debutante Balls (known as "coming out" - so maybe we should keep Granger away from those ;) ), Royal Ascot, The Lord Mayors Ball, etc Summers would not be spent in London at all by the majority of the Aristocracy and Royalty. They had country estates, where the air was better and the temperatures cooler. In the summer months a more sedate pace of business was undertaken, involving as it did, travel between vast estates.

Indeed - Debrette's "The New Peerage" had been published for the first time around 20 years previously, and following the fallout from the policy of enclosure, this period in history had a high rate of "deeds" being issued - commissions that confirmed ownership of land on behalf of a petitioner were common. The book "the new peerage" published by debrettes was the first look through the window of the aristocracy and their prestige.

Houses in London confirmed a certain level of social standing. A house on the right street, in the right area, proximal to the right places, membership of the right club, attendance at the right parties and social gatherings etc - brought together within a very tight knit business community, this ensured that with enough influence, you would know everyone's business.

This brings to light one little nagging issue in my mind though (as I ramble on)..... reading these stories you would be forgiven for thinking that most social interaction took place at Carlton House or in audiences with the King. In reality, there was a whole social season each year taking in events such as the Debutante Balls (known as "coming out" - so maybe we should keep Granger away from those Posted Image ), Royal Ascot, The Lord Mayors Ball, etc Summers would not be spent in London at all by the majority of the Aristocracy and Royalty. They had country estates, where the air was better and the temperatures cooler. In the summer months a more sedate pace of business was undertaken, involving as it did, travel between vast estates.

You're right about that, of course. I hope you will forgive the poetic license, but it makes it much easier to give Granger a setting to descend into upon his return. You did forget one very important additional venue: WIndsor. George III loved it there (almost as much as his court detested it). I'm hoping to be more diverse in the home arena, especially when the time comes for Granger to spend more time there.

You're right about that, of course. I hope you will forgive the poetic license, but it makes it much easier to give Granger a setting to descend into upon his return. You did forget one very important additional venue: WIndsor. George III loved it there (almost as much as his court detested it). I'm hoping to be more diverse in the home arena, especially when the time comes for Granger to spend more time there.

I also forgot Kew Palace, but of course what both Kew and Windsor had in common was that they were personal retreats. The King entertained those who he considered his friends there - people who lived up to his strict moral code. This was the very apex of high society. And while lords Chatham and Spencer would have had seats at the table here by virtue of them both being Earls, people like Arthur Teasdale, Charles Fox, Lord Hood etc would not. These were not places of business, simply because at the very highest levels of SOCIETY, some major players were conspicuously absent. Power did not make one socially acceptable.

I also forgot Kew Palace, but of course what both Kew and Windsor had in common was that they were personal retreats. The King entertained those who he considered his friends there - people who lived up to his strict moral code. This was the very apex of high society. And while lords Chatham and Spencer would have had seats at the table here by virtue of them both being Earls, people like Arthur Teasdale, Charles Fox, Lord Hood etc would not. These were not places of business, simply because at the very highest levels of SOCIETY, some major players were conspicuously absent. Power did not make one socially acceptable.

Absolutely. But I can certainly see the Earl and Countess of Bridgemont in that circle.

Well I awoke to a joyous event, a new chapter of St Vincent... It was magnificient. The interplay between Granger and the other officers including Nelson is sparkling and the way each event moves the whole forward is just perfect. I am sure that everyone was glad to have Lt Roberts and Captain Somers back, especially Gaitling... The thought of a three way with Sir Kerry, Captain Somers, and Granger sounds like a grand time to be had by all. I wonder if Roberts will want to take Gaitling with him when he goes?

Well, I know this was sort of jumbled but I was in still in the throes of delirium from the brilliant new chapter...

• Like 1

I agree, And we all know about the seperation of lovers caused by the Navy but Grainger above others knows and saw the horror in Mr Gatlings eyes when they feared him lost. He is not without a heart for such matters. And for him to be returned only to lose him again. Posted Image

And although Winkler I am sure soothed Mr Gatling's wounded heart, he has a new Welsh Midshipmen to take care of, after all, he has access to the 18 pounder. hehehe Posted Image

Posted Image truth be told, I'm a little jealous.

• Like 1

I agree, And we all know about the seperation of lovers caused by the Navy but Grainger above others knows and saw the horror in Mr Gatlings eyes when they feared him lost. He is not without a heart for such matters. And for him to be returned only to lose him again. Posted Image

And although Winkler I am sure soothed Mr Gatling's wounded heart, he has a new Welsh Midshipmen to take care of, after all, he has access to the 18 pounder. hehehe Posted Image

Posted Image truth be told, I'm a little jealous.

That's an idea, to be sure.

Oh jeezus, I'm never looking at a cannon the same way again. I admit to never having sex bent over the barrel of a cannon, but does on the breech block/loading bay of a 5"38 gun mount come close? With a marine?

http://en.wikipedia....un_Assembly.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Fletcher_class_destroyer-detail.jpg

Gotta admit, we weren't quite as bad as the Belvidera, but this story makes me smile with some fond memories of days in the Navy.

• Like 2

Oh jeezus, I'm never looking at a cannon the same way again. I admit to never having sex bent over the barrel of a cannon, but does on the breech block/loading bay of a 5"38 gun mount come close? With a marine?

http://upload.wikime...oyer-detail.jpg

Gotta admit, we weren't quite as bad as the Belvidera, but this story makes me smile with some fond memories of days in the Navy.

Well I was never in the Navy but I can have fantasies about elevating my trunnion and using the Power-Ramer. Just the thought of it make ME recoil. Posted Image

I knew I was missing something being in the Army. Posted Image

http://upload.wikime...oyer-detail.jpg

Couple of thought on this:

1. When dkstories is reading my stories, that's pretty freakin' flattering. Posted Image

2. Sex on the breech of a gun counts, especially if it was a marine. There's a hot vision.

3. Was the gun 5", or was it the marine? Posted Image

Couple of thought on this:

1. When dkstories is reading my stories, that's pretty freakin' flattering. Posted Image

2. Sex on the breech of a gun counts, especially if it was a marine. There's a hot vision.

3. Was the gun 5", or was it the marine? Posted Image

1. He's been able to read for ages!

2. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

3. I'll take which ever is left. My buddy Winkler wants to use the five incher with a little Welsh Midshipmen next tuesday. Posted Image

It was a Marine, and like all Marines the first thing to go up on him was his legs so I can't really remember seeing his size. The gun was a 5", yes. We almost got caught after sneaking up through the upper handling room through the gun hatch, but managed to finish the deed in time.

Just don't ask about the poor aft lookout that got caught by yours truly when he was having his U/I suck him off after darken ship (U/I is under instructin - trainee). They freaked because only lookouts and armed security patrols were allowed on deck after darken ship and he thought I wouldn't be back for 30 minutes since I had just checked them.

LIke any good guard, I rotated my pattern so I never visited any of the check points in the same order as the previous round. I had so much fun later that night after I got off duty....

OH damn, gotta stop telling sea stories and get Mark to write more chapters of St Vincent since I love the story...

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..