Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

St. Vincent

ditto - 640,000 acres, 38 windmills and 16 trees 10 hours drive west of Sydney - plenty of hiding places if you need one!

Posted Image Posted Image

I didn't know you had windmills?

And what do you have against cucumbers? Some of my best friends have been cucumbers!

Posted Image (ooops, did I type that out loud?)

Salad anyone?

It's good to be back :D. Congrats on your award!

This latest twist, I suppose it depends whether Freddie knew what she was doing ... either way I can't see her getting away with, she is playing with fire.

And who is the last guy, and was I take it that he is not supposed to be letting Granger go ... But why the hell is he involved. I suppose life can throw you into situations.

It is so good to see you here! Wow! Welcome back! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I think Freddie knew they were inviting him to dinner but I don't think he had the rape planned. The hand writing after all was his as Mark pointed out. But the note didn't openly invite him to a rape. The question is, how much did he know and when? Or does he know yet? Was he perhaps tending to Chartley and worrying about his brother? Did he just think they had been mugged and his brother kidnapped? Remember the plan was that he would not "know" his rapist. I think she slipped away from Freddie and Chartley on a ruse of getting help or a doctor or something.

I don't think Freddie would knowingly be complicit. I mean as far as charm and compassion, Freddie is as dry as a pop corn fart. But he's not really evil. His wife is the evil and clever one. And he IS a man of breeding. Such acts by his own hand would be unthinkable.

The big question is how will this affect his relationship with Caroline? Will his next encounter with her bring the bitterness of bile into their kiss? Granger's gastric eruption is a sure sign of emotional extremism. It had to leave an imprint.

Take out a reef or two if you please Mr Arbour. Meanwhile I'll pace sternly aft with a glass of port and give you a bow! While envisioning the previous bathing ritual of the mizzen and main. Both giving a whole new meaning to MASTerbation and seamen that stays. ;)

This "homecoming" just gets worse for George. It's apparent his luck has shifted and if he didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have any at all.

Being bound and molested repeatedly by his scheming bitch of a sister-in-law (in what I suppose was her fertile time of the month) was demented. Freddy if complicit, does indeed deserve the worst.

The word of the muscle hunk that he would alert George's ship and have some marines dispatched was intriguing but will it be in time to catch Freddy and Davina? Somehow, I think not yet.

I am wondering if we are getting clues as to the direction of the next novel in the series?

I'm beginning to think some of the posters to this forum are a little unhinged...Posted Image Posted Image

Does that include the author? I mean, tell us something we didn't already know! Posted Image Have you read CAP? Posted Image

And you say "unhinged" like it's totally a bad thing? Posted Image

Does that include the author? I mean, tell us something we didn't already know! Posted Image Have you read CAP? Posted Image

And you say "unhinged" like it's totally a bad thing? Posted Image

No, not a bad thing at all...it's a condition I am very familiar with of myself! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

As far as the author is concerned...well, we all know what a sad case he is...Posted Image Posted Image

No, not a bad thing at all...it's a condition I am very familiar with of myself! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

As far as the author is concerned...well, we all know what a sad case he is...Posted Image Posted Image

Ya I love him too. Posted Image

I have viewed my opinion of sir George's rape and kidnapping in the chapter reviews, but I have a question about rating. I have seen a few post mention them and I support Mark receiving fives, but if I wanted to rate some story or chapter how do you do that?

I hate showing my ignorance, but how else do we learn. Posted Image I tried help and didn't find anthing close to how to rate a chapter/story. Thanks in advance to the kind soul that replies without making too much fun of my ignorance.

Jim

I have viewed my opinion of sir George's rape and kidnapping in the chapter reviews, but I have a question about rating. I have seen a few post mention them and I support Mark receiving fives, but if I wanted to rate some story or chapter how do you do that?

I hate showing my ignorance, but how else do we learn. Posted Image I tried help and didn't find anthing close to how to rate a chapter/story. Thanks in advance to the kind soul that replies without making too much fun of my ignorance.

Jim

At the top of each story and each chapter are 5 stars. Just click on the number that represents your rating. Is that what you meant?

This last chapter has brought up a few questions. I am not sure what the reactions of noblity to Davine's actions. In my mind nothing can justify her behavior. Freddie's reaction is also puzzling. Am I wrong about this? We have not gotten to know Freddie and at this point I am glad. I can see why the Earl is worried about Freddie. He should be. The Earl should be more worried about Davina. She needs major help. I believe George has to tell the Earl about this. Davina maybe carrying George's child. The Earl needs to know that. What do you think guys?

• Like 2

well Davina is a good hater, I'll say that for her. Ok, so she was frustrated, but still you need to have a twist deep inside to think what she planned was in any way rational.

As for Freddie - the very definition of a fop. It's unfortunate that he he's about 50 years late in terms of being at the height of fashion. I know I am projecting here but imagine being Freddy and surviving your teenage years, your twenty's and thirty's without an erection; that's an awful lot of missed pleasure!

• Like 1

This last chapter has brought up a few questions. I am not sure what the reactions of noblity to Davine's actions. In my mind nothing can justify her behavior. Freddie's reaction is also puzzling. Am I wrong about this? We have not gotten to know Freddie and at this point I am glad. I can see why the Earl is worried about Freddie. He should be. The Earl should be more worried about Davina. She needs major help. I believe George has to tell the Earl about this. Davina maybe carrying George's child. The Earl needs to know that. What do you think guys?

I think the Earl does need to know, and I do agree with you that there's really no justification for what she did. I get the feeling that she's not trying to justify herself; I don't think she feels she has to. I think she is trying to explain herself. The reaction of any good aristocrat to her actions would be sheer horror. They would understand her sense of duty, but not her total lack of honor or scruples. She's banking on the fact that George won't make this a public issue, and that's a good bet.

well Davina is a good hater, I'll say that for her. Ok, so she was frustrated, but still you need to have a twist deep inside to think what she planned was in any way rational.

As for Freddie - the very definition of a fop. It's unfortunate that he he's about 50 years late in terms of being at the height of fashion. I know I am projecting here but imagine being Freddy and surviving your teenage years, your twenty's and thirty's without an erection; that's an awful lot of missed pleasure!

Well said. I am hoping that everyone gets the level of control this gives Davina over Freddie. Can you visualize their life together? Anytime she wants him to do something, she has but to remind him that he can't fulfill his most basic obligation. And every time she does that, it's like a carronade attacking his masculinity. The guy must have absolutely no self-esteem left.

• Like 3

Well, I am sure that Dr. Jackson will fix Freddie but I still think Davina needs to be eliminated and Freddie can try again with a better woman. I am sure that a slip and fall from the ship heading to Bermuda can be arranged.

I do agree that at the very least the Earl will have to be given an overview of what has occured, and at least a general view of the why. I know that this will cause Freddie some discomfort but he will just have to get over it... I also agree that George will never make this a public issue, even if he was not at fault, there would be serious repercussions involved even for him.

Great chapter and storyline Mark, I have to say that I never in a million years saw this coming... It was just really well written and thought out, kudos to you...

• Like 1

George still has no ship. Freddie and Davina need to go to the West Indies. Could George receive orders to take his brother there? That would be a very interesting voyage. The only good thing about it is that we will get to see George's Grandfather again and his hot assistant. What do you think?

Great chapter, Mark! I would like to pursue another thing...both Chartley and Granger were assaulted, knocked out cold and both were restrained. How can anyone let that go by without charges against them, not to mention the rape of Granger. I think Davina must be charged with assault even if they don't mention the rape. Surely the laws of the time would demand punishment? Even if she is an aristocrat? What does everyone here think? What are you going to do, Mark? Inquiring minds want to know!Posted Image

• Like 1

Great chapter, Mark! I would like to pursue another thing...both Chartley and Granger were assaulted, knocked out cold and both were restrained. How can anyone let that go by without charges against them, not to mention the rape of Granger. I think Davina must be charged with assault even if they don't mention the rape. Surely the laws of the time would demand punishment? Even if she is an aristocrat? What does everyone here think?

no court case, no charges, no legal ramifications at all. This is all about family and family will fix it.

with luch Davina will be exciled to the south shetlands with a broomstick for company and Freddy will find a good woman that can massage his "self esteem" back to what it should be. That, dear Clydee, is 19th century justice and it has a nice ring to it, eh? Posted Image

I believe that Peter II of Russia, Catherine the Great husband had the same problem. His soldiers got him drunk and had a the operation. Shortly after that Catherine was with child. Was it Peter's child? Who knows? Not to different then this situation.

Well Chartley was wronged and that must be made right. As for the Earle finding out, well there were a large number of footmen pressed into service against their will. They will certainly want a little sweet revenge. And will any of them end up on Granger's ship? that remains to be seen. And what if they and what they know fall into the hands of Fox or Wilcox or Mann?

The Earle and, yes even the king, may yet get wind of this yet. And as twisted as Mark is, I have no doubt that Granger's sense of Duty here will gain him admiration in court. Even if it is not widely known why.

But the guys pressed into service bother's me. I don't think that old adage of keep your friends close and your enemies closer applies on-board a ship at sea in the late 1700's. And ALL of them know what happened there that night. And they KNOW that Granger was buggered by Alfred the dead! And they ALL know that he fucked Davina three times in one night while Freddie was right up stairs.

That is quite a few too many for it not to get out. I suspect the Earle will be quite pissed at having to find out from the gossip. And Davina's father? Oh holy shit!

Now as for the smitten young sailor. I wonder what rank he will have if any and what will become of him?

And Mark, why have we not heard more about the ships boys? The powder monkeys and the ones who tip the timers and ring the bell for the time? And what of Ranger? Did they finally eat him?

And before I sign off on this one. This revelation dispels all the propaganda about what kind of mutiny the next story might be about. That means that someone will swing in the next story. :( Sounds like it will be a bit darker of a piece.

But the guys pressed into service bother's me. I don't think that old adage of keep your friends close and your enemies closer applies on-board a ship at sea in the late 1700's. And ALL of them know what happened there that night. And they KNOW that Granger was buggered by Alfred the dead! And they ALL know that he fucked Davina three times in one night while Freddie was right up stairs.

I think it is assuming a lot that they all know what happened. Even in her deranged state of mind, I can't imagine Davina doing what what done with much of an audience. Alfred knew, but of course he is dead, but how many of the others really knew for sure? I mean the odds are that at least two took him to the basement but there really isn't anything in the previous chapter to indicate that anyone but Alfred was there when the deed was done. The young man that went after the marines came in after everything was completed, although he was nude I believe so he might have been watching to know what happened. I doubt that Alfred would have said much, after all; he had attacked an officer of the King and a man with the bluest blood. Not sure that he was dumb enough to spread that about, although he was dumb enough to get invovled with Davina. And did anyone else notice how distraught she got over the death of footman? And even if one of the others or more knew, it isn't like today with the internet, how many people could that person tell that really mattered? And would anyone that they told really believe them, after all; Granger is a married man, with several children, and damn near a national hero...

I do think that Chartley will let Granger make the final decision on how far to push this. I do think the Earl will at least have to be made aware of the basic facts, maybe not all the details... In addition, I don't think that Davina's father the Duke would be in much postion to do anything to save her. Davina's behaviour would have put her so out of bounds in that era and time that neither her families position or wealth could save her, as a matter of fact the family itself would be significantly embaressed and even damaged by her actions....

• Like 2

Well, was re-reading the last few chapters and just had a horrible thought... What if Davina was in cahoots with Silly Billy? Even if they didn't know all the details of why, they might very well know that each of the other was after George and decide to team up...

A fantastic chapter Mark. Luckily I got it just as the notice landed. I pounced on it like a hungry whore on a $500 trick. And I wasn't disappointed. I was glad to see our little Welshman taken home with him. And the bath scene was intense. And what a lucky midshipmen! A send off like that for his voyage home has to leave a lasting impression. I wonder if he tried successfully to buy the 18 pounder in the captain's cabin. Won't his mother be surprised when it is delivered to his bedroom at home in Wales.

I can see it clearly as it is unloaded from the wagon, "Isn't it grand mother!" His mother eying it keenly running her hand over it seductively. Perhaps his fetish is genetic?

So what next Sir Arbour? There are lives to ruin and tempers to sooth and he needs to get Freddie laid appropriately. And let's not forget the Earle. He has yet to learn of things and there are powerful men that need ruining aren't there? And Caroline to deal with yet. This is a little like CAP gone Naval 1700's. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..