What Do You Like Best In A Story?

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you enjoy most about a new story?

• New characters
    • New plotline
    • New relationships and romances
    • New setting
    • New twists
    • I like it all!
  2. 2. Do you like sequels or only one story?

• Sequels
    • One main story
    • Both
    • Ehh...don't care
  3. 3. What's your favorite pairing?

• Gay
    • Lesbian
    • Transgender
    • Straight
    • I like it all!

Once i get hooked i dont want the story to end so im a big fan of sequels.

Agreed. IF the sequels are good and unique and not, "Ohhh ... people like this, I'm gonna churn this out of my butt and make more money." Examples: I thought the Harry Potter sequel books were good and each had their own plot and were reasonably well told. Meanwhile, the Oz series tanked after book 6 and became more of an assembly line.

I'm pretty open to any kinds of stories as long as they hook me fast. Once hooked I'm devoted.

Every now and then I find a story that makes me wild, or a new author whose style in writing is so unique that I fell in love with every word that comes out from him/her. Those moments of anticipation and curiosity are my favourites in reading a new story or a new author to me.

there are some... some expectations that come out by reading a story. Pleasant expectations, I suppose. Reading can cause a little scare sometimes, well mixed with the pleasant expectations. For a story is like a simulation of living. We need to read stories for we have not enough living in our life. Sometimes we had not enough thrilling in our lives. Or, either, living a real lives takes us a lot of time we not have. Then, events develop much faster in a novel, or a short story. Then, reading is akin to live in a much faster way. And it is a lot cheaper than the real thing.

Then, depending on the readers you aiming at... your stories should have some constraints in language. If you had read the famous Madame Bovary of Flaubert, you can see how prudish was his language, and this novel was declared obscene because a married lady was flirting with a young gentleman. There is a part on the story that tell us they went at last along in a close carriage at great speed by lone ways in the countryside. It is supposed in this sinful carriage, they unleashed their lower passions constrained for so long. It is supposed... because the author does no tell a word of what was happening inside this carriage. It is the sinful mind of the reader that is imagining the lustful scene. But what this couple was doing is simple to pray the holy rosary. Remember they were French and catholics.

Then, the story was obscene because, the censors were obscene. And they assumed that not self-respecting lady goes alone in a carriage praying the holy rosary without a chaperon to witness the event. Or, just in case, a married lady has not the right to do that either. Not even to wink a young bachelor gentleman.

The stories in GA, to be popular, has to be priggish like those of 19 century. Flaubert wrote this novel in late 19 century during the apotheosis of Victorian prudishness. So, take this notice, those strayed authors that are too explicit narrators. A lady cannot go alone in a carriage with a gentleman unless she is accompanied by a chaperon.

John Galaor, the explicit narrator

As long as it's well written with a good plot and not just one sex scene after another.

I prefer high school/college coming out / first gay love/relationship, self discovery. All that stuff

Authors include (but not all) domluka, comicallity, grasshopper, vlista, littlebuddha, deweywritter, cole Parker, Bill W, Ronyx and Graeme. There are too many great authors on here to mention them all by name

OH.. and I'm a sucker for a happy ending =D