Those who love to write

I'm a new member. This site seems to be the right place for me. I love to write and have the time to do it, as I am retired. I have an avid interest in politics, and I am gay. So I wrote a novel about the first out gay American President,. Using th4 pseudonym Jack Newman, I titled my novel, "My Fellow Gay Americans." When I can, I will post it on this site.

• Site Administrator

My first suggestion, read the Site Help area with the rules and run through of how the site works and how to use GA Stories. Then, be active. Read and review. Talk to other authors. Cruise the Writer's Corner. Add your two cents to the topics there or add one of your own. Create a discussion forum, respond to all reviews and comments by readers. There is a huge volume of stories here on GA so sometimes if you are an unknown author it will take time to get your story noticed. You definitely get out what you put into the site.

That all being said, welcome to GA! I hope you find the site a comfortable home for your stories.

I read "A Chance Encounter." It was beautiful. I could smell the air in the park; I could hear the noise of the train; I could see the people at the station, and I could feel the cool spray from the fountain. It brought to mind my own angst at wanting to be straight and hating who I really was (am). Yet it reminded me of how lucky I am to finnally come out, even if it had to follow my becoming a widower. Brt your story was touching, both joyful and painful at the same time. It is very skillful writing. Congratulations.

Welcome! I'm interested in your story already. Looking forward to it very much :)

• Like 1

I read "A Chance Encounter." It was beautiful. I could smell the air in the park; I could hear the noise of the train; I could see the people at the station, and I could feel the cool spray from the fountain. It brought to mind my own angst at wanting to be straight and hating who I really was (am). Yet it reminded me of how lucky I am to finnally come out, even if it had to follow my becoming a widower. Brt your story was touching, both joyful and painful at the same time. It is very skillful writing. Congratulations.

This is not the proper forum for this Posted Image but I just want to thank you for reading my story. It means a lot to me :hug: And thank you very much for the compliments, you have no idea how big my grin is right now. 'A Chance Encounter' is very special to me and you just made it more special. Thank you!

LOL

you can come to chat too... meet a whole bunch of weird people in there, like Cia, Frosty, and Jian...

other than that... poke around, read the FAQ, join the fun, and write.