Anime?

MidNight_Love

Question, as it regards anime. To those who watch it, do you watch the subs or dubs?

Personally, I detest dubs and will *ONLY* watch an anime with subs, as the English voices tend to be very flat, even monotoned. The Japanese is much more entertaining because the emotion in the voices is as ludicrous as their actions in a situation. It makes it so I can't do anything else though, so I can read the words on my screen, which is a drawback as I have a hard time focusing on anything on a screen unless I'm doing something.

Lmao, I detest dubs too. Half of them make the characters sound retarded. Seriously retarded.

Question, as it regards anime. To those who watch it, do you watch the subs or dubs?

Personally, I detest dubs and will *ONLY* watch an anime with subs, as the English voices tend to be very flat, even monotoned. The Japanese is much more entertaining because the emotion in the voices is as ludicrous as their actions in a situation. It makes it so I can't do anything else though, so I can read the words on my screen, which is a drawback as I have a hard time focusing on anything on a screen unless I'm doing something.

I've tried dub once (it was DN Angel (a shoujo-anime)) and clicked after a minute right away. Just give me the original voices.

I believe Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi is in the same universe because Ritsu and Masamune work at Marukawa Publishing Company which publishes Akihiko's works. I wouldn't really say it is a sequel though.

Anyway, I used to watch anime quite a bit but I got annoyed at having to watch fillers all the time so I just stuck with manga.

ah i see. now i understand the anime more haha. anyway, i read manga as well atm.

• 4 months later...

Ummm, I LOVE shonen anime.

Not really into that kind of yaoi thingy though because all yaoi men tends to be feminine.

Ugh.. **shudder**

My fav one at the moment is The Blue Exorcist.

The story is amazing!

The main char is totally straight, I like his personality. Oh, and I like his foster father too.

I also like Tegami Bachi or in english, Letter Bee.

Sadly, I only preferred the first season, mainly the first chapter because of Gauche. AND because the opening and ending song is epic.

The moment Gauche's gone from the story, I immediately lose interest.

I hate main char who doesn't stand up for himself. Or act like a man. But that's just me.

Wait! I can't believe I forgot to mention Digimon Season 1!

This anime definitely made my day, back in my childhood.

Ahh... Remember the innocence..

Edited by AnimalMorph

I used to love anime. But these days not so much.... but I do watch it and there are some I love. And can watch over and over again, but those are usually whimsical in nature and kinda serious in nature. So basically anything by Hayao Miyazaki. I love all his work. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky.... are my favorites. Yes all Miyazaki films. :D

If anyone who dislikes anime should check those out. I think you'll like these, if you like other types of animation. They aren't your typical otaku type anime. I especially love Princess Mononoke. The characters and the lore were wonderful.

Ranma 1/2 (bought the whole series and watched it with my partner. So wonderfully subversive)

Genshiken

Full Metal Alchemist

Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Totoro

Spirited Away

Princess Mononoke

So yes...love Anime. Go to Otakon every year.

lb.

I too am an anime Fan Nephylim, Kio Kara Maoh! is a good one (and has serious gay undertones hahahaa!) Loveles, ....Towards the Terra (which i don't recommend...as after i bought that anime i was so frustated sad and angry i wanted to kill Mother then bring her back and kill her again...(mother being a character in the anime not my mother)) Black blood Brothers, Karas, Sayuiki, though my personal favorites are probably Kio Kara Maoh! and the original Full Metal Alchemist... though i like most (and mostly in their own original Japanese format and not "reinterpreted" In English...sadly though sometimes Translators go to far in most countries....

Yeeeeeey! Fellow anime fans. *squeals like a girl*

Well let's see, what do I mainly watch...before I watch a lot but recently, since I'm busy...I mainly read

mangas for faster process(?). Hmm, I mainly read Naruto, Fairy Tail, Hunter X Hunter, Kuroshitsuji,

Sora No Otoshimono, Highschool of the Dead...well, I can't really name them all can I. It'll take hours!

So there, I'm an anime fan and I'd really like to cosplay too! I haven't done it yet but I would have IF I

have the luxury of it. But apparently, I don't have that. Hahaha.

I usually only like sub, not dub. The only anime I like anymore is Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. Both are exceptionally well done voice acting wise. I read Naruto Manga like a fiend, but not the anime. The other one I like is Kiki the Delivery Girl. Don't know why, I love it.

• 1 month later...

I love anime, but I have been disheartened by the junk being spewed out in the last 5-7 years. It's really taken a nose dive in terms of quality and amount of that quality being pumped out. The last good anime I watched that was somewhat newer was House of Five Leaves, and that was an unfortunately short one. Among my favorites are:

Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood

Ghost in the Shell/Stand Alone Complex

Samurai Champloo

Monster

Cowboy Bebop

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Paranoia Agent

Welcome to the NHK

Ergo Proxy

Death Note

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now. I shall come back and edit it with more later. In any case, you can see I prefer the darker, maybe more adult-themed, somewhat psychologically thrilling ones, but there is some variety in there. All of those are great anime!

I was really into manga in high school, more than anime. I read InuYasha and Gravitation, mostly.

My ex-boyfriend had me watch Ghost in the Shell (which I loved), Cowboy Bebop (which I loved), and Fullmetal Alchemist (which I didn't love) though.

I really like a lot of Japanese things, really. I would read more manga if it wasn't so expensive, and I would watch more anime if I had time. Now I'm stuck on the anime-style ball jointed dolls. And pocky. God, I love pocky....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a massive anime noobie but I saw Ponyo the other day on TV and loved it.

Even if it was English dubbed :)

Although the girl who played Ponyo had a seriously squeaky voice... LIke a chalkboard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I loved Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, and a bunch of the others that Disney has released over here. I'd kind of forgotten about them. Maybe I'll watch Spirited Away again tonight. :)

Yeah, I loved Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, and a bunch of the others that Disney has released over here. I'd kind of forgotten about them. Maybe I'll watch Spirited Away again tonight. Posted Image

Do it! I loved Ponyo too... I was so impressed that they managed to get such great actors to voice the English dubbed version. But Spirited Away is definitely better.

Heard Princess Mononoke is meant to be good as well. Has anyone seen it?

Heard Princess Mononoke is meant to be good as well. Has anyone seen it?

Yea, a long time ago. I don't remember too much about it although I'm a pretty big fan of all the Miyazaki Japanese anime movies. The score to Spirited away was amazing, and I taught myself the piano suite to Kiki when I was still in high school. (btw does anyone else think that "Kiki" is kiiiind of a stripper name? I mean I love the movie but you take someone name "Kiki" and give her a broom, which is essentially a pole....I really just can't get over it)

(btw does anyone else think that "Kiki" is kiiiind of a stripper name? I mean I love the movie but you take someone name "Kiki" and give her a broom, which is essentially a pole....I really just can't get over it)

You know what? It never occurred to me... But now it makes total sense. And it totally makes me wonder about the 'service' she's offering.

Thanks YB. I like the way you think :)

• Like 1

You know what? It never occurred to me... But now it makes total sense. And it totally makes me wonder about the 'service' she's offering.

Thanks YB. I like the way you think Posted Image

That is just so wrong. :lol:

I've seen Princess Mononoke. It was alright...nothing special though. Personally...the romance wasn't enought for me Posted Image

It wasn't only romance in that story. sigh.

I've seen Princess Mononoke. It was alright. Personally...the romance wasn't enought for me Posted Image

It wasn't only romance in that story. sigh.

Since this is Anya we're talkin' bout, no wonder romance wasn't enough. She needed sex - filthy sex - and lots of it and since the movie had wolves....wow Anya, you're kinda gross ;)