Anti-Gay Group says it's losing the war against Gay-Marriage

Andrew Q Gordon

Article

Basically the Focus on the Family CEO said that 'Christians' are losing the war against gay marriage. By Christians I suppose he means his narrow minded, conservative slice of Christianity. He sites demographics that suggest 65-70% of the under 40 population is in favor of Gay Marriage and that it isn't likely to get better.

Interesting article, especially his explanation of why God is letting this happen :P

• Like 1

Article

Basically the Focus on the Family CEO said that 'Christians' are losing the war against gay marriage. By Christians I suppose he means his narrow minded, conservative slice of Christianity. He sites demographics that suggest 65-70% of the under 40 population is in favor of Gay Marriage and that it isn't likely to get better.

Interesting article, especially his explanation of why God is letting this happen :P

B)................. I believe that is all due to the younger generation no longer afraid of the closets coming out and educating their peers. This could not have happened in the '60s even with the sexual revolution in front of us. Thank G_D, it is finally happening, I might see it becoming law before my death.

• Like 1

Article

Hopefully it will spread around... Europe is said to be very gay tolerant - but the major countries still didn't budge. :(

Off-topic: ANDY! who's the hottie in your signature? :-o

You know, I've never understood the insane opposition to gay marriage. I mean, I get that if you think it's a sin you wouldn't want to "condone" it or whatever by letting the sinners get married but some of these people act like they can just pretend the gay doesn't really exist if they can just keep them from getting married. There are about a million other issues in this country that could use even a tenth of that kind of energy.

This is cool news though. Honestly I don't care much about marriage either way and I really think this should be a state issue instead of a federal one but it'll be nice if at some point we can get this solved and move onto other things. I'd kinda like to have an economy sometime this century....

You know, I've never understood the insane opposition to gay marriage. I mean, I get that if you think it's a sin you wouldn't want to "condone" it or whatever by letting the sinners get married but some of these people act like they can just pretend the gay doesn't really exist if they can just keep them from getting married. There are about a million other issues in this country that could use even a tenth of that kind of energy.

This is cool news though. Honestly I don't care much about marriage either way and I really think this should be a state issue instead of a federal one but it'll be nice if at some point we can get this solved and move onto other things. I'd kinda like to have an economy sometime this century....

Oh, my... didn't you know that if GAYS were to be able to be married then boy DOGS could marry boy CATS? Yes, it's TRUE! I read it on the "Families Matter More Than Gay Perverts" website! It's right up there on that Internet so it MUST be TRUE! And MEN could marry 79 TWINKS too! Yes, it's TRUE though I do have to say I'm sure not sure what them TWINKS might be but it's GOT to be BAD! If it wasn't BAD then GOD would have been making those TWINKS and we know HE wouldn't do a thing like THAT just like he DOESN'T make GAYS!Well, NOW you know why GAYS can NEVER be allowed to MARRY! We don't want them out there REPRODUCING and making more GAYS and have them SHOW UP all OVER the place, now do we?

Colin :sheep:

Oh, my... didn't you know that if GAYS were to be able to be married then boy DOGS could marry boy CATS?

I think this is already legal in Japan, lol.

• Site Administrator

I've never understood why any person shouldn't be allowed to be married. Marriage isn't easy and it's not for a lot of people but that's based on their personalities, not their sexualities. I say if someone is willing to stand up and make that commitment then they should be allowed to. It doesn't hurt me.

I definitely think the way most of us were raised, to be tolerant of other's differences and to let go of stereotypes has definitely changed the voting trends. Based on the repeal of DADT the Navy is considering allowing military chaplains to perform marriages for same sex couples in states that allow it. They announced the decision and then reversed it under pressure of course, to allow the lawyers more time to 'study the decision'. Hopefully it will be a step in the right direction though as the older, more closeminded generations disappear from power.

Why should, who I love and want to marry, have any effect on anyone else? What I do in my life, in my home and in my bedroom is nobody’s business!:P

When a guy and girl gets married it doesn’t have any negative or positive repercussions on me whatsoever! So how can what I do have any on them?

I’m glad that these narrow minded people are losing their war on gay marriage.

If you think of this as merely a sound of defeat, it might be too early, sorry for being the wet blanket.

Focus on the Family right now is losing political clout among conservatives and their war chest is starting to feel the impact. By saying that they are losing the fight against gay marriage, they are actually trying to regain political and financial power that was lost. The anti-gay groups have been tapping themselves out financially due to the economic downturn, because most of their investments were real estate based to begin with. This is a cry for money and support rather than a sound of defeat. With the bad economic numbers, I don't think they will see either.

It's a good sign; it might not be the sound of defeat, but it shows their influence is weakening if they need to resort to scare tactics to pay off their obligations.

Focus on the Family right now is losing political clout among conservatives...

It doesn't help when their expert witnesses vacation with rentbois and star senators get caught in mens room stings. :rolleyes:

So far it looks like anti-gay crusaders == neurotic closet cases