How Will You Spend Your Sundays in the Fall?

It looks more and more like the 2011 NFL season will be affected by the current lockout.

NFL Lockout: Teams Cut Payrolls

If there are no football games on Sunday, what will you do? Is it possible to survive a whole fall and bleak early winter with no football games on Sunday? Maybe the college ranks can shift some high profile games to Sunday or maybe the MLS can get a major channels in prime time viewing slots.

Well it's possible for NFL Network or ESPN to start broadcasting CFL games on Sundays just to keep the audience at bay... but lucky for me because I'm near the Canadian border, I can watch CFL and root for Montreal Alouettes. If not, then I have all fall to look forward to the start of the hockey season with Winnipeg in the NHL as the newest team in the NHL this season :)

Well it's possible for NFL Network or ESPN to start broadcasting CFL games on Sundays just to keep the audience at bay... but lucky for me because I'm near the Canadian border, I can watch CFL and root for Montreal Alouettes. If not, then I have all fall to look forward to the start of the hockey season with Winnipeg in the NHL as the newest team in the NHL this season :)

The Als' aren't that popular a team but hey you're rooting for my city's football team so I'm flattered (even though I have absolutely no interest at all in football).

Which leads me to say that my Sundays aren't modified in the slightest.

Thankfully we have 'REAL' football starting in August, so no worries over here!

Oh, are you referring to "soccer"?

(Insert devilish smile here)

Edited by XBadboyX

Nothing will take the place of football on Sunday afternoons during the fall. I don't want to watch the CFL Posted Image and I sure as hell don't want to watch soccer. Hopefully the NCAA can shift some of the big time rivalry games like you mentioned to Sunday time slots. The intensity that goes into college rivalries is unmatched.

Nothing will take the place of football on Sunday afternoons during the fall. I don't want to watch the CFL Posted Image and I sure as hell don't want to watch soccer. Hopefully the NCAA can shift some of the big time rivalry games like you mentioned to Sunday time slots. The intensity that goes into college rivalries is unmatched.

Matty, of course you don't want to watch anything Canadian except hockey, NCAA made some moves to shift the bowl games on Sundays because they are anticipating the lockout, so it's possible for the teams to do that too only with the agreement of the other school and the conference too.

Thankfully we have 'REAL' football starting in August, so no worries over here! :P

Given the recent, woeful results of UK teams in the UEFA Cup, UEFA Champions League and the World Cup many on the continent would contend little 'real' football is played at all these days in the UK. :P

Gee, I don't know. Maybe I'll do something, myself, instead of watching somebody else do something, and getting all hot and bothered about it.

:lmao:

I thought of building a ballista. Too many salesmen and evangelists around these parts.

:axeman:

I like to watch real sports like professional wrestling and not fake ass football, thank you very much.

*hides in a bunker*

But yeah I don't watch football or any sport really so I'll just do the same thing I do every Sunday, bitch about everything closing 3 hours early. :P

Edited by Cyhort

I like to watch real sports like professional wrestling and not fake ass football, thank you very much.

*hides in a bunker*

But yeah I don't watch football or any sport really so I'll just do the same thing I do every Sunday, bitch about everything closing 3 hours early. :P

lol same... I don't care about gridiron (really a pointless and boring game imo :mellow: )

Now AFL I dont like watching unless my team is in the top 8 (which they finally are!) like last year we were wooden spooners so I hardly watched any footy :P

and I'm normally working Sunday arvos anyway so I will miss the end of the Eagles game this sunday <_<

Given the recent, woeful results of UK teams in the UEFA Cup, UEFA Champions League and the World Cup many on the continent would contend little 'real' football is played at all these days in the UK. :P

I hardly think an English team (Man Utd) getting to the final of the Champions League was woeful! Nor were the amount of teams we had in the final stages.

To be fair Barcelona were magnificent throughout the competition, and deserved winners, so total kudos to them for playing the beautiful game to almost perfection.

That said, the Premier League, (week by week in season), attracts more viewers worldwide than any other sporting event during the year.. aside from the Olympics, Commonwealth Games etc.

Sadly it is also gluttonous in its greed, which is slowly killing clubs in the lower leagues.

• Like 1