[Adam Phillips] Crosscurrents, Chapter 31

So, all of my freaking out whenever I saw the wrong name and rushing to inform you of the mistake has been for nothing, Adam? Damn.;-)

The Adamic Blasts have been an interesting part of knowing you over the years. I hope they never entirely fade, even though you have mellowed out as you've entered your thirties.

Adam,

The Prologue shows what Andy was thinking at the beginning of that "weekend" of reflection and remembrance when he arrives at the condo at the beach, there's not a thing in it that definitely states what Andy is thinking at the end of that weekend, In fact, we, the readers, don't even have a clue as to what Andy is even thinking yet at the end of that particular weekend, although those first paragraphs of the story might have implied to a casual reader that the reasons for the whole "reflection" thing would still be the same as that weekend came to a close. Maybe those reasons and expectation change by the end.

Damn. From a strictly literary standpoint...well, hell, where were you when I was fretting about this before? That might have been a great narrative solution. Now I've already gone and committed myself to resolving things with a sequel. If you'd have spoken up earlier with your idea, you could have saved me a lot of upcoming work!

• 2 months later...

I... hope it's not too late to post here (the chapter has been up since June) but I liked this story so much that I registered here so I could give the author some feedback!

Well, I started reading CC quite some time ago, it got my attention at first sight, but when Andy kept being stupid I was kinda pissed/tired and give it a rest. Now I started reading it back, and really enjoyed how it was going. Really, your writing is amazing Adam!

I was hoping that Andy and Matt would be back together since ever, but almost had no more hope actually. Though that was quite good to me because the plot really got me going, and surprised me. When they were on the beach and Matt played the country tune, and everything I wanted happened, and they started to cry... I had also tears falling too. Wah, it was so awesome, the best part of the story so far!

Chapter 30 and 31 were everything I could hope for. It always bugged me a little that on sex there was always the condom there, and I get it's necessary to play safe, but it's a bit of a turn off to me. Then, what I could never expect happened: Matt wanted Andy to bareback him! I was like "OH YEAH! Go Go Go!". Really, even the reasons were just what I wanted, you can't feel closer, you can't feel more intimate than this.

I read some topics before I started this post, and I read some things about having more 3 or so chapters. I shivered, I didn't want it to end, not just because it's an awesome story and it's on it's best part, but because I'm afraid of the prologue. But then I read some other things you said about this, and in the end all I can do is trust you and that you'll do the best for Andy and Matt. I read about a sequel too, that got me so excited, and to think Matt's going to tell this story is even better!

Thanks a lot for sharing this awesome story with us, and keep the good work Adam!

• 2 weeks later...

For reasons I've covered before, Kaen, I don't have a lot of control over the "plot." It's going to be what it's going to be. The "trust" you're giving over to me doesn't belong in my hands, because I don't have it within my power to "do the best for Andy and Matt." What I'm saying is that I didn't exactly create the plot; I lived it.

Having lived it, though, I can speak with some authority when I say you won't want to slit your wrists when it's all over. After all, I didn't. Posted Image