Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 81: Ultimate Designs

Brilliantly done! Realistic to the storyline, well written, hot and like Christmas almost in July! Thanks for taking the story in this direction, patiently developing the characters, and again, writing a very erotic and hot scene!

Congratulations CJ. Great chapter. You certainly moved the plot forward. However, the chronological advance was maybe five hours, or so. With that ending, the next chapter should start out on Saturday morning. Who knows? They might miss their scheduled departure tide on Sunday.

B)............... Great chapter CJ, finally Shane gives in!! :boy: Plenty of clues in this one;

"When it’s got the builder’s name and insignia on it like this, it means the owner ordered it new from the builder, and the builder made the plaque,” said Trevor

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Trevor has found the Aires already but doesn't realize it yet. Ned did work on the Kookaburra it would be easy to see that Rachel wanted to disguise the Aries and has Ned turn it into a 57.

"The Blakes have had her since she was new, said Shane. Hummm, so why order a new plaque? Ultimate designs, my first thought was of what Trevor had in store for Shane. But now, I think it refers to the Kookaburra. Again a great chapter, finally the pretense of these two is over!! :music:

• Site Moderator

I'll throw in my comments that I gave CJ when I sent the chapter back to him.

I need to change one thing from my comments on the last chapter, Shane wasn’t’ falling in love with Trev, he already had. I also think this is going to go a long way in helping Trev recover. Trev no longer has to worry about what Shane will think. He can get back to being more normal and stop running into things.

I’ll also have to admit, even tho it’s been discussed, I couldn’t think of Shane being bi. Given what we know of their histories, I think they’ve both found what they need, each other.

THANK GOD I was really worrying about that drivers license. FINALLY some resolution on a critical plot point.

Also, you know, Shane + Trevor sittin in a tree

And Shelly is um, ah, Rachel. Or she's been grafted into Kookaburra's navigational systems.

Edited by bigdave976
  • Like 1

Ultimate Designs is up.

I hope this one comes across okay. I always worry whether I've left too many clues, or not enough.

CJ :)

Hey CJ,

I really like the turn of this chapter, but that worries me about it is that now Trev will be devistated when B&G's minions kill Shane. Damn dude!!!!! :ph34r::devil::thumbdown:

Jim

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Trevor has found the Aires already but doesn't realize it yet. Ned did work on the Kookaburra it would be easy to see that Rachel wanted to disguise the Aries and has Ned turn it into a 57.

As tempting as the idea may be, what about the subtle differences in the design of the 55 and the 57? Do you really think Rachel would have gone to the trouble of changing the basic shape of the Aries, rebuilding the gallery and replacing all the glass, rebuilding the prow and so on? I think not. She could have probably bought a new boat for less money.

Great chapter, CJ. Love finally wins out. :wub:

As tempting as the idea may be, what about the subtle differences in the design of the 55 and the 57? Do you really think Rachel would have gone to the trouble of changing the basic shape of the Aries, rebuilding the gallery and replacing all the glass, rebuilding the prow and so on? I think not. She could have probably bought a new boat for less money.

B).......... The question is would Trevor have noticed the differences, Shane has already told Trevor that he is incredible as a captain and noting such things. But the 57?

'The Lagoon 57 was a very similar and slightly newer design than the Lagoon 55. Later models of the 57 were designated the 570 and had vertical instead of steeply sloped-back windows at the forward end of the salon, but the 57s were nearly identical to the Lagoon 55 in every regard, except for the slight difference in length and bow shape, which was almost impossible to notice unless the two models were moored side by side.'- from Chapter 39

So what if Rachel made up that slight difference? Nope, I am leaning towards a remake of the 55 into the 57, based on the fact that Rachel wanted anonymity and the reason to order a new plaque where one did not need to be made for sake of a name change of the boat. :D

Ultimate Designs is up.

I hope this one comes across okay. I always worry whether I've left too many clues, or not enough.CJ :)

No hay problema, CJ. Capítulo 81 es fantástico.

YES!

I was positive that Shane was bi. This is such a perfect segue into the rest of the circumnavigation and the various adventures that the two guys will have.

Bravo! You've made me a very happy reader.

Colin B)

Great chapter CJ The boys get together FINALLY!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hmmm... Shelly and her Key Lime Pies again?? I wonder why Trevor likes that name so much?? :wacko:

Looking forwards to more... more more :D

B)................. Trevor has remembrance to his mothers making those pies, could be the goat is bringing a clue back in here. Just saying! 0:) Could the Fowlers and Blakes be freinds? Could have Blake's given the recipe to the Fowlers? Too many unanswered questions here! 0:) Does seem odd that twice the pies came in to question and being a remembrance to Trevor here. Makes you wonder if this is a reaching out moment without the revelation moment!

Edited by Benji

So what if Rachel made up that slight difference? Nope, I am leaning towards a remake of the 55 into the 57, based on the fact that Rachel wanted anonymity and the reason to order a new plaque where one did not need to be made for sake of a name change of the boat. :D

Have I missed something? Why are some readers so sure the Ares and the Atlantis are the same boat? Or, are we thinking the Kookaburra is the Ares remodeled? The Carlsons bought both Ares and Atlantis from Bridget Arnold Bellvue. Both boats are currently in Australia. Need it be more complicated?

I was having a really crappy day today. Thanks for making it a bit brighter! Cheers!

Runestone

Thanks!!!!

I hope you're having a better day today, too. :)

Here is the chapter everyone has been waiting for. Don't skim through it; read every word. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks!

I think Trevor would have exploded, had something like this not occurred. :)

Brilliantly done! Realistic to the storyline, well written, hot and like Christmas almost in July! Thanks for taking the story in this direction, patiently developing the characters, and again, writing a very erotic and hot scene!

Thanks! Those kind of scenes make me a bit nervous; I don't write them very often, and they are generally very hard to write, for me anyway.

Hey CJ,

I really like the turn of this chapter, but that worries me about it is that now Trev will be devistated when B&G's minions kill Shane. Damn dude!!!!! :ph34r::devil::thumbdown:

Jim

Well, that is a worry; due to Trevor's hair now being dyed brown, Shane fits Trevor's description better than Trevor does.

B)................. Trevor has remembrance to his mothers making those pies, could be the goat is bringing a clue back in here. Just saying! 0:) Could the Fowlers and Blakes be freinds? Could have Blake's given the recipe to the Fowlers? Too many unanswered questions here! 0:) Does seem odd that twice the pies came in to question and being a remembrance to Trevor here. Makes you wonder if this is a reaching out moment without the revelation moment!

Fowler and Blake know each other well; they've been friends since school, at least according to Martin Blake (the scene where he met Trevor). :)

Well, finally!! How sweet you made this chapter. I hope it works out; I like the two guys.

Daffy 106

Thanks! I tried hard on this chapter, to get the mood and reactions right.

I wonder if Trevor will be able to stop walking into solid objects now? :)

I can comment on the tech side; if the theory (Kookaburra being a 55) is correct, the glass would be identical. The Lagoon 57 was pretty much identical to the 55, except for the bows and accompanying changes, such as reducing the size of the foresail slightly to avoid handling changes. The lagoon 57's had the same sloping forward windows as the 55s. After a run of about 16 57s, they changed again, calling it the 570, which is significantly different; it has the vertical forward windows. They did that to increase the salon size a bit, and also to reduce heating from the sun, but it has a downside; a 570 would never have survived taking heavy seas head on like Atlantis had to in the southern ocean. Like many design compromises, this one has good effects and bad ones. My personal opinion is that I prefer the 57 to the 570, because I don't like design compromises that reduce seaworthiness.

Thanks everyone!

I've been hoping this chapter would come across okay. :)

"Fowler and Blake know each other well; they've been friends since school, at least according to Martin Blake (the scene where he met Trevor)." :)

:music:... That makes sense that Rachel passed on the pie recipe to Mrs. Fowler and probably asked that it be sent to Trevor, definitely keeping secrets until the date of December 17 in mind, I doubt she remarried waiting for the statues to expire.

"I can comment on the tech side; if the theory (Kookaburra being a 55) is correct, the glass would be identical. The Lagoon 57 was pretty much identical to the 55, except for the bows and accompanying changes, such as reducing the size of the foresail slightly to avoid handling changes. The lagoon 57's had the same sloping forward windows as the 55s. After a run of about 16 57s, they changed again, calling it the 570, which is significantly different; it has the vertical forward windows. They did that to increase the salon size a bit, and also to reduce heating from the sun, but it has a downside; a 570 would never have survived taking heavy seas head on like Atlantis had to in the southern ocean. Like many design compromises, this one has good effects and bad ones. My personal opinion is that I prefer the 57 to the 570, because I don't like design compromises that reduce seaworthiness."

That is the basis of the theory here, if Rachel changed out the Aries for the Atlantis then Trevor's boat contains Arnold's' cache, soon to be discovered by Ned. If she did not swap boats then she found the incriminating evidence herself and fled for her life and that of her families. And tried to hide the Aries from discovery by changing her description. I believe Trevor is on the Aries, but if not, then Rachel has transformed the Atlantis.

Edited by Benji

Thanks!!!!

I hope you're having a better day today, too. :)

Thanks!

I think Trevor would have exploded, had something like this not occurred. :)

Thanks! Those kind of scenes make me a bit nervous; I don't write them very often, and they are generally very hard to write, for me anyway.

Well, that is a worry; due to Trevor's hair now being dyed brown, Shane fits Trevor's description better than Trevor does.

Fowler and Blake know each other well; they've been friends since school, at least according to Martin Blake (the scene where he met Trevor). :)

Thanks! I tried hard on this chapter, to get the mood and reactions right.

I wonder if Trevor will be able to stop walking into solid objects now? :)

I can comment on the tech side; if the theory (Kookaburra being a 55) is correct, the glass would be identical. The Lagoon 57 was pretty much identical to the 55, except for the bows and accompanying changes, such as reducing the size of the foresail slightly to avoid handling changes. The lagoon 57's had the same sloping forward windows as the 55s. After a run of about 16 57s, they changed again, calling it the 570, which is significantly different; it has the vertical forward windows. They did that to increase the salon size a bit, and also to reduce heating from the sun, but it has a downside; a 570 would never have survived taking heavy seas head on like Atlantis had to in the southern ocean. Like many design compromises, this one has good effects and bad ones. My personal opinion is that I prefer the 57 to the 570, because I don't like design compromises that reduce seaworthiness.

Thanks everyone!

I've been hoping this chapter would come across okay. :)

BTW, I noticed you did not comment on most of my comments!! :lol:

I hate to sound like Cassandra, but while everybody is jumping up and down with glee, you are forgetting real life. I do not think you are considering the following:

How will these good citizens in Carnarvon react when they figure out the new relationship?

The Blake’s

Ned

Officer Fowler and his partner. Don’t forget their wives.

The citizens who already hate Shane.

The reporter who could spread the news worldwide.

Something to think about before Chapter 82 surfaces.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..