Hey Guys,

I have a hair appointment this Friday with a new salon and a new stylist. The problem is that I've been going to his one place with the same stylist for the past five years!

My old stylist moved to a new location that is too far away.

I am very nervous to say the least because I'm very particular with my hair even though I wear it buzzed most of the time.

I wanted to get everyone's opinion what I should do to it. It's at a medium length and its pretty straight.

How should I get it cut?

And style?

If you guys can post up pictures of style trends, that would be most welcome too.

I'm tired of the old boring buzzed cut. I hope I don't sound like a drama queen, I'm not usually this dramatic.

Thank ya'll,

Jamie

• Like 2

Well, I keep my hair pretty short in the summer. I usually get a fade, which is sorta like a variation of the buzz cut. Its very common among guys I know.

Posted Image

Personally I'd keep it relatively short, especially since your down South. I like the fade a lot and find it very stylish. And you can get a fade in a variety of different lengths depending on what you like.

• Site Administrator

That's how my 4 year old son wears his hair too, unless he wants it buzzed completely off. It depends on how much he feels like spiking his hair. He's had it almost completely gone to 3 inch spikes when it was done up. I tend to like the fade look on guys with short spikes or waves. Either way good luck. Being a woman and not having cut my hair for 2 years I'm not exactly the advice source you are looking for I think :P

I like this guys hair. Not sure if that's what they call a "half-burr" or not but it looks nice. Sort of buzzed without being totally buzzed off.

Dude Trev, that's pretty sweet! I have to see about that!

Its still buzzed (something I'm conforable with) but a little updated.

Thanks man!

• Like 1

Well, I keep my hair pretty short in the summer. I usually get a fade, which is sorta like a variation of the buzz cut. Its very common among guys I know.

Personally I'd keep it relatively short, especially since your down South. I like the fade a lot and find it very stylish. And you can get a fade in a variety of different lengths depending on what you like.

Thanks, I'll ask about it.

I think its a cool idea, simple but classic :D

• Like 1

I have a professional hair clipper thing...the kind that you see in barber shops. I'm currently using it for buzz cuts but I'm trying to figure out how to do the 3-2-1 fade with it. (3 on top, 2 on the sides, and 1 to blend it out)

Where exactly do I switch guards? I mean how far up do I go with the #2 and how much of the #2 length should I cut to #1?

On the cooler months i usually go for the Caesar style...style-able hair up top for gel or whatever, and #2 on the sides. Like the 3-2-1 but longer.

Edited by thephoenix

I have a professional hair clipper thing...the kind that you see in barber shops. I'm currently using it for buzz cuts but I'm trying to figure out how to do the 3-2-1 fade with it. (3 on top, 2 on the sides, and 1 to blend it out)

Where exactly do I switch guards and how far up the side do I go?

Exactly why I pay someone to cut my hair for me. :P

I love the longer buzz cut on others including my hubby but not on me. My hair is curly and a little shaggy. I usually only cut it when it can tuck and curl behind my ears :P But I would never try to cut mine myself. The feel of fresh buzzed hair on your fingertips......drooling!!!

Hey Guys,

I have a hair appointment this Friday with a new salon and a new stylist. The problem is that I've been going to his one place with the same stylist for the past five years!

My old stylist moved to a new location that is too far away.

I am very nervous to say the least because I'm very particular with my hair even though I wear it buzzed most of the time.

I wanted to get everyone's opinion what I should do to it. It's at a medium length and its pretty straight.

How should I get it cut?

And style?

If you guys can post up pictures of style trends, that would be most welcome too.

I'm tired of the old boring buzzed cut. I hope I don't sound like a drama queen, I'm not usually this dramatic.

Thank ya'll,

Jamie

New stylist, new salon, time for a new look.

I like Trevor's suggestion, unless you're game for a mohawk.