Official Summer 2012 Southern California GA GetTogether

2012 SoCal Get Together  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you seriously think you could make it to a GA SoCal Get Together?

• Most Likely
    • Maybe, depends on the time
    • I am definite, but only if it is on this weekend....
  2. 2. What weekend works best for you?

• June 29th - July 1st
    • July 6th - July 8th
    • July 13th - July 15th
    • July 20th - July 22nd
    • July 22nd - July 29th
    • Aug 3rd - Aug 5th
    • Aug 10th - Aug 12th
    • Aug 17th - Aug 19th
    • Aug 24th - Aug 26th
    • Aug 31st - Sept 2nd
    • Any weekend works for me
    • Weekend doesn't really work, how about...(see below)

• Site Administrator

So to see if anyone is actually serious about this, here is a list of possible weekends:

June 29-July 1 (Finishing up on Canada Day which I'm sure is a huge celebration down in the U S of A)

July 6 - July 9

July 13 - July 16

July 20 - July 23

July 27 - July 30 (Will be another long weekend for Canadians, I think Americans too)

Aug 3 - Aug 6

Aug 10 - Aug 13

Aug 17 - Aug 20

Aug 24 - Aug 27

Aug 31 - Sept 3 (Labour Day and no wearing white after Labour Day)

I picked four day weekends, but I can feasibly seeing myself making a week to 10 days out of it. Who knows, might make some day trips or such to Vegas, SF and San Diego. Even if it was for two days, make a pick.

So what weekend works for you all?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the East Coast gang has a good thing going with setting dates and voting. We need to get a move on for this thing or all will be lost.

My last day of school is June 21st, so anytime after that would be ideal for me. May and June are chaotic what with state and AP exams and then finals. There's a big science thing I'm doing one of those first weekends in June, so... yeah.

I think the East Coast gang has a good thing going with setting dates and voting. We need to get a move on for this thing or all will be lost.

My last day of school is June 21st, so anytime after that would be ideal for me. May and June are chaotic what with state and AP exams and then finals. There's a big science thing I'm doing one of those first weekends in June, so... yeah.

Ditto, except for the AP exams :P

While it might seem biased to suggest Long Beach, since I live in Signal Hill (surrounded by Long Beach), I think the hotel situation might be more affordable and available than Santa Monica (a resort city) in the summertime. Close to where I live there are 4 hotel/motels (Long Beach Airport Marriott, Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport, Extended Stay America, and Courtyard by Marriott). There is also another Marriott near downtown Long Beach, as well as the larger more expensive chains, Hyatt, Sheraton, Hilton, and Renaissance, as well as a smattering of older, smaller motels near the beaches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting... though if I go to LA I'd probably just gorge myself to death with food.... Asian food. RAMEN! All sorts of ramen! I'm not talking about that dried in Wal mart store crap kind... REAL ramen. Where they make the noodles fresh... or at least the broth fresh (and cooking for 48 hours mmmm)....Pho! Beef please! And dim sum... loads and loads of dim sum. Korean BBQ! Oh god how I want nice K-BBQ! The south and mountain west (where I lived previously) has no good Asian resturants and the only Chinese places are Americanized with nasty stuff.

Interesting... though if I go to LA I'd probably just gorge myself to death with food.... Asian food. RAMEN! All sorts of ramen! I'm not talking about that dried in Wal mart store crap kind... REAL ramen. Where they make the noodles fresh... or at least the broth fresh (and cooking for 48 hours mmmm)....Pho! Beef please! And dim sum... loads and loads of dim sum. Korean BBQ! Oh god how I want nice K-BBQ! The south and mountain west (where I lived previously) has no good Asian resturants and the only Chinese places are Americanized with nasty stuff.

Yup. I never even knew real ramen existed until I moved to LA :P
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

I don't know what works for everyone else or if this is still a go Posted Image For the heck of it, lets put in a poll to see if you are going or not...

Click on this link to take you back to the top of the topic to vote.

Your vote will be public, so people will see your choices. Also the first question, only one answer, the second, you can have multiple answers.

Edited by wildone

Okay, I voted. Pretty much any date in July works for me. My sister arrives in early August and then I'm leaving town, so the rest of the summer is a lost cause.

BTW, ComicCon is the weekend of July 12-15th. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Early August is looking pretty strong right now. I won't have any PTO until late July so if it's before that, I'll only be able to make it on Friday night-Sunday morning due to the drive.

• 5 weeks later...

I suppose it's cuz on the west coast we're too flaky to ever decide anything. Posted Image

Like, we should like, totally get together, like sometime! *flips hair and pops bubble gum*

Edited by KingdombytheSea
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Well, I'm officially out. Could maybe do a 3 day weekend, yet a 4 hour flight each way is exhausting :P

I'll keep an eye on things. If nothing happens I may just show up at your door some day Joe Posted Image

P.S. I agree, who started this idea 0:)

Posted Image ..........Hell, I cannot even make it to my 40th reunion coming up Friday! (illness in the family and funds) Even though I have been sent a whole lot of e-mails requesting my presence. San Diego is not that far either, but like I said, I gave it a lot of thought, but decided nope! Edited by Benji