Favorite Season?

I like the fall best. I like the summertime (I am all for hot weather and skimpy clothing) but I love the changing colors of the fall, the cooler nights and the way the air starts to smell. I like the way the wind starts to pick up more and I love Halloween. It's an interesting time of year, where everything starts to shift and slow down, wind down, and it caries that sense of anticipation with it. The only thing I don't like about the fall is the unfortunate fact that it precedes the winter.

• Like 1

Summer, and Winter. Spring and Fall suck imo.

Summer you have beachgoing, outdoor parties, Skateboarding, hanging out outside at all hours of the night. You can walk around and hang out in parks and talk with friends and things under the starlight. So nice!

Fall is stupid lol. It's annoyingly cold (here anyways). Too cold to go with just a sweater/tshirt, too hot to bring out the winter gear yet. So I find myself constantly either too hot or too cold. Tons of rain, super windy, on and off snow. You really can't do anything during fall.

Winter is nice too. Snowboarding/sledding/skiing! It's actually a decent level of cold, so it's easy to dress properly and be satisfied. You have the holidays, lots of getting together with friends and fam. Lots to do during the winter.

Then we have Spring, the second useless season. It rains all the time, everything is melting (the snow/ice) so you cant do any winter sports anymore really. The weather is the uncomfortable level between cold and hot again (as seen during fall). Everything smells super gross from all the rotting plant matter being uncovered that was left behind during fall (along with the frozen dog poop from winter people left around). Everything is sandy, and salty, and gross. Spring sucks.

I personally prefer either spring or fall. Where I'm at, summer is usually too hot/sticky and winter is snowy and cold or (on occasion) VERY snowy and cold. I think I have a preference towards fall, as I was born in the fall. I always joke that I'll see snow on the ground before my birthday rolls around every year.

Here in the tropics we have basically two seasons: The Wet, and The Dry. Some would add a third : The Build-up - but that's really the wet without rain (which sort-of makes it dry, but it isn't!!!) To me whereas one is good the other is better.

I have done Winnipeg - the cold is clear and sunny - but it's bloody cold.

I have done Toronto & Washington DC - wet, miserable cold, snow is a blessed relief - summer is miserably humid.

I have done Victoria BC - gray loooooong winters.

Melbourne's pretty good all round - some cold days in winter, some hot days in summer, autumn and spring completely unpredictable!!

but the tropics - sheer heaven!!

Edited by Canuk