Favorite Season?

Now that summer is coming to an end where I live, I just had to ask: What is everyone's favorite time of year, and why?

My favorite time of the year is right now- from like mid-july until halloween when it starts to get really cold.

This is actually the time of year I dislike the most because it is usually the most hot and humid. Heat and humidity combined = stickiness.

I actually prefer winter. When it's cold, you can layer up as much as you like until you get to your desired body temperature and sip your piping hot coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. In the summer, after you get down to a t-shirt and shorts, there's not much you can do to cool off in public other than just drinking a lot of water.

That plus I like to ski and snowboard. Can't do that in the summer unless you go really far up north.

That's a hard one because I like summer because I like to warm. I really really really hate to be cold :angry:

But my favorite would have to be fall. I love the colors, the cool crisp breeze, the smells, it is amazing living here in the mountains at that time of year. :great:

Definitely fall. Here in New England, all the trees turn beautiful shades of bright colors, and the whole area looks like a scene out of a painting. Also, the weather is nice and cool, but not freezing, and the fall breezes are crisp and refreshing. Honestly, there is no place in the world more beautiful in the fall then northern New England.

Because you've been to all corners of the world to know.

Show me a place that is, because I haven't seen it.

Oh, come on Tet - I thought you knew better than to feed the troll. :P

Martin

Oh, and my favourite season is probably Autumn because it's the one I can justify avoiding my family in.

Oh, come on Tet - I thought you knew better than to feed the troll. :P

Martin

Very witty

But lemme ask you something, what would you classify yourself? What's the word for a person who thinks he just made a funny by inserting himself into a conversation not meant for him especially when said person has been asked repeatedly in the past to strictly refrain from making any sort of comment to or about, in this case, me?

Should I buy a stronger mosquito spray?

Show me a place that is, because I haven't seen it.

I think any attempt would be futile cuz your mind's already set :)

Edited by Yang Bang

I also dislike this time of the year. It's too hot.

Autumn is my favorite season, though, where I live, you barely get Summer and Winter.

Winter is my second favorite, because even though I don't get snow here, I get plenty of rain and coldness.

And whilst the coldness sometimes becomes too much, I can never get enough of the rain :D

Very witty

But lemme ask you something, what would you classify yourself? What's the word for a person who thinks he just made a funny by inserting himself into a conversation not meant for him especially when said person has been asked repeatedly in the past to strictly refrain from making any sort of comment to or about, in this case, me?

Should I buy a stronger mosquito spray?

Sorry dude, but this is Teh Interwebz. Public conversation happens.

Besides, if I am reading that 2nd sentence correctly you seem to be under the impression you can declare who is and is not allowed to discuss your comments. If you only want a single person to see a message, send them a PM. Public forums are for public discussion.

Martin

Edit due to forgetfulness:

I also dislike this time of the year. It's too hot.

I can fully agree. I currently live somewhere much warmer than I'm used to and...yeah...I'm melting. :P

• Site Administrator

Keep it on topic.

I'm personally a fan of Autumn I'm hypersensitive to the sun and wearing long sleeve shirts and still getting burns all summer is annoying. Hence why I live in the Pac NW where it is gray, cloudy, and rainy 9 months out of the year... and I like it!

• Like 1

Sorry dude, but this is Teh Interwebz. Public conversation happens.

Besides, if I am reading that 2nd sentence correctly you seem to be under the impression you can declare who is and is not allowed to discuss your comments. If you only want a single person to see a message, send them a PM. Public forums are for public discussion.

Dunno why you'd be interested.

Actually, I do know ;)

Edited by Yang Bang

Spring

After a long, snowy winter, nothing beats when the trees have leaves.

This last year I saw it happen in a day. Looking out at the trees on the other side of the Mississippi River from my house, I saw them go from brown to green in one day.

I'd experienced that rebirth before but it always is moving.

Here is the Mississippi River in front of my house on a different spring day. This was part of a magnificent double rainbow that stretched from horizon to horizon. I knew I couldn't capture the whole thing but I could get this part. I know where the Pot of Gold is hidden!

The link is to a hi-res version of the same picture. It makes a great desktop background and is cropped to 4:3.

Rainbow River

Posted Image