Mafia: The Forum Game

Okay seriously? Adam votes for himself then unvotes for himself and from THAT Folks conclude he's Mafia? Posted Image Not buying it just yet, sorry.

Actually, your actions seem very fishy as well.. are you [protecting] Adam? He was a bit erratic, voting for himself and then un-voting shortly after.. that's a bit weird, trying to throw a curve ball.. and you both voted together..

Did Krista make the suggestion to take the attention off herself... ie she is Mafia and wants to try to convince us that she isn't ? OR

DId Adam vote for her because he is Mafia and he doesn't want people to talk about it?

OR are they both Mafia and jointly trying to set up a smokescreen.

I merely voted for Krista because she voted for me Quonus, who had voted for me (I was returning the hostility that she showed me for speaking up first in the very beginning). Krista Quonus, and a couple others assumed right off the bat that I was mafia just because I cast the first vote (If I hadn't, would you have voted for the person that did, or would you have sat there twiddling your thumbs waiting for someone else to be the first?). It was a case of everyone jumping on a bandwagon because our lives are at stake here.

I voted for myself to try and foster conversation. I simply missed Krista's post about talking about trying to talk it out. I highly suggest that when a vote is cast the person who casts it must offer some form of explanation to go along with it. Why are you voting that way? Are you just randomly assuming things about who is (or isn't) mafia?

We have one already dead, suspicion falling everywhere. We all suspect each other and everyone is afraid to say anything through fear. We need to break through the fear, guys and start talking to each other before it's too late. Who knows when the murderer, whoever it is, might strike again? This town is my home. I have known you all since you were children and watched you enter and leave the world. This heinous crime must be avenged and the air of suspicion lifted. Communication is the key people. Perhaps we should start by looking at where everyone was last night?

Again, Nephylim raises a good point. We all used to be friends once upon a time and now we are suspicious of each other. If we don't talk this out we will all be dead and the mafia will have won. Do we really want that? Do we really want to leave the rest of the town to suffer the same fate? Voting for myself helped us to start to move forward, even if it was a bit suicidal. I was trying to get you guys (and gals) to gather so that we could return a bit of civility and logic to our everyday lives. By walking out into the street this morning and voting for myself I was trying to get everyone to THINK about their votes and why you are being so reckless with the lives of others. If we don't think about it, and voice our thoughts, we are no better off than the mafia would have us be anyway.

Please, answer my questions. Let's start to talk about this and move forward.

(ok, ok. I corrected my mistakes Krista. I really need to start rereading everything before I post because this forum is very confusing.)

Edited by Adam Thomas

I get where Adam is coming from. This is my first time playing this game, so I may be wrong, but I thought it would involve a lot more discussion before voting than it does right now.

Therefore I unvote: Adam Thomas and will make another decision after hearing other people's thoughts. Though I must say that at the moment my suspicion is falling onto those who are not saying anything, but merely lurking (even though I have seen them online on GA).

Adam, I didn't vote for you first round, I voted for Quonus10. You voted for me the second round before I had even voted... are you making me a target? :( And I voted for you, like I said, your actions are suspicious, the most suspicious yet... since there are so many not talking, should we assume some of them are Mafia?... Probably... I just hope that all this doesn't give the Mafia time to kill someone else... :(

Actually, your actions seem very fishy as well.. are you [protecting] Adam? He was a bit erratic, voting for himself and then un-voting shortly after.. that's a bit weird, trying to throw a curve ball.. and you both voted together..

My actions seem fishy? Let me see, for no reason you voted for me, so I returned the favor, stating I was voting for you because you voted for me. Hmm, sounds more like you're trying to deflect attention from your own actions. Posted Image

Next as for my statement about Adam, it was, is, a valid point for everyone to consider. He does something weird - i.e. voting for himself - and from that folks decided he was the mafia? Please, IF he was, he wouldn't encourage others to vote for him because then he'd be gone. IF he was mafia, he would know the other Mafia members and he could NOT be killed at night so encouraging folks to vote him off is counter to all wisdom. In fact, it would certainly raise the ire of those who were Mafia because the last thing they would want to do is lose a member. Now, my comments were intended for the townies to think this through.

Your attempts to cast aspersions on myself or Adam, seems highly suspicious as you are trying to suggest that we, or me at least, are/is mafia - all because we voted for you. Thus far you've suggested those who don't speak are mafia and adam is mafia and I am mafia, hmm,

Playing devils advocate - your attempts to highlight suspicious behavior is what townies are supposed to do - i.e. we're supposed to talk amongst ourselves to 'ferret' out the bad guys/gals. And my calling you out, could be also be seem as suspicious, just as your calling me out is suspicious.

So based on that what should we conclude? My conclusion is there are not enough conversations going on for anyone to draw any meaningful conclusions and we're all just shooting blindly from the hip because there hasn't been enough chatter from which to determine who's whacking people in the town.

• Like 1

Spoken like a true lawyer.

Unfortunately, with so few people actually talking, how on earth are we supposed to be able to work out who's killing us? It makes sense that the bad guys are keeping quiet, but then so are the rest of the townsfolk. I'm beginning to think that shooting from the hip is the only way that things are going to be resolved.

People are scared, and rightly so. We have no idea who is going to be next and we're all scared. It's human nature to point the finger somewhere and if they are blind they are going to point blindly.

Frankly, everyone's a witch in a witch hunt.

Oops sorry Jon, didn't see your post slipped in after Q

If I was a really really clever mafioso, I'd stay quiet about the fact that I mentioned that ya clever one would move the heat elsewhere. So my vote will remain where it is. Have to say the first one dead was my choice for the mafia. Obviously not. lol.

Sorry I haven't been very active as I have been busy with the holidays. In any event I have read up on everything that has been going on. I have to say that I think Krista is not mafia and I also agree that Adam's activities seems suspicious. Therefore; I would like to

VOTE Adam Thomas

Day 2 - Arguments

The town was more active, trying to figure out who among them was evil. Unfortunately, even with all the discussion, they didn't seem to accomplish much. They almost lynched someone, but it's tough to say whether it would of been for the better or worse.

Players:

1. Nephylim

2. LannisterEX

3. Adam Thomas

4. EmDee

5. Houdinii - Town - Roleblocker - Killed Night 1

6. Merlin

7. Kiltie69

8. Johnathan Colourfield

9. Krista

10. KriZstan

11. Cemel_Dosce

12. Quonus10

It is now Night. Night will last approximately 48 hours, please send in your Action as quickly as possible.

Night 2 - Police Brutality

The snow fell in the Night sky and made everyone react a little slower. Some stayed snug in bed, trying to combat the cold that was outside. Others ventured outside, intentions unknown. One such adventurer needlessly kept watch over another's house. Another looked for footprints that would never show up. Lastly, the hooded figure snuck up behind the cop (Cemel_Dosce) and brutally slit their throat. With a chuckle they slipped back into their home, undetected.

Once again, the town gathers outside to discuss the ongoing situation.

Players:

1. Nephylim

2. LannisterEX

3. Adam Thomas

4. EmDee

5. Houdinii - Town - Roleblocker - Killed Night 1

6. Merlin

7. Kiltie69

8. Johnathan Colourfield

9. Krista

10. KriZstan

11. Cemel_Dosce - Town - Cop - Killed Night 2

12. Quonus10

It is now Day and with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. I apologize for the super-long Night, it won't happen again. Day will last approximately 96 hours.

That was unexpected. If the demons can take our police down, what chance do the rest of us have? We have to band together if we're going to have a chance.

We should have a town meeting and thrash this thing out before it thrashes us.