Mafia: The Forum Game

Wow didn't see that coming. The mafia is starting to close in, yet we still have no clue as to who they are. Right now I'm a bit suspicious regarding Merlin's vote for Johnathan. What prompted this vote? Does Merlin suspect him? Or is this just Merlin's ploy to lynch more innocent townies?

What do you guys think?

What did I do? I'm just trying to get everyone to start talking.

I think we all need to agree on a person and see what happens from there.

Who is most likely to be against us. There's only four town people left (if this is a balanced game - if not you evil moderator!) and we don't want the Mafia to win.

Who can we put the suspicion on?

Well the quiet ones could not be paying attention to the game? I'm hoping they start before the Mafia becomes unstoppable. Who can we place suspicion on though? Pretty much everyone of us that isn't dead... we are that broad in our discussions... Do we lynch someone? I don't think that will get us anywhere either.. unless we luck on a Mafia member.. but there is a greater chance we'll just lynch another town person.. and we're down more members. So I don't know.. :( It is too up in the air..

If I had to choose, the quiet ones are bothering me more than anything at the moment.

Well, given that we've said more than once that the quiet ones are most likely to be Mafia, it's surprising that they still haven't spoken up. I'm wondering, if they're not paying attention to the game, they're worth having around anyway. Maybe we should start off lynching them and once we've done one the rest might sit up and take notice. We;ve got to do SOMETHING. We have to start SOMEWHERE with SOMEONE. Pick a lurker and see what they come up with when the pressure is on.

Hmmm... on the other hand... having thought on the list, the ones who died have both been villagers and neither of them were particularly active in discussions. Given, there weren't many discussions there at the time.

And Quonus has gone very quiet, after popping in to play Devil's advocate now and again. The think about the Devil's advocate is that he works for the devil.

I think, on balance I am going to dive in and vote for Quonus on the basis that he's done nothing but muddy the water.

Yes Quonus has has gone quiet because he's got a new born.

I vote Nephylim because I know I'm not Mafia and yet she's singling me out on the silly basis that I was quiet for a couple days. What better way to get rid of another townie than for a Mafia person - Nephylim - to suggest my being busy means I'm really Mafia.

Also, she is always pointing out different people. It seems to me that her attempts to "help" are attempts to divert attention from herself. Of the group, I think she is one of the more experienced with these type of games - and would be a good choice to be a Mafia member because she'd get how to play.

One thing to note, and watch for - how and why do people vote and who gets whacked at night.

My votes thus far were not serious. The first one was because Adam picked a name and voted, so I voted for him - no one had anything to go on. The second was Krista simply because she voted for me, I wanted her to see how it felt. But neither of the people killed had votes nor were they 'suggested' to be Mafia members. Why not? My take is this. Mafia will suggest people who are Townie are really Mafia, that way IF the townies buy into it, they'll kill one of their own. If not so be it, they'll still kill a townie that 'night' and they've still got suspicion out there.

The Mafia has killed the quiet because they are not voting. They planted the seeds of doubt about folks, but not enough people voted. If they get rid of the non-voting people, that means fewer are needed to lynch someone.

Right now I'm convince Krista is NOT Mafia on the basis of her votes and her comments. That mean by my count she and I are not Mafia. I don't think Adam is either, but am not yet convinced. I'm still not sure about anyone else being a townie. I think Nephylim IS Mafia given how she goes around naming townies and casting aspersions on them, exactly how a Mafia would be.

Now she'll likely come back and say I'm doing it too. Perhaps. but I have given my reasons and I didn't 'dive in' and suggest someone else was Mafia on the basis of their having gone quiet after being active for at first. As I've said, I have been busy with the baby, something you all know I have.

One last point - having read Nephylim's stories, you'd have to admit this is classic her - show you the left hand to distract you then punch you will the right. Like I said, I know I'm not Mafia,, lynch me and you gonna kill another townie and then the Mafia will kill a fourth tonight.

Two more things.

I don't think the Mafia are only the quiet ones - yeah I'm pretty vocal and yet I claim not to be Mafia. Here was my thinking last 'night': I was looking to see who was being targeted, me, Krista and Adam, then I looked at who got killed. The Mafia wouldn't whack someone others where saying were Mafia because the hope is the townies will Lynch them themselves, saving the Mafia the need.

Then there are those - Kiltie and Nephylim - who kept suggesting the quiet ones were the Mafia. Like I said before, that's what they want us to do, kill the townies so they can kill another at night making it two dead in one day. So far that hasn't happened.

Kiltie's 'mistake' of voting for Cemel by 'accident' not realizing it was night and he couldn't vote makes me suspicious. At night the Mafia need to vote to whack someone. I think this is one of the those 'email' mistakes. You know where you plan to bitch about your boss being a douche but instead of sending it to your friend you email it to the whole company? Given how fast the vote went out - almost immediately after it was night - I think that was him telling his fellow mafia members that was his vote.

On the basis of that, and upon review of the email exchange, I'm Changing my vote:

Unvote: Nephylim - though I still suspect her, I'm just not as sure of her as I am of Kiltie

Vote: Kiltie

I agree with Quonus10, I don't think he is Mafia nor do I think Nephylim is mafia, based on what she has said... but there are a few, like Kiltie and Adam that I am not sure about... the Kiltie vote did seem suspicious.

So my vote is for Kiltie, because I believe he is Mafia.

Now, now, Q. We have to base our vote on SOMETHING and at least I got people talking :P

I've actually never played this game or anything like it but I figure that, unless we all want to keep on just randomly picking names out of a hat there is supposed to be some kind of dialogue otherwise it's just boring.

Now come on you lot we need discussion and lively debate. Think on this. If we don't lynch anyone the Mafia will just need to sit back and pick us off one by one... easy win. If I were Mafia, of course I would be more than happy to sit back and let the townies' inaction wipe them out., but as I am not Mafia it is breaking my heart to see those I have nurtured and taken care of all their lives, being picked off one by one.

Maybe we should take a look at the list of roles and see if anyone fits the bill. Perhaps we can start working out who is who from that.

I hate the group mentality but I firmly believe that we need to start doing SOMETHING so I change my vote to

Kiltie

JJ, you need to put your vote in blue

Since there is a better than average chance I'll be whacked tonight by the surviving Mafia, I'll post my thoughts now before night falls. Either way my days are numbered so I wish you fellow townies good luck. If I'm right and Kiltie is Mafia, I suspect I'm dead tonight. If I'm wrong, you'll will wrongly lynch me believing I am mafia.

As I've said all along I'm not Mafia, a fact that will become clear when I am dead. Thus I leave you my thoughts since I expect to be dead soon.

1) I came up with my vote for Kiltie as stated above. Anyone he voted for prior to his lynching - assuming we're all right and he is Mafia - is NOT Mafia, he wouldn't vote for his own, not early in the game. If he's a townie, then I'm completely wrong and as Jonathan suggested, I'm lynched next round.

2) I still suspect Nephy well just because she'd be the perfect Mafia. IF Kiltie is Mafia, then her vote didn't matter. JC's vote was #6 and Kiltie was already Lynched. Her vote would not change that. By voting for Kiltie after the deciding vote was cast - she didn't kill a fellow Mafia - he was dead already and she deflects suspicion. If Kiltie is NOT Mafia, same thing. her vote doesn't matter and it makes her look like a townie. Remember this point when I'm dead - because she it was who tried to cast suspicion on me. And since I'm not Mafia and her actions, I suspect her most

3) I've reviewed all the votes and aside from JC switching from Kiltie to Adam twice then from me to Kiltie, what sticks out is that Kiltie has consistently voted for Merlin. IF Kiltie is Mafia, then Merlin is not. IF Kiltie is NOT Mafia, I don't know what to make of it.

4) I was about to give my assessment and why of who I am quite certain is not Mafia, but that paints a bullseye on their back so I'll refrain. BUT once I'm dead - look at the votes - see who voted with me early on - Not Mafia - see who voted against me early on - Mafia. [by voting for or against me I mean who voted for the people I voted for not who voted for me to be lynched.]

Okay, that's it. Good luck my fellow townie in case I don't make it.

Andy

Kiltie69 is lynched. It is now Twilight, meaning that you can continue to post until I put up the Night message.

Also, it makes counting votes really difficult when it's not colored and/or separated from the paragraph. Please follow this format, with the vote on it's own line, bold and color:

Vote: Username

Thank-you. It makes it much, much easier to track.

Kiltie69 is lynched. It is now Twilight, meaning that you can continue to post until I put up the Night message.

Also, it makes counting votes really difficult when it's not colored and/or separated from the paragraph. Please follow this format, with the vote on it's own line, bold and color:

Vote: Username

Thank-you. It makes it much, much easier to track.

Does it have to be yellow? Cuz that for me is horribly difficult to read ^_^ can it be blue again? :D

Day 2 - Discussion

After much discussion and throwing around votes a bit, it was decided that Kiltie69 had to go.

Players:

1. Nephylim

2. LannisterEX

3. Adam Thomas

4. EmDee

5. Houdinii - Town - Roleblocker - Killed Night 1

6. Merlin

7. Kiltie69 - Town - Vanilla - Killed Day 2

8. Johnathan Colourfield

9. Krista

10. KriZstan

11. Cemel_Dosce - Town - Cop - Killed Night 2

12. Quonus10

It is now Night. Please send in your Actions as soon as possible. Preferrably within the next 48 hours.