Suggested European Meet Up: September 2012 - Paris

You will "look them up" Red? Surely you don't expect us to believe that you've never been in a gay bar in Paris before. Posted Image

Um.... well.... I have been to gay bars in Paris, but it was last century :o and these places are notoriously short-lived. I just need to do a little catching-up.

I guess I can officially sign us up for the event, that is me and Westie. Though I will want to show my man to the city I fell in love with and I might get all sentimental too, all those memories and all, so I might drag him around if the weather is nice. And if we can afford it (and get days off) we might stay for a bit longer than two or three days. But we'll see - I can take it slowly because I'm moving just two hours and ten minutes away from Paris!!! :D :D :D

So yeah, we'll definitely be around and I have already a few ideas where we could go. :) And we definitely HAVE TO make a real Parisian pique-nique!!! :P

I guess I can officially sign us up for the event, that is me and Westie. Though I will want to show my man to the city I fell in love with and I might get all sentimental too, all those memories and all, so I might drag him around if the weather is nice. And if we can afford it (and get days off) we might stay for a bit longer than two or three days. But we'll see - I can take it slowly because I'm moving just two hours and ten minutes away from Paris!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

So yeah, we'll definitely be around and I have already a few ideas where we could go. Posted Image And we definitely HAVE TO make a real Parisian pique-nique!!! Posted Image

Hell yeah :) Looks like we will only be able to do an overnighter but its better than last time :D hehe

A proper french picnic. I'm in love already.

i'm going to the louvre and no-one is stopping me :P I love art :P

le bon rouleau des temps??? lol it doesn't really mean anythink!!! Le louvre is for the people who wants to see all kind of art, and the Musée d'Orsay is more for people who likes paintings... Soooooooooooooo JJ what's going to be?

And for the pique-nique, we could do it in the Luxembourg garden... :)

We could always do both :) oooo sounds interesting elez :) There is also a set of gardens i want to go to that are just outside of Paris that are lit up at night <3

We need to figure out dates at some point :) My suggest would be the weekend of the 31st of August or the 7th September.

I'm on holiday 15th-22nd Sept with family and then i go back to uni ^_^

So what do people think? :)

le bon rouleau des temps??? lol it doesn't really mean anythink!!! Le louvre is for the people who wants to see all kind of art, and the Musée d'Orsay is more for people who likes paintings... Soooooooooooooo JJ what's going to be?

And for the pique-nique, we could do it in the Luxembourg garden... Posted Image

Or Champs de Mars by the Eiffel Tower. Or the Isle de la Cité by the River. I thought Luxembourg Gardens were more for lounging, never saw anyone eating or drinking there...

We could always do both Posted Image oooo sounds interesting elez Posted Image There is also a set of gardens i want to go to that are just outside of Paris that are lit up at night <3

We need to figure out dates at some point Posted Image My suggest would be the weekend of the 31st of August or the 7th September.

I'm on holiday 15th-22nd Sept with family and then i go back to uni Posted Image

So what do people think? Posted Image

Do you mean Versailles Gardens? The have a night programme that is fabulous but quite expensive... And I'm not sure it's on in September, need to check.

Well obviously we would prefer the UK banking holiday but we can always start early and you join us later. ;)

As the previous messages show, we won't be short of options as long as the weather is nice.

Le Louvre is for art from the Antiquity until about 1860, and the Musée d'Orsay for the 1860-1920 period. They both have paintings and sculptures.

The Tuileries gardens or the Palais Royal can be a good picnic ground if we are at the Louvre. And the Champs de Mars can be good if we go to the Musée d'Orsay. Luxembourg gardens as well if we are in the Latin Quarter.

Versailles is obviously quite nice, but it's out of the way, so we would have to plan the day out.

As for dates, I'll let you guys pick your favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also prefer the 7th-9th september because I got an exam the 6th. Also for the youngsters here, the Musée d'Orsay is free if you got your student card! So don't forget it! And it's the same for the Louvre! Well you need to show that you live in the Europeen union and your passeport... For the olders of us it's 10 euros for the Louvre.

Hello I'll come i should have money then, but if someone doesn't mind Car pooling, From england through the tunnel I think it would be cheeper for us brits XD

Edit:

Also I should be able to drive then, but my car will prolly be fairly small and shabby.

Edited by Freddyness

Hello I'll come i should have money then, but if someone doesn't mind Car pooling, From england through the tunnel I think it would be cheeper for us brits XD

Edit:

Also I should be able to drive then, but my car will prolly be fairly small and shabby.

Hmmm this is not a bad idea actually :) I could drive... But it depends if i'm confident enough on the road :)

Hmmm this is not a bad idea actually Posted Image I could drive... But it depends if i'm confident enough on the road Posted Image

If your not confedent on europian roads I'll be happy to drive while over there. I'm used to being in europe about as much as uk. half the time while in the uk i'm thinking "OH GOD WE'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD MUM YOUR NUTS!!"

X3

If we have the time I wouldn't mind seeing Versailles. I remember seeing it about 25 years ago with my mum - the fare on the RER from central Paris was a bargain at only 10 francs (that was when the RATP ran those old silver chrome carriages, I don't think they run anymore do they?), and a single metro journey anywhere was only 5 francs. Ah the good old days :)

Andy, the silver chrome carriages are still there, though I would advise a faster modern train.

A 2-day pass would be useful for everyone ; public transport are very convenient here.

• 2 weeks later...