The 25 days of holiday songs.

Andrew Q Gordon

What year did Nat King Cole record the Christmas song'?

The Answer:

Posted Image The Nat King Cole Trio first recorded the song early in 1946.

That was before even I, was born! And yeah it is one of the "old" standards.

Here's one from when I was a teenager:

What year did Nat King Cole record the Christmas song'?

The Answer:

Posted Image The Nat King Cole Trio first recorded the song early in 1946.

That was before even I, was born! And yeah it is one of the "old" standards.

Here's one from when I was a teenager:

Ohh. Good song Dad. Posted Image

11. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon

ah I think this is one of my favorites too... congrats of doubling your post count tonight! You get a happy point for that.

Day 12 and another tune. I love this version but even in her 70s Eartha Kitt owned this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHI5lqk3NMU

In case you didn't know she did a follow up to this song for Christmas and I consider it part of the original. lol. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm_YHHyAlYY

• Like 1

Okay, so I'm partial to cartoons. Like Comic Fan wasn't a hint, and my avatar doesn't give it away. Anyway, I'm back with another one from the world of Charlie Brown. This time by the Royal Guardsmen. Enjoy Day 13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbhzqoYYROA&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Colin,

Who or what were they - by what I mean is it a school group - it looks like it from the gymnasium - if you know.

Sorry, I don't know but they look like high school kids. TMagino www.youtube.com/user/TMagino the guy who posted the original version (www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSedhEoutP0) on June 30, 2007, is a choreographer. I posted the "Remix" (which isn't a remix) version here. It was posted by drhoddy on December 13, 2009..He cleaned up the video (a bit) and added 480 and 720HD versions (which IMO don't really add anything to the quality of the video). He also cleaned up the audio. He separated the music from the crowd noise, a major accomplishment! The Remix version is much better as a result.

The guys in this video are great performers. Every time I watch it I have to laugh, and every time I hear the real Twelve Days of Christmas on the radio it makes me smile and think of this Twelve Gays of Christmas video.

Merry Christmas to everyone at GA!

Colin Posted Image

I like Glee's version of River. It isn't bad at all. However still a bit stuck on Joni Mitchell's. My mom use to play it often at this time of the year.

Edited by comicfan