Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+19) Assumptions are Dangerous Things

Assumptions are Dangerous Things is up (or will be, in about ten seconds) (Up again, to be exact... sorry for the chapter vanishing, the site was hacked.)

I sent several PM's and made several posts that have vanished, so I'll be redoing those as the day goes on.

BTW, bad things when it comes to data recently! My original chapter post contained a lament that I'd been hit by SWS (Stupid Writer Syndrome) and accidentally typoed a filiname whilst creating a new document, thus overwriting the chapter after this one, and no, I didn't have a backup. I should be done with the retyping by today. ARGH!

Murphy's law at work again! Sorry for the chapter loss CJ. But as you probably have it memorized verbatim, just retyping it in will probably be a good typing execise for you.

Seriously, I do appreciate all the work you do to bring us your stories. Thanks! Dave

Posted Image ...... A lot of assumptions here, like I'm assuming Mr. B is planning to fake his death by an airplane accident at sea, once he is sure his computer driven plane is being tracked by the Coast Guard. Then once he assumes the heat is off him, he goes after Trevor. The cartel people Sanchez sends assume they have the right boat because Mr. B told them. Gonzales assumes Sharpton will go along with his plan. Great Chapter Goat, but you what happens when one assumes!! Posted Image

Posted Image ...... A lot of assumptions here, like I'm assuming Mr. B is planning to fake his death by an airplane accident at sea, once he is sure his computer driven plane is being tracked by the Coast Guard. Then once he assumes the heat is off him, he goes after Trevor. The cartel people Sanchez sends assume they have the right boat because Mr. B told them. Gonzales assumes Sharpton will go along with his plan. Great Chapter Goat, but you what happens when one assumes!! Posted Image

I have not yet proofread (or even seen) the next chapter, so it's totally a guess on my part that the cartel people are coming to take care of their own unfinished business...finishing off Basingstoke himself once he's fulfilled his contract. He agreed to kill and behead Trevor and they agreed to pay his fee, but they never agreed that it would end there.

Posted Image ..................Hmmmm, Very interesting concept, '....finishing off Basinstoke', I had not thought of that, has Mr. B. taken that into consideration? That his life may be endangered by the cartel? Is he going to scuttle the mission and pretend to be killed by accident and leave the cartel to do the work and walk on Trevor's boat. Or fulfill the contract and try to disappear? Mr. B. is smart enough to know that 3 can keep a secret if two of the others are dead. Interesting Idea Froggy! Of course it is an assumption, and we all now what it is to assume! Posted Image Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

I'm confused...what is it to assume, Benji?

Just a quick post to thank CJ for another great chapter Posted Image

Hopefully have time to post some more later

Assume means here that the word makes an

ASS out of U and ME, get it?

Posted Image

I was surprised that Joel left austy land ... in fact I missed how Lisa left it suddenly ...

well at least there was some touch of mr B to shake up the visit

now the issue is when or where mr B will strike

whats up with mrs B

it looks like Mr F is a better protector than dirk is

I have not yet proofread (or even seen) the next chapter, so it's totally a guess on my part that the cartel people are coming to take care of their own unfinished business...finishing off Basingstoke himself once he's fulfilled his contract. He agreed to kill and behead Trevor and they agreed to pay his fee, but they never agreed that it would end there.

You might be right, but I don't think it'll be the Cartel as a whole that orders the hit. Basingstoke's worked for them before and lived to tell the tale.

Sanchez, though, seems to be especially worried about the security of this operation. I suspect the goons have orders to get rid of anyone who might have any idea what's on Kookaburra.

You've got to wonder what kind of retirement plans the hitman business comes with...

Murphy's law at work again! Sorry for the chapter loss CJ. But as you probably have it memorized verbatim, just retyping it in will probably be a good typing execise for you.

Seriously, I do appreciate all the work you do to bring us your stories. Thanks! Dave

I've retyped it just as it was, but... I'm a slow typist. That ate time, and then I ran into an issue I already faced; many things in the chapter intertwine with the following one, it's very, very complex. So, the following one had to be written as well, and now as of today it is, but the chapters won't be going out to beta until Sunday at the earliest.

What this means is... and I truly hate to say it... no chapter Tuesday. It's just not possible. And this, just after promising, again, that there will be no more skipped weeks in the story.

I'll post a warning in the main forum that the chapter will be late.

Posted Image

Precisely! Posted Image Assuming can make one an ass... or a goat? Posted Image

I wonder how much he'd charge to include himself in the contract? Posted Image

Hrmmm... Maybe we can blame Wildone for the delay caused by the overwritten chapter?

The question is, how.... Hrmmm... Suggestions would be appreciated. Posted Image

I was surprised that Joel left austy land ... in fact I missed how Lisa left it suddenly ...

well at least there was some touch of mr B to shake up the visit

now the issue is when or where mr B will strike

whats up with mrs B

it looks like Mr F is a better protector than dirk is

Joel and Lisa had to go home to resume school - it's their senior year of high school. Posted Image

You might be right, but I don't think it'll be the Cartel as a whole that orders the hit. Basingstoke's worked for them before and lived to tell the tale.

Sanchez, though, seems to be especially worried about the security of this operation. I suspect the goons have orders to get rid of anyone who might have any idea what's on Kookaburra.

You've got to wonder what kind of retirement plans the hitman business comes with...

Keeping the secret is of paramount importance to Sanchez - and Bridget as well. However, the other side of it is, killing your subcontractors has a rather chilling effect when you need to hire new subcontractors. They don't seem to appreciate that sort of a fringe benefit. Posted Image

BTW, the name of the coming chapter is Queen's Gambit Accepted.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..