Boybands

methodwriter85

They're apparently making a comeback. I'm kind of excited.

http://blog.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2012/04/call-it-a-comeback-boy-bands-back-on-music-scene/

I don't really like One Direction so much with the exception of What Makes You Beautiful, but I'm digging The Wanted.

I do miss the boy bands of the 90s, nice blended sounds and easy/cheesy lyrics to like and sing to. :P I may be a bit too old to like them now though, although I do listen to some of the older stuff.. lol. I'm more of a country girl these days. ;)

• Like 2

The Wanted has this great song called "Heart Vacancy" : D. And yeah I don't like one direction either, partly because their fandom is a massive population of terrifyingly obsessed teenage girls, akin to Twilight's, Bieber's and the Jonas Brothers.

For the longest time I thought The Wanted and One Direction were the same group.

As far as the "comeback" goes...I can see that. Who knows what pre-pubescent little girls are into these days. But the days of Backstreet Boy and N'Sync are gone. I was definitely a BSB guy though

It kinda feels a little soon to call it a full-fledged "comeback", seeing as both bands have had one hit apiece and are only now moving on to releasing a second song here now. Let's see how the rest of the year plays out first.

In any case, The Wanted could be less of a "boy band" per se and more of a group of five guys who happen to be making music, in just a couple of years. Only one of their five is under 20. Compare that to One Direction, where only one of them are even 20.

(EDIT: Fixed a sentence missing a number.)

Edited by MJ85

The Backstreet Boys still make music, dont they? Aswell as New Kids On The Block.

I'm into Korean music and theyre FULL of almost 90s style boybands. An updated version but I love them! Shinee... BigBang...

Here's Simon Cowell's next money maker

The Mend

They failed this week to get to the final of Britain's Got Talent this coming weekend, but they're the classic boy band line-up, including the cute one (rapper Chris), and the leader (Craig - great voice).

You don't need to win these shows, they're just a launch pad for SC's growing product range and I'm guessing he's already signed them up.

Geeze, he's a clever guy.

Official promo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO1cZAChkvQ

BGT audition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cE54xlbO8A

Here's Simon Cowell's next money maker

The Mend

They failed this week to get to the final of Britain's Got Talent this coming weekend, but they're the classic boy band line-up, including the cute one (rapper Chris), and the leader (Craig - great voice).

You don't need to win these shows, they're just a launch pad for SC's growing product range and I'm guessing he's already signed them up.

Geeze, he's a clever guy.

Official promo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO1cZAChkvQ

OK this was really TERRIBLE. I guess I'm not their targeted audience but I didn't manage to listen to that "song" more that for one minute.

sin

OK this was really TERRIBLE. I guess I'm not their targeted audience but I didn't manage to listen to that "song" more that for one minute.

And since when have "terrible" and boy band success been mutually exclusive? Posted Image

They were not totally gone. It's not so long ago that Westlife, Backstreet Boys and N'Sync were releasing songs right, left and center. Actually, I don't like the One Direction, yet.

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of performers today, including most boy bands, are just good enough at music, just good enough at dancing, and just good enough looking to stay in the public eye. But, they're not good enough at any of that to catch my eye, my ear, or my imagination.

I hear 'em on the radio, and want to change the channel. I watch performance footage, or watch a vid, and think their moves are stale. Then I'll catch a piece of an interview, and, well, find them uninspiring. In my mind, I hear Officer Barbrady's voice from South Park, intoning, "Move along. Nothing to see here. Not a single thingy-dingy."

But not everybody likes the same things I do, either.

Pink Floyd or Led Zep they ain't.

Home, home again.

I like to be here when I can.

When I come home cold and tired

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire.

Far away across the field

The tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees

To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

-Breath by Pink Floyd

Mmmbop, ba duba dop

Ba du bop, ba duba dop

Ba du bop, ba duba dop

Ba du

Yeah

Mmmbop, ba duba dop

Ba du bop, Ba du dop

Ba du bop, Ba du dop

Ba du

Yeah - MMMMbop by Hanson

We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,

To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

Ah, ah,

We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow

-Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

It's gotta be you

Only you

It's gotta be you

Only you

-It's gotta be you by One Direction (circle jerk)

Is this generation just retarded or did all of their talent go up in smoke when their parents were hitting the bong in the seventies and eighties???

• Like 2

A lot of performers today, including most boy bands, are just good enough at music, just good enough at dancing, and just good enough looking to stay in the public eye. But, they're not good enough at any of that to catch my eye, my ear, or my imagination.

I hear 'em on the radio, and want to change the channel. I watch performance footage, or watch a vid, and think their moves are stale. Then I'll catch a piece of an interview, and, well, find them uninspiring. In my mind, I hear Officer Barbrady's voice from South Park, intoning, "Move along. Nothing to see here. Not a single thingy-dingy."

But not everybody likes the same things I do, either.

Lol, you sound like my dad. :P I definitely think its a generational thing. The 'new age' music is radically different from what you grew up with, so naturally its not really your thing. But while I like some rock from your era, I think a lot of it just sounds repetitive and cliche after a while, and its not that original. My point is, the older generations will always dislike and even criticize the younger generation's music/style/attitudes, etc. because its not the one they grew up with, just as the young will do the same about the older's music/style/attitude.

My point is, the older generations will always dislike and even criticize the younger generation's music/style/attitudes, etc. because its not the one they grew up with, just as the young will do the same about the older's music/style/attitude.

The older generation used to criticize the Beatles, so you're right.

You know what's really funny? You go on YouTube videos for late 90's pop like N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys, and you'll get comments from people lamenting how good music was back in the late 90's/early '00s. When it actually was 1999/2000, people complained about how horrible music was!

• Like 3

You beat me to it..., to bring up the Beatles.... Though I like John Lennon.

And to TetRefine..., please don't generalize.... Some of us old(er) farts listen to younger people's stuff also without prejudice.

• Like 1