well i thought he'd be funnier...

for some reason i picture someone with a sense of humor in Charles... not as stiff, however he did loosen up by the end :D

I tend to see the royals with a light touch.... i.e. I don't hold them on a pedistal and see them as people with a lot of wealth and used to be influence. However I do find them interesting.... though I find the crown jewels more so :P

I find the Royals a funny family... I do not find Charles handsome in any way, shape, or form... If he gets to be king, I don't think he will be King for very long... His mother may out live him... The women tend to live to be 100.

I don't really find the royals interesting, unless it's "the tudors " :D

i mean they are mostly tame and normal.

I don't really find the royals interesting, unless it's "the tudors " Posted Image

i mean they are mostly tame and normal.

Er, no. They may be many things. But "normal"? Whatever that is, they are not Posted Image

• Like 1

Charming =)

Shame there's no German royalty left. Posted Image

Don't you wish the Habsburgs were still around:

Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube Posted Image

Philip is funny and prone to international incidents, but I don't know I feel like the royal family is at fault, everything just seems overblown due to media and tabloids about the family from Prince Harry's Island getaway to the continuing "mystery" of Princess Diana's death.

actually most royalty still exists (except maybe the ones in the Far east) they just aren't on the Thrones anymore and act like very rich private citzens... which is more or less what they are...

actually most royalty still exists (except maybe the ones in the Far east) they just aren't on the Thrones anymore and act like very rich private citzens... which is more or less what they are...

Japan and Thailand still have constitutional monarchs with power, so the Far east is not completely done with monarchy.

Oh, Phillip is excellent value for tax payer money Posted Image I don't think even George W Bush caused as many diplopmatic incidents as Phillip does without trying Posted Image

Umm..., rather interesting remark. I believe W's diplomatic mishaps might have a more widespread and longer lasting effect than the Duke's. However, since you're not an American, you're pardoned. :P

I don't really find the royals interesting, unless it's "the tudors " Posted Image

I think you mistaken Jonathan Rhys-Meyers for a royalty.... I don't mean to contradict you, but he is more likeable in Velvet Goldmine, which is not much better. I suspect he was just being himself in Vanity Fair....

Oh, Phillip is excellent value for tax payer money Posted Image I don't think even George W Bush caused as many diplopmatic incidents as Phillip does without trying Posted Image

well some of them are hilarious! :P "People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans." Posted Image

or:

"Can you tell the difference between them?"

- The Duke's question after President Barack Obama said he met with the leaders of the UK, China and Russia.

• Like 2

I just love that Phillip-ism that tells the Nigerian President that he looks like he's ready for bed when he saw him in traditional dress. It honestly makes me cry when I think about it! The dude must have been flabbergasted to be told that.

I know they didnt die out, but they are not present anymore. Think the head honcho would be Georg Friedrich of Prussia at the moment, but I'm not sure. ;)

Oh and the habsburg dynasty was Austrian, not german, even though I suppose there was so much intermarriage between the european royal houses it mattered little.