Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+27) Epaulet Mate

Epaulet Mate is up. :)

Well, as we can tell from the title, somebody is about the be checkmated. But whom? And perhaps more than one?

BTW, for those who aren't into chess, the epaulet mate is a checkmate pattern when a king is partially blocked at the sides by how own pieces. Wikipedia sums it up concisely;

Epaulette or epaulet mate is, in its broadest definition, a checkmate where two parallel retreat squares for a checked king are occupied by his own pieces, preventing his escape. The most common Epaulette mate involves the king on his back rank, trapped between two rooks. The perceived visual similarity between the rooks and epaulettes, ornamental shoulder pieces worn on military uniforms, gives the checkmate its name.

Here's a link to their image, which shows it clearly. (I can't link that image here, it's not one image but a layered composite.).

BTW, we saw all the setup for this chapter in the last chapter. Some were blatant, like the flower-gathering. Others were subtle, such as the way Bridget's boat left port; it left the dock, then two hours later, right outside the marina, joined up with the other boats. And Bridget was hoping that she wouldn't have to use the gun she'd just been given again.

CJ :)

• Like 1

Yes you left hints as to how she would disable Sanchez and decapitate poor Billy. The chapter was singularly unsatisfying although masterfully constructed and written. The witch prevailed throughout and made it look easy which was terribly bad luck for Billy and Sanchez.

I certainly hope the dastardly witch comes to an end most foul, and soon!

Bridget proves again how cunning and evil she can be. Posted Image Though I was right about the DMSO, poison and BillyPosted Image (Wondered why CJ made no comments about my posts last chapterPosted Image ) For me it was Bridget Telling Billy to order "A hearty" meal that made me think he was "condemmned". DMSO does work quickly but the addition of the drugs was brilliant to incapacitate while the poison did it's work....

Another great chapter CJ Tuesday rocks!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Is it next Monday yet? So Bridget once again proves to be a master strategist. I wonder though if now, with presumably one of her major goals fulfilled, if she will get a bit over confident? I say one of her major goals as she must surely lust after Jefe's position, though admittedly it would take her some time to pull that off...

Her self satisfaction and over confidence must surely lead to her eventual downfall???

Thanks CJ & team!

As Kevin D says above, "Is it next Monday yet? So Bridget once again proves to be a master strategist."

For me, Monday's are the longest days of the week and Tuesday mornings are totally distracted by CJ.

As for Bridget, I capitulate to CJ. I can't guess what her next step is, so I'll just wait to see what happens. And Billy-he should have walked away from Bridget a long time ago.

I still think Gonzales will make Bridget squirm. Not sure how.

In any case, by the end of August, Circumnavigation should be complete and all shall come to light. What a cool story. Thanks, CJ.

I cannot believe this story has been only going for 2½ years every Tuesday i await in anticipation for the next chapter of fantastic story.

However why go to all that expense of cleaning Billy up then killing him he was a loyal servant, Bridget not to be trusted.

Gonzales only has to be lucky once to capture Bridget let hope Trevor and Shane can find what she wants and get it to the authorities

Still a great story

Posted Image ................. Winemaker, you sure nailed it on the head, errrr well Billy's head! I'm not surprised Bridget killed Billy, I am surprised at how soon she did it though. Sanchez certainly did not see that one coming, Bridget has to be the most sinister cold blooded killer the goat has ever produced, she is worse than the mass murderer Scar. It will be interesting to see what Gonzalez's will do now, and I wonder if the word will get out that a new cartel member is in. I am certain some tongues are going to wag, seeing that a new head is a foreigner and a woman! Great chapter, awaiting next weeks chapter.
  • Site Administrator

Well after 2 1/2 years I think I finally got it all straightened out :D

CJ has often told us that the prologue is the key to the story, and indeed it is.

0:)

Well done CJ. well done :)

Posted Image ............... Could this the title to the next chapter?

Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory.

Hmmm, this old WWII allied trick could work to Bridget's advantage, if planting a falsehood on a washed up body that Bridget failed and Sanchez had her killed because of it should make the authorities in Australia relax.

However, I think Gonzales won't be fooled.........Should interesting!!

I guess Bridget is the JR Ewing of her time "the best way to understand me is to talk to my friends and my enemies ... my friends are in the state house ... my enemies are going to be harder to find..."

It seems that Bridget uses ppl like tools and when their no longer useful or the job is done .. get rid of them

But really I hope the cartel is smarter than her. I hope Sanchez left some standing orders in case he's eliminated.

Posted Image ............... Could this the title to the next chapter?

Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory.

Hmmm, this old WWII allied trick could work to Bridget's advantage, if planting a falsehood on a washed up body that Bridget failed and Sanchez had her killed because of it should make the authorities in Australia relax.

From the hint at the end of the chapter about the body, I think you could be right. I think Bridget may have forgotten though, that "You can fool some of the people some of the time.......Posted Image Hopefully Bridget's downfall will bring Jefe and the rest of them with her (maybe something that will make Scar's demise look like childsplay...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Yes you left hints as to how she would disable Sanchez and decapitate poor Billy. The chapter was singularly unsatisfying although masterfully constructed and written. The witch prevailed throughout and made it look easy which was terribly bad luck for Billy and Sanchez.

I certainly hope the dastardly witch comes to an end most foul, and soon!

Bridget is now vastly more powerful than she's ever been. Trevor has had it easy so far. Posted Image

However, just in case anyone is worried, I hereby renew my pledge; there shall be no cliffhangers in Circumavigation!

Bridget proves again how cunning and evil she can be. Posted Image Though I was right about the DMSO, poison and BillyPosted Image (Wondered why CJ made no comments about my posts last chapterPosted Image ) For me it was Bridget Telling Billy to order "A hearty" meal that made me think he was "condemmned". DMSO does work quickly but the addition of the drugs was brilliant to incapacitate while the poison did it's work....

Another great chapter CJ Tuesday rocks!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I couldn't respond to your comments, because you were right! Posted Image (well done!!) And yep, the "hearty meal" was one of the clues that Bridget needed to borrow Billy's head. Also, remember her words to Sanchez while the first amongst equals was standing beside her? When he asked about the head, she said, "I have the vile thing with me". Well, she wasn't lying.

Is it next Monday yet? So Bridget once again proves to be a master strategist. I wonder though if now, with presumably one of her major goals fulfilled, if she will get a bit over confident? I say one of her major goals as she must surely lust after Jefe's position, though admittedly it would take her some time to pull that off...

Her self satisfaction and over confidence must surely lead to her eventual downfall???

Thanks CJ & team!

Bridget was satisfied with her open operation in Florida; she only began hungering for Sanchez's when she had to flee. She's not prone to unnecessary risks, so we can't count on her making a mistake. Trevor would be well advised to stay far away... good thing he's not planning on moving to the Bahamas and running charter ads... oh, wait, he is... well, it's probably nothing to worry about; I'm sure he'll get some customers.

As Kevin D says above, "Is it next Monday yet? So Bridget once again proves to be a master strategist."

For me, Monday's are the longest days of the week and Tuesday mornings are totally distracted by CJ.

As for Bridget, I capitulate to CJ. I can't guess what her next step is, so I'll just wait to see what happens. And Billy-he should have walked away from Bridget a long time ago.

I still think Gonzales will make Bridget squirm. Not sure how.

In any case, by the end of August, Circumnavigation should be complete and all shall come to light. What a cool story. Thanks, CJ.

It's August 2007 in the story when it ends... It should be well before our August. Posted Image

I cannot believe this story has been only going for 2½ years every Tuesday i await in anticipation for the next chapter of fantastic story.

However why go to all that expense of cleaning Billy up then killing him he was a loyal servant, Bridget not to be trusted.

Gonzales only has to be lucky once to capture Bridget let hope Trevor and Shane can find what she wants and get it to the authorities

Still a great story

Thanks!!

Billy was fixed up by the hair stylist in Santiago to make him light blond (to look a bit like Trevor). Sanchez has never met Trevor, and has only seen Billy in passing. Bridget shooting Billy in the temple distorted his features a bit via hydraulic shock, so he was a great stand-in for Trevor's head.

BTW, Bridget was nice enough to offer to pay Billy; she told him to remind her once she got her duffel. However, he was already decapitated by then, so for some reason he didn't ask....

Posted Image ................. Winemaker, you sure nailed it on the head, errrr well Billy's head! I'm not surprised Bridget killed Billy, I am surprised at how soon she did it though. Sanchez certainly did not see that one coming, Bridget has to be the most sinister cold blooded killer the goat has ever produced, she is worse than the mass murderer Scar. It will be interesting to see what Gonzalez's will do now, and I wonder if the word will get out that a new cartel member is in. I am certain some tongues are going to wag, seeing that a new head is a foreigner and a woman! Great chapter, awaiting next weeks chapter.

Bridget is interesting; she takes no joy in killing; she only does it when it suits her goals. She's not a psychopath, just ruthless and amoral. That actually makes her far more dangerous.

Well after 2 1/2 years I think I finally got it all straightened out

CJ has often told us that the prologue is the key to the story, and indeed it is.

Well done CJ. well done

One thing out of many in the prologue; Ares was sold to Rachel and Dirk by Arnold Bellevue, and Bridget is sort of mentioned; he's preparing for a divorce. This was shortly before Bridget added "the late" to his name. That he was the one who sold the boat (and had possession of it) is very important to what's coming.

I guess Bridget is the JR Ewing of her time "the best way to understand me is to talk to my friends and my enemies ... my friends are in the state house ... my enemies are going to be harder to find..."

It seems that Bridget uses ppl like tools and when their no longer useful or the job is done .. get rid of them

You're right, she does use people like tools.

Could this the title to the next chapter?

Yes, well done Benji! The title of the coming chapter is indeed Operation Mincemeat.

CJ

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..