Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Delay, 1 week

Sorry, but I've had some major chaos here and the chapter will be a week late.

I haven't even had chance to weigh in on the thread, and will have to wait until later today to get to it, my e-mails, PM's, etc.

Long story short, I have some family commitments that had to be attended to (helping with a medical issue) and my air conditioner chose this inopportune time to break. It was hard to diagnose, because it turns out to be both the compressor fan motor (the big fan in the large box-shaped part that's the outdoors part of the unit) and the motor for the main blower in the interior part of the unit (It's a central HVAC system). I have parts scattered everywhere, because I ended up taking darn near everything apart.

I now suspect a power surge fried the motors, because them both failing at the same time is downright weird otherwise.

Anyway, sorry for the delay. I'll do my best to make sure this is the last one for this story (We're coming to the end).

Posted Image ..............So sorry to hear that, an a/c unit can be quite the expense also. Hopefully all will be good soon, looking forward to hear your comments though.

Not to worry - I have absolute faith in the goat. He'll get it running again with an elastic band and a piece of chewing gum.

That's just way too odd. Please try to keep your head on straight as my guess is Bridget and the Cartel may be coming to the desert to secure their future!! Oh, heads should roll. All kidding aside CJ, best of luck with your AC... I will now look forward to getting a head start on my Tuesday!!! Thanks again for the wonderful entertainment!

• Site Administrator

Damn, my evil diabolical plan to take out your air conditioning and turn your place into a sweat shop forcing you to turn out chapters has disastrously failed Posted Image Posted Image

Now seriously 0:) take your time CJ on posting, but not on the A/C repair. Also don't forget that family comes first and trumps our wanting of a new chapter :hug:

If you like, I can pop in and pretend to be you and answer the posts in the forum :D . Just don't be surprised if somehow you finally admit that you use cliffhangers ;)

Posted Image ..............So sorry to hear that, an a/c unit can be quite the expense also. Hopefully all will be good soon, looking forward to hear your comments though.

I should have the AC fixed by Tuesday... assuming my parts arrive AND assuming I put everything back together okay.

Not to worry - I have absolute faith in the goat. He'll get it running again with an elastic band and a piece of chewing gum.

ROFL!!!!

Funny you should mention that.... I decided to use a blower motor from a different make of AC, because getting the original part would have cost hundreds. It'll work just find though, once I alter a support arm with a touch of welding.

That's just way too odd. Please try to keep your head on straight as my guess is Bridget and the Cartel may be coming to the desert to secure their future!! Oh, heads should roll. All kidding aside CJ, best of luck with your AC... I will now look forward to getting a head start on my Tuesday!!! Thanks again for the wonderful entertainment!

I'm pretty sure it was a power surge that took out the motors. I'm just glad it didn't kill the compressor too, that would have cost far more. It'll be hooked up to surge protection by the time I'm done (surge is a common problem here).

AC problems never happen when the weather cools off and you don't need it. My condolences and hopefully it won't cost you a body part to get it fixed.

It would cost a ton if I was having a repairman in. I live far from any towns and on a 4 wheel drive road, so the only place in the region that would send a guy charges around $200 extra due to the location. So, like most everything else, I do it myself. The way it's looking right now, It'll cost under $150 total to fix it.

Damn, my evil diabolical plan to take out your air conditioning and turn your place into a sweat shop forcing you to turn out chapters has disastrously failed Posted Image Posted Image

Now seriously Posted Image take your time CJ on posting, but not on the A/C repair. Also don't forget that family comes first and trumps our wanting of a new chapter Posted Image

If you like, I can pop in and pretend to be you and answer the posts in the forum Posted Image . Just don't be surprised if somehow you finally admit that you use cliffhangers Posted Image

But but but... you know I never, ever use cliffhangers!!!:P

• Site Administrator

Ah Ha!!!

So the truth is revealed :D

Sure, the air conditioning maybe is broken, so he isn't repairing it but off on a beach vacation :o

Next he'll be telling us he avoids water like he does cliffhangers :lol:

Ah Ha!!!

So the truth is revealed Posted Image

Sure, the air conditioning maybe is broken, so he isn't repairing it but off on a beach vacation Posted Image

Next he'll be telling us he avoids water like he does cliffhangers Posted Image

Actually, the A/C is repaired and the cool goat is currently reviewing editors' and beta readers' comments.

• Site Administrator

I was hoping for a present to all of CJ's readers to get the chapter yesterday on Canada Day :D

Guess everyone would want to be Canadian all of a sudden ;)

Cough - ummm... CJ, why was the chapter late again? Ummm, someone sent me an INTERESTING photo...

ROFL!!!!

Ya got me!!!!

Posted Image

It's entirely coincidental that I have a touch of sunburn. :)

Ah Ha!!!

So the truth is revealed Posted Image

Sure, the air conditioning maybe is broken, so he isn't repairing it but off on a beach vacation Posted Image

Next he'll be telling us he avoids water like he does cliffhangers Posted Image

I fixed the AC. :) Took me a bit of doing though... a few of the screws and a bracket arm kind of, somehow, mislocated themselves and took me a while to find. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..