Check it first!

JamesSavik

http://hanzismatter.blogspot.com/2011/08/steve-caires-of-engrish

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Steve Cairnes of Engrish.com sent me this today

Posted Image

From Hector Garcia's A Geek in Japan:

"At first glance, it seems like a kid with a supercool sweater with a Japanese character. The problem is that the character means “hemorrhoid” in Japanese. Probably the designer confused the character , which means “samurai” and is pronounced “ji”, with the character that means “hemorrhoid” and is also pronounced “ji”… Both characters are graphically very similar but the meaning is totally different!"

• Site Administrator

My stepmom's ex-husband used to call us kids that when we'd spend weekends at his house. Considering I was the daughter of his ex-wife's new husband... it could have been worse, I guess. (Yes, my family is VERY odd)

Yeah, better check it first. Back in school, there was a guy who wore a hat with the Japanese character "ashi" written on it. :D I don't know if he knew what it means. (it means foot/lower leg) That made me smile, but he probably didn't know why I was smiling.

Yeah, better check it first. Back in school, there was a guy who wore a hat with the Japanese character "ashi" written on it. :D I don't know if he knew what it means. (it means foot/lower leg) That made me smile, but he probably didn't know why I was smiling.

I KNEW IT! I asked you and you denied it. You foot fetishist beast you! :D:P

I KNEW IT! I asked you and you denied it. You foot fetishist beast you! Posted Image Posted Image

I am not a foot fetish! It's just my name (it's short for something else). What does your name mean anyways? :P

Ehm, which bit is causing you trouble? lol Posted Image

Just say NO to hemorrhoid. This special public announcement is brought to you by Foot Fetish Federation.

I'm just wondering how many people are walking around with tattoos they think are cool but actually say things like "little bitch", "enormous douche" or "painful rectal cramp".

I'm just wondering how many people are walking around with tattoos they think are cool but actually say things like "little bitch", "enormous douche" or "painful rectal cramp".

And for how many of those is the real meaning somehow more appropriate...........

• Like 2