Gaybies

Menace

Gaybies  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Gonna have gaybies in the future

• Yes
    • No

No.... If he/she turns out to be gay, it's fine. But I won't plan it.

Oh..., you changed the question.

Well, don't know.

Edited by Ashi

No to future babies because I already have a baby (even thou she's now a teenager, she'll always be our baby ;) ) But I would never call her a gaybie. She is very vocal about being a straight chick, she is kill me if I called her a gaybie, LOL :P

been there, done that: my "gaybies" (and I concur with KC Grim - they both would KILL me if they were called "Gaybies!) are now 24 and 29. My partner did suggest it 10+ years ago that we'd have a child, I honestly feel I have done my bit and really don't want to do it again!

(That said - Sympathia, I would have your babies any day or night!!! ;-) )

No way. I'm way too selfish to give up my whole life to raise a kid. The closest I'd wanna come is being the cool uncle that gives other peoples kids too much candy and buys them stuff their parents don't want them to have

Would love to, even if I dont ever have a partner....but letting single men adopt kids is not high on the priority list of adoption agencies in India (I wonder what the status is in the west). Men are deemed inadequate as parents, unable to give a stable, loving, caring home.......and if you add homosexuality to the equation....hmmmm, the nicest thing said is that we are irresponsible..the worst you can imagine Posted Image Straight single guys have been able to adopt but have to wait a much longer time than normal.....sorry rambling

Since 2002 in the UK there's been legal parity with straights for all gays - whether single or a couple - who can provide a stable loving family environment, and discrimination because of sexuality by any adoption agency has been illegal since 2007.

Here's an extract from one UK agency's web site: "We do not have any requirements about your marital status. Our adopters may be single, married, in a civil partnership or living with a partner. You can adopt jointly without being married. We welcome gay and lesbian adopters whether they are single or looking to adopt jointly with their partner."

I would guess preference will always be given to couples, and if you leave it too long then in terms of age there will come a point where that will start to count against you, but that seems sensible.

• Like 1

I'd love gaybies, but then again, I want puppies too.

Can't i have both? :P (Imagining a litter of horny gay puppies)

Honestly, I know I need a partner before I think about kids.

Edited by W_L

Sorry, but "gaybies" has to be the dumbest name I've ever heard babies called. So if a baby is adopted or birthed by a same-sex couple, does that make it any different from one adopted or birthed by heterosexual couples? I'm no science major, but I'm pretty sure a baby is a baby regardless of who brings it into the world. Calling them "gaybies" only cements the stereotype that children raised by same sex partners are somehow different and less "normal" then those raised by straight parents. *facepalms* Posted Image

Now, would I want a BABY? Possibly, but not until I felt like I've lived a while. I want to continue traveling the world, and be able to go out on a Friday night till 4 in the morning without trying to find a place for the kid to stay. Once I get tired of living the good life will I consider having a kid. But not until I'm past 30 and have a decent financial standing. Traveling and going out every weekend costs money, and kids cost loads of money. Some of my friends from high school had kids right after graduating, and they've pretty much screwed themselves into being poor for the next 25+ years.

I've spent a lot of time working with kids over the past 8 years and I love them, but its always nice to be able to hand them off to their parents after a while. :P

Sorry, but "gaybies" has to be the dumbest name I've ever heard babies called. So if a baby is adopted or birthed by a same-sex couple, does that make it any different from one adopted or birthed by heterosexual couples? I'm no science major, but I'm pretty sure a baby is a baby regardless of who brings it into the world. Calling them "gaybies" only cements the stereotype that children raised by same sex partners are somehow different and less "normal" then those raised by straight parents. *facepalms* Posted Image

Now, would I want a BABY? Possibly, but not until I felt like I've lived a while. I want to continue traveling the world, and be able to go out on a Friday night till 4 in the morning without trying to find a place for the kid to stay. Once I get tired of living the good life will I consider having a kid. But not until I'm past 30 and have a decent financial standing. Traveling and going out every weekend costs money, and kids cost loads of money. Some of my friends from high school had kids right after graduating, and they've pretty much screwed themselves into being poor for the next 25+ years.

I've spent a lot of time working with kids over the past 8 years and I love them, but its always nice to be able to hand them off to their parents after a while. Posted Image

It's a cute name, but one that should not be spread around in pre-school, elementary school, or... you get what I mean. Tet, didn't your parents ever have pet names for you, when you were a kid.

Gaybies is just a way of expressing affection, like I used puppies in the same regards above (I've known a lot of people with a bunch of kids, who call them their pups, :D )

A label is just what people make it, don't let that define your kids or you. Who knows, you might be raising an entire hockey team of big bulky boys and girls, who no one would ever call gaybies without getting their teeth knocked out by a hockey stick :o:P

It's a cute name, but one that should not be spread around in pre-school, elementary school, or... you get what I mean. Tet, didn't your parents ever have pet names for you, when you were a kid.

Gaybies is just a way of expressing affection, like I used puppies in the same regards above (I've known a lot of people with a bunch of kids, who call them their pups, Posted Image )

A label is just what people make it, don't let that define your kids or you. Who knows, you might be raising an entire hockey team of big bulky boys and girls, who no one would ever call gaybies without getting their teeth knocked out by a hockey stick Posted Image Posted Image

Of course they had nicknames (ones I won't repeat here :P ). But they were not anything that could be misconstrued and be used to ostracize me and make me feel different in a negative way. Gaybies just seems derogatory and unnecessarily places a label on a child who doesn't have the first clue about what it means. Maybe I'm just more of a straight-world assimilationist (if there even is such a thing), but theres no need to differentiate between babies/kids raised by straight people and those raised by gay people. It only furthers the thought process that were separate and don't want to be fully part of the mainstream world.

Of course they had nicknames (ones I won't repeat here Posted Image ). But they were not anything that could be misconstrued and be used to ostracize me and make me feel different in a negative way. Gaybies just seems derogatory and unnecessarily places a label on a child who doesn't have the first clue about what it means. Maybe I'm just more of a straight-world assimilationist (if there even is such a thing), but theres no need to differentiate between babies/kids raised by straight people and those raised by gay people. It only furthers the thought process that were separate and don't want to be fully part of the mainstream world.

Well, I did stole the word from the gays. Maybe from the LA gays LOL

Gaybies just seems derogatory and unnecessarily places a label on a child who doesn't have the first clue about what it means.

It's not really derogatory, he just thought he was being clever with wordplay