Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Happy Third Anniversary, Circumnavigation!

Happy Third Anniversary, Circumnavigation! It was three years ago today, October 21, 2009, when I proofread the Prologue to a new story for our favorite goat author. It's been an interesting three years. Trevor Carlson has traveled more than half way around the globe and has been through many adventures including piracy, several attempts on his life, finding a loving companion, and being reunited with the mother who had been lost at sea and declared dead.

Recently several have complained about the length of the story. I guess some people have a short attention span. Others seek only a few detailed bedroom scenes to satisfy their literary appetites. My apologies to all the great authors who post their work on GA, but I believe Circumnavigation is the greatest epic novel to be found at this site. Few stories are as rich in detail, action, and emotion.

And C James has been diligent in keeping new chapters flowing at the rate of one nearly every week. There is plenty in this work to hold our attention and there is plenty more in the chapters that follow.

Thanks C J.

Now I'm off to proofread Chapter 141.

Posted Image ................... Amen as I count my grey hairs! This has been one hell of a ride of a story, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Funny, I thought a lot of readers wanted the goat to expand on relationships which the goat obliged in doing, then complained it was dragging down the story!!! Posted Image I have a thought, after the boys and their mom escape the latest attempt on their lives. What if the US Navy plucks their boat aboard their ship for the ride thru the canal! That would certainly detour Bridget's small army's plans for their destruction, that would also alert the cartel that the US Navy is involved in her plans to finish off Trevor. Would that much scrutiny be worth it to them? I see Bridget's plans crumbling before her and the finale being a showdown between her and Trevor. My muse!

Posted Image ................... Amen as I count my grey hairs! This has been one hell of a ride of a story, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Funny, I thought a lot of readers wanted the goat to expand on relationships which the goat obliged in doing, then complained it was dragging down the story!!! Posted Image I have a thought, after the boys and their mom escape the latest attempt on their lives. What if the US Navy plucks their boat aboard their ship for the ride thru the canal! That would certainly detour Bridget's small army's plans for their destruction, that would also alert the cartel that the US Navy is involved in her plans to finish off Trevor. Would that much scrutiny be worth it to them? I see Bridget's plans crumbling before her and the finale being a showdown between her and Trevor. My muse!

Atlantis has a long voyage ahead, but much like when she crossed the Atlantic, it passes very fast for us. Interesting idea on the Navy... that would indeed put a crimp in Bridget's "welcoming committee" in Panama. She's planning on giving him such a warm welcome, too.

Happy Third Anniversary, Circumnavigation! It was three years ago today, October 21, 2009, when I proofread the Prologue to a new story for our favorite goat author. It's been an interesting three years. Trevor Carlson has traveled more than half way around the globe and has been through many adventures including piracy, several attempts on his life, finding a loving companion, and being reunited with the mother who had been lost at sea and declared dead.

Recently several have complained about the length of the story. I guess some people have a short attention span. Others seek only a few detailed bedroom scenes to satisfy their literary appetites. My apologies to all the great authors who post their work on GA, but I believe Circumnavigation is the greatest epic novel to be found at this site. Few stories are as rich in detail, action, and emotion.

And C James has been diligent in keeping new chapters flowing at the rate of one nearly every week. There is plenty in this work to hold our attention and there is plenty more in the chapters that follow.

Thanks C J.

Now I'm off to proofread Chapter 141.

Thanks Mike! But you might be a bit early, or late. :) The prologue, plus chapter 1 and 2, posted on Nov 29th, 2009, so it's coming up on 2 years ago. I started writing it over the summer, if I remember right.

And BTW, don't you man chapter M7? Posted Image (Remember, we were an Aussie maths for a while, but then when we translated back, we ended up with alphanumerics).

Thanks Mike! But you might be a bit early, or late. Posted Image The prologue, plus chapter 1 and 2, posted on Nov 29th, 2009, so it's coming up on 2 years ago. I started writing it over the summer, if I remember right.

And BTW, don't you man chapter M7? Posted Image (Remember, we were an Aussie maths for a while, but then when we translated back, we ended up with alphanumerics).

Check your math, goat. That's three years: 2012 - 2009 = 3.

I, like many of your readers, am in the US, so right side up math is appropriate.

• Like 1

Three years and counting! It has been an epic ride and I've enjoyed most of it, at least when I wasn't worried sick over the latest cliff-hanger!

Serial novels are an artform. As a reader however, I prefer to plow through a completed novel. When this one is done, I will probably read it through again just to immerse myself in the story.

Check your math, goat. That's three years: 2012 - 2009 = 3.

I, like many of your readers, am in the US, so right side up math is appropriate.

Ah, but you're forgetting; though Atlantis has now left Australia, much of the story occurred there, and the Australians used an inverted calendar, which thus runs backwards at times.

And surely, as thanks to Australia for being the setting for so much of the story, we should use their mathematics for the chapter numbering?

Three years and counting! It has been an epic ride and I've enjoyed most of it, at least when I wasn't worried sick over the latest cliff-hanger!

Serial novels are an artform. As a reader however, I prefer to plow through a completed novel. When this one is done, I will probably read it through again just to immerse myself in the story.

There have been many times that I've wished that I had completed this prior to posting; to make sure the details match up. There have been a few times when I've wished I could go back and change something. :)

Ah, but you're forgetting; though Atlantis has now left Australia, much of the story occurred there, and the Australians used an inverted calendar, which thus runs backwards at times.

And surely, as thanks to Australia for being the setting for so much of the story, we should use their mathematics for the chapter numbering?

There is, of course, no such thing as Australian math. They use the same system as the rest of us.

GA recognizes the standard numbering system: 140. Full Circle 0 reviews, 10,766 words, Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image and https://www.gayauthors.org/story/c-james/circumnavigationCJ/140

Edited by MikeL

There is, of course, no such thing as Australian math. They use the same system as the rest of us.

GA recognizes the standard numbering system: 140. Full Circle 0 reviews, 10,766 words, Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image and https://www.gayauthors.org/story/c-james/circumnavigationCJ/140

But, Frog, of course there is Australian maths! Australians use math too, you know. It's just that they have to do so while upside down. So, some numbers translate okay, but some don't. A 9 becomes a 6, for example. Here, let me show you.

0123456789 that's in the northern hemisphere.

sɥʇɐɯ ǝısnnɐ 6879543210

So therefor, chapter 99 became 66 ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ due to being in Australia.

Then when we came to chapter AUD (Aussie maths) 97, and Atlantis began her voyage home from Carnarvon, we therefor flipped again, to chapter L6.

Aussie maths work in Australia just like northern hemispheric math works here, it's just translating between the two that takes a bit of doing. For example, the GA stories software, good though it is, does not support Aussie maths for chapter numbering.

However, we are currently at chapter M7, so well on track to bring this in at under 100 chapters.

Posted Image

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..