It seems like Luke is handling the situation much in the same way that I would. Waiting for some kind of sign from the other party that tells him that the plows have already cleaned and salted the roads before throwing caution to the wind and confronting his desires. Only he gets a little frisky sometimes and does a striptease now and then, and sits on his desires' stomach. Me? I ignore it until it goes away because it tends to be the case that 'I' am the object to be desired when I am somehow close to the other person... not the other way around *sigh*

That I would have to agree with, Rory bring in the state he is in, Lukes confession might bring more complications to Rory. So I agree it is probably best for Luke to Wait.

On the Other hand though we all know that Rory has feelings for Luke, So I think that before he goese gung ho on someone elce he needs to let Luke know how he feels for him.

Edited by OTRFK
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear to god, this is SERIOUSLY one of the best i-stories I have ever read. I read all 20 chapters in 2 days. I am a guy obsessed! I think that many will agree with me that what makes this story so great is that the characters don't always necessarily get what they want and that happy endings are bullshit. After all, we all know that the best (and worst) kind of love is the kind that makes our hearts ache...aching for that person we can't have. I think that's what's happening in this story. By the way things are going, you can tell (or at least hope) that Luke will finally tell Rory how he feels about him. This is probably really ugly of me, but while I was reading the story, I had that song "Don't Leave" by Faithless playing on repeat. OMG!!! I am such a girl emotionally :,( (imagining Luke offering to sleep on my floor next to my bed.... :wub: LOL)

Anyway, I'm really kinda digging the fact that there may be something brewing between Seth and Rory. For one thing, we don't know enough about Seth to know what he's all about. I don't think he was the prick that Rory said he was. He reminds me of the typical guy who doesn't know how to express his feelings but I think that if given the chance, he would be a really sweet guy. The other reason I'm kinda diggin this is that if and when Luke sees Seth taking an interest in Rory, he'll get all jealous and maybe pursue his feelings for Rory more aggressively.

Rory is just a prissy little drama queen. He isn't happy unless he is fighting with someone.

I have to agree that Rory's behavior has been extremely aggravating; sometimes I just want to slap him across the head to make him wake up and see what he's got. How many of us have the luxury of having gay parents (Eddie and Jase) and the sweetest guy on earth in the room across the hall??? I swear to god :wacko: .... In a way, there is an inkling of me that wants Luke to reject Rory at first (but then change his mind later LOL :wub: ). This may put Rory in his place and show him a little humility. I just hope that Rory will soon see how blessed/lucky/whatever he really is.

MONOPOLY?!?!?! That is the most argumentative game around.

I think Seth is being a bit manipulative. Rory asks Seth to just tell him what Aaron told Seth about Rory. (I could be wrong but hasn't Seth mentioned it twice? Once in Chapt.21 and then in this current chapt--although it migh have been Rory who brought it up in this current chapt.I don't remember.)

Seth appears to sees not answering Rory's question as a way to keep Rory around--so he refuses to answer and states he wants to play monopoly. Seth walks out of the room. Very dramatic and very manipulative. If Rory wants to know what Aaron told Seth, he has to follow Seth up to his room. That is manipulative!

I am still suspect of Seth. He has been as bad/aggravating as Rory. He usually speaks in half truths and tosses out bits of information to Rory--just enough to hook Rory's interest; then he shuts down and leaves Rory dangling/wanting more.

Has anyone actually given Rory any full information without caveats or half-truths. Granted, Rory frequently shuts people down when he is uncomfortable; but why doesn't anyone keep Rory accountable and just tell him the full unvarnished truth?

Peace, Matthew

i'm wondering why no one has really took rory aside and said "look, i know we got off to a bad start and all, but let's put the lying and the half-truths behind us. we're all (capable of being!!) adults here, so this is what's going on." and then just spell it out for him!! rory's a little dense sometimes... 0:) ...but i figure since he's capable of withholding information just as well as everyone else, he's not quite the innocent victim he wants everyone to believe he is...

i'm starting to get the feeling that rory might be the one ending up manipulating everyone and being the evil one in the story...he he he...wtf am i saying? *shrugs* oh well...

:music:

Yes Rory may be an idiot for not noticing, but if i recall accuratly Luke did kind of put that doubt in Rorys mind when the family first found out about Rory being Gay.

Yep I agree! I think Luke very foolishly implied he wasn't interested and now Rory's froozen that in his mind. I think Luke was more or less joking and probably looking to see how Rory would react, but it's still his fault to a large extent, that Rory is so clueless about his feelings.

hmm...i think we're all giving seth a little too much credit by saying that he wants to manipulate rory at this point in the story. i mean, what if seth's just as mixed up and confused and lonely and heartbroken as rory is? c'mon now...he's a teenager! he's probably just dealing with all the drama the best way he knows how and that doesn't automatically mean he's going to A ) jump rory's bone or B ) play mind games.

i think seth and rory are a lot alike...especially since they're both so introverted.

I agree, while I think Seth is being "manipulative" I don't think his intentions are bad, and I don't think he has the interpersonal skills to handle it much differently.

Hey there!

First poster here, and I've just got to say this...even tho its in the DD21 thread...

Dom, your stories have helped me out not just on those days where I desire for imagination and fantasy....but you have also helped me in life. Being a confused...ambiguous teen (on life and my sexuality) has been tough. I also recognize that other have it worse out there, and you guys have probably gone through this exact process as well...but figuring out if you're gay or not...coming out to your friends or family...is a huge/intimidating step in life...and as I continue reading your great stories and continue discovering new possibilities/outcomes of a "coming out"...I find myself truly in your debt...for I have grown as a person from reading your stories, and also in coming in terms with myself:

Whatever I may be, straight or bi or gay (but I suspect the latter...or else why would I be on the GA site? :P ) it's not who I am. It's a part of me, but it does not define me...just like Jude put it so easliy.

Thank you for all of your wonderful stories...and thank you for improving my life that much more....Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I owe you so much more than you could ever imagine. :worship:

-Danny

P.S. Love the new chapter of DD...gosh why can't Luke just tell Rory about his feelings? Ugh...so frustrating! :lmao: keep on chuggingn dom! you have soo many people who's lives you've touched!

Way to go Danny! I'm so happy for you, you're exactly right in saying that it doesn't matter what your sexuality is and that it's only a part and not all of you in the first place! I'm glad for you and hope things go really well :2thumbs:

Welcome lostone, rekop1, & Danny!!!!!! Glad you took the plunge and made your first posts about Ch 21. If you will be regular visitors, you should start thinking about your PSO (Post Sign Off).

'smiles' is already taken by Dom

'kisses' is used by NickolasJames of the infamous NJ awards

'Take Care' is used by both AFriendlyFace and myself (we'll be settling who gets exclusive use of it by either a sudden death game of wrestling, monopoly or Soduku).

Welcome again!

Take Care,

Vic the Domaholic

LOL works for me but only if I get to be the racecar if we play monopoly! :boy::P

The unfortunate effect of this waiting is that the sign might never come because the other person more dense than rock. In which case, before he knows it, Rory is with someone else. He probably figures that he has to wait that week and a half for the grieving process to end before he tests the supposedly salted roads.

I agree RK, I think Luke is trying to do the right thing and not hit on Rory while he's on the "rebound", or, in the case of when he first got there, while he was still dealing with his mom's death and having to move and everything. But you're right if he doesn't hurry up he might miss his chance.

Anyway have an awesome day everyone, and I probably won't be back till New Year's Eve, so have an awesome New Year's too!

Take care, (gets out the monopoly board :) )

Kevin

Seth is my new favorite character. I think he's adorable. He's shy and he's honest (yes, he is honest!), and he's trying to figure out how to get Rory to like him. He appears to be manipulative because he's so unsure of himself. He has a kindred spirit in Rory -- both of them having been used by Aaron. Luke was, too, but Luke is a different sort of character. Luke and Rory don't belong together. Luke and Rory are allies; they will become a bulwark against the world -- Jase, Eddie, Aaron and the other interference of the world. Mind you, I've come to like Eddie and Jase, and I think Aaron will get the help he need and will turn out to be a good guy; but untrusted. No, Seth is cute and I like him. He and Rory deserve each other (for more reasons than one).

And Monopoly is the perfect game. You can learn a lot about how aggressive a person is going to be, how forgiving he can be, how laid back he can be and how inept he can be. And it lasts a long, long time. Lots of time to talk. You can take breaks. You don't have to finish it (unless you're an anal-retentive Type-A personality). No sex this time; this little interlude is to get to know one another. Seth knows what he's doing. And it's not only to get into Rory's boxers. I think Seth has feelings for Rory, and right now he feels sorry for all that Rory has been through. This is to put him at ease, and to try to convince Rory that he (Seth) can be a friend, and confort, and (eventually, but not just now) and tremendous source of sexual release (think Mt. Vesuvius).

Hi, Elecivil. Good to see you here.

Journeyman

A few chapters back Aaron described Seth as his parents "little prince"- implying that he is a spoiled brat. I think that this was when Seth first appeared out of the shadows.

It appears to have worked on Rory and quite a few readers didn't like the kid hiding under the cap either.

I wonder if Aaron didn't intentionally create a bad first impression of Seth to eliminate the competetion.

Sidebar: In case you didn't know, Jouneyman and EleCivil are both accomplished writers in their own right. It would be well worth it to go hunt down their stories while you are waiting for Dom's next chapter.

I have to agree that Rory's behavior has been extremely aggravating; sometimes I just want to slap him across the head to make him wake up and see what he's got. How many of us have the luxury of having gay parents (Eddie and Jase) and the sweetest guy on earth in the room across the hall???

In a sense virtual reality has been spoiling Rory for the last few weeks. The gay world of that Arizona town seems to be revolving around his emotions by now. Too much leisure time makes him fret. In that state of mind he tends to bother other people, of which they might even take advantage.

Therefore I think that Rory could do with some useful occupation. Monopoly might be good for a start, but hopefully Eddy is going to drag him to work on Monday. But it's usually not as easy as that, I know.

Apart from that I am at a loss to divine what's up next. I might be inclined to climb the Rory - Seth undercurrent bandwagon, but I have been proven wrong too many times. So I will just sit and wait impatiently.

Apart from that I am at a loss to divine what's up next. I might be inclined to climb the Rory - Seth undercurrent bandwagon, but I have been proven wrong too many times. So I will just sit and wait impatiently.

I'm not sure what will happen next. I suspect the current Rory/Seth boom will last about as long as last chapter's Luke/Seth boom. I also wouldn't be completely surprised if Aaron is still sleeping it off at Seth's. And Eddie finds out. And...

I think Seth is being a bit manipulative. Rory asks Seth to just tell him what Aaron told Seth about Rory. (I could be wrong but hasn't Seth mentioned it twice? Once in Chapt.21 and then in this current chapt--although it migh have been Rory who brought it up in this current chapt.I don't remember.)

From Chapter 20

"He started calling me to talk about you," Seth continued. "He told me some things... it was just to get to me. I didn
Edited by sat8997

I wish I had the same problems as Rory. I mean think about it, his family knows he's gay and that doesn't bother them at all, he is surrounded by hot (gay) guys, all of whom seem to be interested in him, and I'm actually very convinced that Luke likes Rory. Why, you ask? Because in chapter 20, when Rory asked Luke if he was interested in Seth, Luke said there was someone else who he was interested in. Then, later in the chapter, Rory said that whoever was "uninterested" in Luke was a big fat idiot (not in those words). Well, 2 + 2 = 4. Luke likes someone, that someone happens to be an idiot, Rory is an idiot, thus I must think that it is Rory that Luke likes. However, Rory doesn't deserve Luke. I'm being like a jealous stalker here, because I want Luke to be my boyfriend. If only he was real.

... Well, 2 + 2 = 4. Luke likes someone, that someone happens to be an idiot, Rory is an idiot, thus I must think that it is Rory that Luke likes. However, Rory doesn't deserve Luke. I'm being like a jealous stalker here, because I want Luke to be my boyfriend. If only he was real.

Ah ha Slaveboy, leave it to you to reduce it all to a little simple math! :music:

It makes perfect sense to me.

A few days of busyness and you get so behind .... Wish I had been posting all along.

Once again, I want to slap Rory because of his attitude, but I also want to hug him because he's so obviously hurting. I love Eddie. This chapter made me love Eddie. He's trying, and I don't care what anyone says, it's a good start, and I'm proud of him. Seth... oh boy...I have this image of Seth trying to seduce Rory in the next chapter. If that happens, then I'm switching back to a Rory/Luke pairing. Rory is in no condition to be seduced, and Seth should know better.
As so often, I nod a "yes" to Ann's thoughts, except: I don't see Seth seducing Rory. In his own wierd way he seems to have similar values to Luke. I, too, am liking Eddie more and more. He's learning fast. The pain Rory is in does seem to be proportional to his earlier lunacy and selfishness, but that doesn't make it any less real. I feel for him, too.
I used to be completely against the idea of Seth/Rory, but now I'm not so sure. I cannot imagine malice in a guy who you treat like trash who invites you in for juice and monopoly.
Uh-huh.
So is Seth trying to manipulate Rory now? I can't help but see something insidious in that smirk of his... or is he generally being a nice guy?
Seth's smirk could be nervousness.
...or is Aaron upstairs in Seth's bedroom?!
Don't think Seth would do that to Rory.
Whatever Seth says, you can't help but notice he still took Aaron away from the party... there's a lot of anger and hostility being thrown around here. Eventually people are going to have to forgive, even if they don't forget...
Why did Seth take Aaron away from Rick's party? Whom was he helping out? Aaron? Rory? Both? I can't see what he has to gain by stopping Aaron from getting what he deserves or by stopping Rory from having it out with Aaron. It's more like Seth has something to lose, if he wants to be with Rory. Is this another instance of the sort of budding mature altruism we've seen from Luke? Does it have anything to do with why Seth was at the party to which Aaron took Rory?
And I'm still waiting for Aaron's explanation. You know that's coming. It's not being thrown out there just to tantalise. It's not like Owen moving past needing to talk to his parents. This wound's too recent, and it's too close to home for it not to be returned to.
I'm really waiting to hear what Aaron has to say, too. We still don't know what has driven him into the lions' den and made him face down Eddie, Luke and Dave (and Jase and all the other guests). No matter how badly he wants to talk to Rory, doing it this way was at least a little psycho. How much does Seth know, especially after rescuing Aaron from the den?
well, i definitely like where this is going. and for anyone who wants to say seth is being manipulative, at least he isn't getting rory to do things by kissing him out of nowhere all the time. *cheers silently for seth-rory* 0:)
Amen to that!
Yes I think Seth is manipulating Rory up to a point. But I think his intentions are better, and he's probably not doing it on purpose. Also I think he's just doing his best to relate to Rory; he probably doesn't have the emotional skills or sophistication to handle it any better. But yeah Seth fans/Grandma Alice critics, should take note of the extremely similar way Seth just handled the situation.

"Just tell me", "are you warm enough dear?"

"Just tell me", "Let's play monopoly"

I agree to all this. But I admire Seth for not repeating the trash that Aaron said to him, especially as it is almost certainly hurtful to Rory. Make Aaron do his own dirty work! I hope (and think) that Seth will stick to his resolve. I don't think he is using this as a way to keep Rory around longer.
So pretty much this whole chapter I just wanted someone to grab Rory and give him a hug while he cried....

As a side ramble; I think Rory needs more hugs in general.... Unless you count his dealings with Aaron, which I really wouldn't, I mean obviously those embraces weren't very emotionally satisfying. It's no wonder Rory didn't recognize the hug at first.

Yes. Alice doesn't sound very huggy, so that just leaves Rory's mum as a potential hugger. He doesn't seem to have had that sort of relationship with his former friends.
There is no explanation that Aaron can give Rory for his behavior at this point. I'm sure he has plenty of excuses, though, and treating Rory the way he did at the party just because he was drunk is a very lousy excuse. Aaron placed Rory in a situation where he was uncomfortable, and even before he was wasted he was treating Rory like crap. It was a huge mistake and one that Rory should not easily forgive. When it comes to Aaron's intimacy problems, I'm sure there is a way he could explain that, but the way I read it, I don't think there are really any acceptable reasons for that, either. Their first time together, Aaron practically whipped out Jr. and shoved it in Rory's face. He didn't go slow, he didn't give Rory any time, even knowing that Rory was inexperienced. Aaron was completely inconsiderate. At this point, Rory might be missing him a little, but I don't think he'll take him back. Rory is beginning to grow and see things differently. IMO, it would take an act of god and a brand new personality equipped with a conscience for Aaron to change enough for Rory to even consider it. Or, I can hope.
Yes, yes, yes! Yes! But I do want to know what's going on in Aaron's head. Is he going to rationalize his terrible behaviour? Blame it on someone/thing else? Will he even acknowledge it? Has he learned anything from Rory or Seth?

hmm...i think we're all giving seth a little too much credit by saying that he wants to manipulate rory at this point in the story. i mean, what if seth's just as mixed up and confused and lonely and heartbroken as rory is? c'mon now...he's a teenager! he's probably just dealing with all the drama the best way he knows how and that doesn't automatically mean he's going to A ) jump rory's bone or B ) play mind games.

i think seth and rory are a lot alike...especially since they're both so introverted. i'd really like to know what goes on in seth's mind, tho...and for the record, i still think he's a rat.

Agreed! Except for the rat bit!
(First time Domaholics post)

Maybe I'm just way too trusting (I'll admit, I was part of the "give Aaron a chance" crowd for a while), but I'm not seeing any dark intentions in the Monopoly game. I'm guessing that since pretty much all of Seth's conversations with Rory have ended with Rory storming out in an even worse mood than when they started, this is an attempt to anchor him in for a while, as well as act as a way to diffuse tension now and then. It would fit with the way Seth is handling Rory's outbursts at the moment - just changing the subject until he calms down, not letting himself get worked into a shouting match, because no one can beat Rory at shouting matches.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, like I was about Aaron, and Seth insists on playing strip-Monopoly. Then maybe Rory would end up with a grudge against the Parker Brothers, too ("The box said this game was suitable for all ages! You liars!").

Yes! I really like how you think. Don't think you're wrong.
They play Monopoly????

It's Seth's chance to spend time with Rory. If they can manage to not bicker, maybe Rory will see that Seth's not so bad, they talk a little, get used to each others company, plan the wedding.....

Sharon

As so often, you have gotten closest to my own thoughts, Sharon.
It seems that Seth has discovered the inalienable truth that Aaron seemed to know from the beginning. The truth being that Rory, although often sounding indignant and acting appalled, has no will power whatsoever when the slightest bit of peer pressure is applied. There are dozens of examples with this being the case, and I think is probably the factor that gets him into the most trouble.
Yes. But IMHO, unlike Aaron, Seth isn't hurting Rory - just spending time with him, trying to get to know and be known by him.
MONOPOLY?!?!?! That is the most argumentative game around.

Seth appears to sees not answering Rory's question as a way to keep Rory around--so he refuses to answer and states he wants to play monopoly. Seth walks out of the room. Very dramatic and very manipulative. If Rory wants to know what Aaron told Seth, he has to follow Seth up to his room. That is manipulative!

I am still suspect of Seth. He has been as bad/aggravating as Rory. He usually speaks in half truths and tosses out bits of information to Rory--just enough to hook Rory's interest; then he shuts down and leaves Rory dangling/wanting more.

Has anyone actually given Rory any full information without caveats or half-truths. Granted, Rory frequently shuts people down when he is uncomfortable; but why doesn't anyone keep Rory accountable and just tell him the full unvarnished truth?

Peace, Matthew

See above.
Yep I agree! I think Luke very foolishly implied he wasn't interested and now Rory's frozen that in his mind. I think Luke was more or less joking and probably looking to see how Rory would react, but it's still his fault to a large extent, that Rory is so clueless about his feelings.

I agree, while I think Seth is being "manipulative" I don't think his intentions are bad, and I don't think he has the interpersonal skills to handle it much differently.

Way to go Danny! I'm so happy for you, you're exactly right in saying that it doesn't matter what your sexuality is and that it's only a part and not all of you in the first place! I'm glad for you and hope things go really well :2thumbs:

I agree RK, I think Luke is trying to do the right thing and not hit on Rory while he's on the "rebound", or, in the case of when he first got there, while he was still dealing with his mom's death and having to move and everything. But you're right if he doesn't hurry up he might miss his chance.

Kevin

As usual, I agree with you mostly, Kevin, but I'm still not convinced that Luke likes Rory. I'm more with Bao on that issue. Danny, I heartily echo Kevin's comments to you.
Seth is my new favorite character. I think he's adorable. He's shy and he's honest (yes, he is honest!), and he's trying to figure out how to get Rory to like him. He appears to be manipulative because he's so unsure of himself. He has a kindred spirit in Rory -- both of them having been used by Aaron. Luke was, too, but Luke is a different sort of character. Luke and Rory don't belong together. Luke and Rory are allies; they will become a bulwark against the world -- Jase, Eddie, Aaron and the other interference of the world. Mind you, I've come to like Eddie and Jase, and I think Aaron will get the help he needs and will turn out to be a good guy; but untrusted. No, Seth is cute and I like him. He and Rory deserve each other (for more reasons than one).

And Monopoly is the perfect game. You can learn a lot about how aggressive a person is going to be, how forgiving he can be, how laid back he can be and how inept he can be. And it lasts a long, long time. Lots of time to talk. You can take breaks. You don't have to finish it (unless you're an anal-retentive Type-A personality). No sex this time; this little interlude is to get to know one another. Seth knows what he's doing. And it's not only to get into Rory's boxers. I think Seth has feelings for Rory, and right now he feels sorry for all that Rory has been through. This is to put him at ease, and to try to convince Rory that he (Seth) can be a friend, and comfort, and (eventually, but not just now) a tremendous source of sexual release (think Mt. Vesuvius).

Journeyman

Yes, yes, yes!!! Even to the prediction about Aaron (... perhaps). Seth's suggestion of Monopoly is a master stroke.
I'm not sure what will happen next. I suspect the current Rory/Seth boom will last about as long as last chapter's Luke/Seth boom. I also wouldn't be completely surprised if Aaron is still sleeping it off at Seth's. And Eddie finds out. And...
Again, I really don't think Seth would do that to Rory. It smacks too much of what Aaron did to them both.
I think Seth is protecting Rory's feelings. Whatever Aaron has said probably isn't flattering or is just embarassing. Seth feels that Rory has been hurt enough by Aaron, why add to it?

What he said. :D

Sharon

Amen, again, Sharon. See above. Now ... I can read chapter 22! :2thumbs: