Like I said, I don't think someone who you treat like dirt who invites you in for juice and monopoly can be all that bad.

:P:boy: Maybe Seth's just this huge monopoly freak; determined to get his "fix" no matter what. I mean let's face it, once you've had a hotel on Boardwalk, everything else in life just slips into the background.

AND I bet he's trying to learn his mom's secret recipe for that juice so that he can bottle it, and sell it (I mean he's into monopoly so clearly he fancies himself a businessman). He probably just wants Rory around so that he can rope him into his business venture. :boy::P

So is Seth trying to manipulate Rory now? I can't help but see something insidious in that smirk of his... or is he generally being a nice guy?

But here's another thought. I can't help but feel that Seth is manipulating Rory ever so slightly. Something all the suitors are guilty of. Luke included. (I'm sorry, no matter what Luke's intentions were, he still attempted to manipulate Seth. But Seth saw through that. Interesting. Not the first time he's been manipulated perhaps...)

Well on the first point; given the timing and what was said. I'd say it's Seth's attempt to flirt with Rory, kinda finally let him know he's interested. I mean what it boiled down to in my mind was:

"Just tell me and I'll quit bothering you."

**Flirty smile** "Who says you're bothering me?"

If anything Seth needs to work on his flirting, or Rory needs to work on his ability to take hint (Let's face it, it's gotta be this one! ;) )

As for the second point. Yes I think Seth is manipulating Rory up to a point. But I think his intentions are better, and he's probably not doing it on purpose. Also I think he's just doing his best to relate to Rory; he probably doesn't have the emotional skills or sophistication to handle it any better. But yeah Seth fans/Grandma Alice critics, should take note of the extremely similar way Seth just handled the situation.

"Just tell me", "are you warm enough dear?"

"Just tell me", "Let's play monopoly"

P.S. Ann: I just don't see an attitude from Rory

***hand's Lostone his glasses*** :P:boy:

hehe j/k.....but what about the way he treated Eddie in this chapter? Especially his behavior in the attic.....I'm not saying it's not understandable to some extent, but definitely not a nice way to treat someone.

So pretty much this whole chapter I just wanted someone to grab Rory and give him a hug while he cried. First I thought it was going to happen when Luke came and met him at the pool. Then I thought for sure it was going to happen when he and Eddie were in the attic and Eddie actually did give him a hug. Then I thought maybe when he went to see Seth he'd finally break down and start crying.......but no. The poor kid definitely needs to work on accepting support and comfort from people.

As a side ramble; I think Rory needs more hugs in general. I mean TLW was a very huggy story, it was like everytime Owen turned around SOMEONE was hugging him whether it was one of his brothers, Aiden, Ryan, Lacy, or even Nicky. TOU had a fair number too. Especially between Bree and Quinn, or Jude and Quinn. As far as I can remember, this one in the last chapter was the first time we heard about Rory getting hugged. Unless you count his dealings with Aaron, which I really wouldn't, I mean obviously those embraces weren't very emotionally satisfying. It's no wonder Rory didn't recognize the hug at first.

Anyway great chapter, and while I wouldn't necessarily mind Rory and Seth seeing each other (not right away, Ann's right, it's too soon and Rory is too vulnerable right now), I think it would be awful for poor Luke (who I still think is better for Rory). But anyway I hope Rory is able to move on, past Aaron, and hopefully begin to sort stuff out. I know many people, myself very much included, have been hard on Rory and how's he handled things. But really if you compare him to Quinn, he's handling his problems much better, and I really do think his problems are more serious and numerous than Quinn's.

Take care everyone and have an awesome day,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that this is my favorite quote in the chapter followed by:

Anyways, Rory brought up a valid question during the chapter: Is Seth a red head?

When will you let us know, Dom? The suspense is nearly too much.

I hope so! Blondes and redheads are so hot! LOL I can't stand it when guys with pretty hair hide it under baseball caps....such a waste :thumbdown:

:P:P

I love Chapter 21 expecially the end. I could most definatly see Rory and Seth together, and who knows what will happen up in the room 0:) . But like alot of other people I find myself torn between seth and Luke. As far as Aaron goese he dosent even register on the rictor scale to me. I mean maybe at a time, but he is in my oppinion all the words in the book. Some may say he was drunk and did not know what he was doing, or that Seth is just lying. But i dont go for it.

From far back I had the fealing that Seth was a decent guy, and my fealings seem to be correct. But who knows Dom can throw a curve ball at us. I wouldent mind seeing seth and Rory together.

On another note I think that luke is a great guy but I think that if Rory is indeed this mistery guy he is interested in that he doese need to inform Rory before it is to late. Yes Rory may be an idiot for not noticing, but if i recall accuratly Luke did kind of put that doubt in Rorys mind when the family first found out about Rory being Gay.

I would like to also say aside from the Story I greatly enjoy Reading all of the stories. Dom you most definatly have a talent in writing and always have people (obviously) coming back for more. I also enjoy reading your Blogs, I more often than not find myself laughing out loud. My Boyfriend looks at me like ive gone mad. :blink:

I would definatly say that you are one of my favorate writers along with Josh Aterovis, Christopher Patrick Lydon and Christopher Rice. Keep up the great work. :worship:

Tiff

OTRFK_ Only The Ring Finger Knows.

Cant spell sorry

Ok.

And I'm still waiting for Aaron's explanation. You know that's coming. It's not being thrown out there just to tantalise. It's not like Owen moving past needing to talk to his parents. This wounds too recent, and it's too close to home for it not to be returned to.

Like I said.

Confused.

Aaron's explanation I do want to hear, but I have a fealing it will lead to nothing but bad things. on one side he will tellRory that he did not mean what happened at the party, and that what seth sais may have bewen true one , it is not any longer. With Rorys, dmay I say fragile state he may forgive Aaron and take him back and that i beleive will just lead to future heart break and lying, not only with them two but the whole family.

Then there is the posibility of Aaron completely blowing us away and telling Rory that he never felt anything for rory and hurting Rory further because as we see He already doese not want to exept that.

And then there always he never doese get an explanation and he anways has the what ifs and a lack of trust with future relationships. I know I am so negative.

But on another noteI must say that all in all Aaron just likes to use people and Rory will eventually hopefullysee it completely. I think someone should give Aaron a little of his own medacine, See Negativew and Vengfull :devil:

hmm...i think we're all giving seth a little too much credit by saying that he wants to manipulate rory at this point in the story. i mean, what if seth's just as mixed up and confused and lonely and heartbroken as rory is? c'mon now...he's a teenager! he's probably just dealing with all the drama the best way he knows how and that doesn't automatically mean he's going to A ) jump rory's bone or B ) play mind games.

i think seth and rory are a lot alike...especially since they're both so introverted. i'd really like to know what goes on in seth's mind, tho...and for the record, i still think he's a rat.

and OMG!! i'll have to admit, this was a very good chapter, but am i the only one who's just a little disappointed that aaron didn't get carried out of that party on a stretcher? that boy needs to get his ass kicked by someone..soon!..because that's the only way anything will stick in that rotten brain of his..*pouts*

*sighs* ugh...well, it's off to work for me! *considers calling in sick so i can :sleep: *

Haha figured it out on my own. *sigh* Now I won't kill the nearest living thing. Seems Vic was right about me being addicted :funny: . I wonder what Seth is getting at now... Sorry I skipped all of the other posts in my frustration over the grief the web page was giving me earlier, and being that it is 5:41 am, I'm gonna hit the the sheets now instead of catching up :P

Hey there!

First poster here, and I've just got to say this...even tho its in the DD21 thread...

Dom, your stories have helped me out not just on those days where I desire for imagination and fantasy....but you have also helped me in life. Being a confused...ambiguous teen (on life and my sexuality) has been tough. I also recognize that other have it worse out there, and you guys have probably gone through this exact process as well...but figuring out if you're gay or not...coming out to your friends or family...is a huge/intimidating step in life...and as I continue reading your great stories and continue discovering new possibilities/outcomes of a "coming out"...I find myself truly in your debt...for I have grown as a person from reading your stories, and also in coming in terms with myself:

Whatever I may be, straight or bi or gay (but I suspect the latter...or else why would I be on the GA site? :P ) it's not who I am. It's a part of me, but it does not define me...just like Jude put it so easliy.

Thank you for all of your wonderful stories...and thank you for improving my life that much more....Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I owe you so much more than you could ever imagine. :worship:

-Danny

P.S. Love the new chapter of DD...gosh why can't Luke just tell Rory about his feelings? Ugh...so frustrating! :lmao: keep on chuggingn dom! you have soo many people who's lives you've touched!

Edited by Danny

(First time Domaholics post)

Maybe I'm just way too trusting (I'll admit, I was part of the "give Aaron a chance" crowd for a while), but I'm not seeing any dark intentions in the Monopoly game. I'm guessing that since pretty much all of Seth's conversations with Rory have ended with Rory storming out in an even worse mood than when they started, this is an attempt to anchor him in for a while, as well as act as a way to diffuse tension now and then. It would fit with the way Seth is handling Rory's outbursts at the moment - just changing the subject until he calms down, not letting himself get worked into a shouting match, because no one can beat Rory at shouting matches.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, like I was about Aaron, and Seth insists on playing strip-Monopoly. Then maybe Rory would end up with a grudge against the Parker Brothers, too ("The box said this game was suitable for all ages! You liars!").

So is Seth trying to manipulate Rory now? I can't help but see something insidious in that smirk of his... or is he generally being a nice guy?

Hey, double standard at work. :pickaxe: Luke smirks at Rory all the time. Often the best way to deal with his self-centered bitching and moaning. Unless Chapter 22 reveals TLS in the bedroom or strip Monopoly, I'm with Seth.

Edited by oahu
ooooh, up to the bedroom indeed...I can't wait to find out what happens in the next chapter!

They play Monopoly????

It's Seth's chance to spend time with Rory. If they can manage to not bicker, maybe Rory will see that Seth's not so bad, they talk a little, get used to each others company, plan the wedding.....

Sharon

Welcome lostone, rekop1, & Danny!!!!!! Glad you took the plunge and made your first posts about Ch 21. If you will be regular visitors, you should start thinking about your PSO (Post Sign Off).

'smiles' is already taken by Dom

'kisses' is used by NickolasJames of the infamous NJ awards

'Take Care' is used by both AFriendlyFace and myself (we'll be settling who gets exclusive use of it by either a sudden death game of wrestling, monopoly or Soduku).

Welcome again!

Take Care,

Vic the Domaholic

They play Monopoly????

It's Seth's chance to spend time with Rory. If they can manage to not bicker, maybe Rory will see that Seth's not so bad, they talk a little, get used to each others company, plan the wedding.....

Sharon

Come on, now. I think that's getting a little ahead of ourselves. If Rory is Luke's mystery guy I feel bad for him. Maybe he was waiting for Rory to be in a better place after Aaron, now Rory's over at another guys house who seems to like him?

Luke's such a great guy, I'm really worried for how it turns out with him in the end.

Rory is just a prissy little drama queen. He isn't happy unless he is fighting with someone. Him and Aaron were always fighting. When they weren't fighting they were kissing. He fights with his grandma, his father, even luke and Dave. The only one he dosen't fight with is Chey.

Aaron probably told Seth that the way to win his heart is to argue all the time! :blink:

Good morening all, well not exactly morening anymore is it.My bayfriend and San let me sleep in (its a mirracle) :2thumbs:

There are so many comments since last night that I would asree with , you all makegood points and now i am just confused and wondering to find out. :blink:

Like that Seth is just as confused as Rory I can see that and agree with that.but i also see him inviting Rory up to the room toplay Monopoly to defuse the situation ( as said before) as well.

But then I agree that I like Seth alot to and cant help tothink is getting the short end of the stick. That is why I say like my last post that Luke should go ahead and tell him quick.

But then I agree that I like Seth alot to and cant help tothink is getting the short end of the stick. That is why I say like my last post that Luke should go ahead and tell him quick.

I meant to say Luke Sorry

Good morening all, well not exactly morening anymore is it.My bayfriend and San let me sleep in (its a mirracle) :2thumbs:

:blink: I told you Im just woke up I meant Boyfriend and SON

oh thank you Bao

Edited by OTRFK

Hi all^^

I was hoping for some bloodshed ;_; but I guess it was unlikely ^^;; (the parental supervision was too effective ;_ ;)

too bad Aaron did not get kicked down there ...

It's true that it looks like Rory has a hard time having any "calm" conversation with quite a few people... He's still quite annoying and bratty sometimes, but seeing him rejecting Aaron makes me go a little softer on him ^_^ there is hope! (even though, a few posts earlier, hi_college_guy showed a very convincing proof that he is still unable to say no and actually mean it ;_ ;)

I do hope that he will end up with someone, to be honnest, I guess I'd be (more than) a little disapointed if he ended up alone at the end of this story ^^;;

I love Luke and I wish he'd be "the one" for Rory, but I guess Seth might be OK, we'll see, we don't know him very well yet.

see you all'

annushka

It seems like Luke is handling the situation much in the same way that I would. Waiting for some kind of sign from the other party that tells him that the plows have already cleaned and salted the roads before throwing caution to the wind and confronting his desires. Only he gets a little frisky sometimes and does a striptease now and then, and sits on his desires' stomach. Me? I ignore it until it goes away because it tends to be the case that 'I' am the object to be desired when I am somehow close to the other person... not the other way around *sigh*

The unfortunate effect of this waiting is that the sign might never come because the other person more dense than rock. In which case, before he knows it, Rory is with someone else. He probably figures that he has to wait that week and a half for the grieving process to end before he tests the supposedly salted roads.

As far as I can tell, the point Dom is trying to make is that Rory isn't too reliable as a judge of character. His opinions of almost everyone are always changing. He never seems to make up his mind. Granted, some events change his opinions, and rightly so, but he (and as a result the readers) aren't sure who we should trust.

Personally, I feel like an idiot for ever feeling that Aaron was anything but bad, but that was my own stupidity.

Fish,

Conflagration