I'm an iPerson

Hayden L

plastics are coming

Apple’s upcoming low-cost iPhone will reportedly launch later this year alongside the new iPhone 5S, and it may be in short supply when it does. According to unnamed supply chain sources speaking with Digitmes, Apple is prepping a new plastic iPhone model that will target emerging markets. The handset will seemingly feature a 4-inch display and an Apple A6 processor, and it will be manufactured by Foxconn and Pegatron.

According to the report, the handset will be in short supply at launch, with quarterly shipments totaling just 2.5 million to 3 million units as Apple tests the market’s response. This wouldn’t be the first new Apple device that launched in short supply, though Digitimes’ logic seems curious at best; previous supply shortages have been the result of high demand and manufacturing difficulties.

iphone-3gs-white-back.jpeg?w=618

oh here we go again apple fighting healthy free market competition rather than continue on with product innovation
hopefully such proceeding will be stalled until next year so we can see how many people prefer samsung this year 

gosh isn't it excessive to a CFO 69million in salary? i wonder what the next highest earns?

Apple takes fight to Google, wants Android source code in Samsung lawsuit
Samsung's cash pile triples in one year, now worth $28.5B after debt
Apple rewards finance chief with $69M pay in 2012, highest of any CFO
Judge allows Apple and Samsung to add devices to patent suit
Apple says second Samsung patent suit 'must proceed now'
Apple looks to add Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1, Google's Jelly Bean OS to lawsuit
Apple's second suit against Samsung may be postponed until appeals court ruling
Google prepping software patch to help Samsung dodge Galaxy Nexus injunction

Edited by hh5

so will the iphone have better communication reception?

I heard that all smartphone the communication quality is the same = not that great

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Cheap iPhone To Launch In September: Morgan Stanley

iOS 7 showing up in Web traffic logs ahead of public reveal

T-Mobile Sells 500,000 iPhones in First Month

iPhone5Press-07-900-90.jpg

Apple iPhone 6 reportedly shows up in Vodafone UK inventory listing

Design exploration what a future iPhone 6 might look like.

0005.jpg

The iPhone 6 will finally do NFC

The iPhone 6 will run iOS 7

iPhone 6 storage, so why not a 128GB

00001.jpg

two iPhone 6 home button

iPhone 6 processor, quad-core A7

iPhone 6 camera, 13-megapixel sensor

iPhone 6 eye tracking, probably from uMoove.

The new iPhone will have better 4G LTE,

iPhone 6 Wi-Fi may be 802.11ac

iPhone 6 wireless charging

Edited by hh5

• 1 month later...

here's the technical presentation

rough estimate prices
2 x Intel Zeon E5 => 2x425 => 850.00
DDR3 1866 32GB .............=> 279.00
AMD FirePro 2gb .............. => 430.00
heat sink n fan................... =>  80.00 
wifi stuff ............................ =>  45.00
casing .............................. =>  60.00

it looks like $1,744 in parts plus R&D cost and Apple Markup
not including hard drive, monitor, etc

dyson like design ... air flow from top to bottom ... low accumulation of dust ... easy to clean
thermal.jpg

Its a good design ... but it might have a hefty price ... probably a good time for those waiting to upgrade
Looks fine on a desktop ... not sure about putting under the desk ... esp w the hard drive

the public reactions I found ... its mixed and its a bit funny

tumblr_mo70dp0KnS1spnm0ro1_500.gif
613de897a8dbb2d08bf1055cbac4e9bd_fullsiz
back-to-the-future-Doc-is-refueling-Mac-
Bank-Drive-Through.jpg
macpro.jpg
I think the new Mac Pro is amazing! I'm looking forward to doing my audio/video work on that beast. I also think the new iOS looks great and think all the new functionality is really slick. Kudos to you Apple and all your hard work.
I want a Mac Pro sooooo bad!

Don't need one of course and can't possibly use all that power and style and certainly won't be able to afford the many thousands it will undoubtedly cost but still . . . . 
iYawn
The Mac Pro bar was set high but Apple managed to clear it in a style that brings back memories of the NeXT Cube - the first WWW server.  When you're talking about a traditionally ultimate compute experience a few thousand is just a thank you.
What does a Cube Shape have to do with a Tube Shape??!! However, they did say that they are thinking outside of the "Box" but they're now thinking in terms of the Tubular trash can shape... and we can see where their technology is headed towards!
2yyxhjo.jpg

Wow.  A new desktop shaped like a trash can.  A new era of iTrash!
I thought it was R2D2!  Seriously....look how well the cube design did...How about making it more affordable instead of rounding off the edges!
AAPL 438.89 -2.92‎ (-0.66%‎) => 438.13
The New Mac Pro looks freaking awesome.  It's about time someone put a bullet in the  out-dated workstation tower form factor. 
It looks like an outdoor space heater.  The space heater has a cool looking finish though.  
No new products, iBORING.
Apple just launched iBore
iFlush 1,699
437.60 -1.29 (-0.29%)
432.19 -5.41 (-1.24%)

f1370887342.jpg
249115_10151624837766210_108312775_n.png
kAhK0Q3.jpg

Edited by hh5

iphone 10

BWAHAHAHAH! We actually had a conceptualized idea back in college where the iphone 10 would be a holographic screen and simply a 10 inch foldable latex glass that could stick on your skin. It was also 10G that synchronises with your brain activity.

Well I'm no apple fan but I do have a macbook pro, a mac pro (sponsored by our company), an iphone 5, an itouch (a really old one that I can't seem to let go), and an ipad 3.

As for the new mac pro, I like the design. I could simply put it inside a sling bag, unless it's a 10 kilo machine.

But I've always perceived that macs are simply overpriced. I paid for a gaming laptop that's half the price of my macbook pro and it had better features of course. But it's just my two cents worth.

I do miss Steve Jobs though. Apple will never be the same without him. 

which would u pick iCar or OnStar or ILM?

Apple’s iOS 7 makes a bold move for the car dash, seeks to replace in-car infotainment

apple-logo-hyundai-dash-640x403.jpg

Well I'm no apple fan but I do have a macbook pro, a mac pro (sponsored by our company), an iphone 5, an itouch (a really old one that I can't seem to let go), and an ipad 3.

...I have a MacBook Pro, a MacBook Air and an iPod Classic, and I would definitely say I'm an apple fan, so I think we have slightly different definitions there....

...I have a MacBook Pro, a MacBook Air and an iPod Classic, and I would definitely say I'm an apple fan, so I think we have slightly different definitions there....

I've never been a fan of apple products due to its price. Even now, I have a bootcamp of windows 7 cause I'm still not used to os x mountain lion. I do like the retina display though. And the ipad was something I won at a company raffle, which I use to play games. And the iphone 5 is a company phone, but I mainly use my galaxy s3 for personal uses.

I'm not saying I don't like their products; however, I'm not a fan of their pricing strategy. 

I've never been a fan of apple products due to its price. Even now, I have a bootcamp of windows 7 cause I'm still not used to os x mountain lion. I do like the retina display though. And the ipad was something I won at a company raffle, which I use to play games. And the iphone 5 is a company phone, but I mainly use my galaxy s3 for personal uses.

I'm not saying I don't like their products; however, I'm not a fan of their pricing strategy. 

You get what you pay for, I think. I have never had the sort of problems with Apple computers as I have with other PCs. And as a musician I have a lot of use for the programmes you can get for Mac. To me, that's worth paying a little extra for.

You get what you pay for, I think. I have never had the sort of problems with Apple computers as I have with other PCs. And as a musician I have a lot of use for the programmes you can get for Mac. To me, that's worth paying a little extra for.

See, and that's just it.  My Mac cost a hell of a lot more than a PC would have, but I've had it for over a year now with NO problems.  No malware.  No need to remove a virus.  No crashing.  No lost files.  That's worth some green.

• Like 2

I don't remember the name but a survey was done on something like 500,000 laptop owners where the consumer was asked to rate how well windows ran on the machine.

The macbooks ran windows better then any of the "pc" laptops. 

Edited by iSimba

To each his own. I've never been fond of Mac when I used them at school. It took me three days to realize that there was no second click on the mouse. O_O I have an iPhone because I need to get to know it for work, but I prefer my Samsung any day. I've had my Dell desktop for about a year and a half now with no trouble so far, and it's only worth about $1000 (not sure, it was a gift). My last Dell lasted me for four-five years and it's still working, cause I gave it away to a friend. XD 

And Apple Care Plus is crazy. If you opt out of it, you have to pay for their technical support, and it only covers damage that Apple feels is worth replacing/fixing. It also doesn't cover theft or lost, so you still need to purchase insurance (phone) through Asurion anyways, which is an additional $144 (at T-Mobile) a year. I opted out of the $99 Apple Care and only got insurance on it. Who needs all that anyways? XP 

Edited by Arpeggio

I don't remember the name but a survey was done on something like 500,000 laptop owners where the consumer was asked to rate how well windows ran on the machine.

The macbooks ran windows better then any of the "pc" laptops. 

I can vouch for this. I ran Windows on my old MacPro, for gaming. Ran smooth as silk, I never had a single issue with it. 

To each his own. I've never been fond of Mac when I used them at school. It took me three days to realize that there was no second click on the mouse. 

There is now, you just have to set it in system preferences. With a trackpad, you can ctrl+click or, again depending on your sys prefs, click with two fingers.

so u don't have an anti-virus or security program?

See, and that's just it.  My Mac cost a hell of a lot more than a PC would have, but I've had it for over a year now with NO problems.  No malware.  No need to remove a virus.  No crashing.  No lost files.  That's worth some green.

a reason for the stock to go up ... based on considering ... rather than announcing

433.21 +1.02 (0.24%)
Real-time:   1:13PM EDT

Apple reportedly considering new colors and sizes for iPhones

Citing multiple unnamed sources, the report says Apple is looking at an iPhone with a 4.7-inch screen as well as one with a 5.7-inch display. That would be much larger than the 4-inch screen found on the iPhone 5, but it'd be perfectly in range with the 5-inch screen on Samsung's Galaxy S 4 and the 5.5-inch screen on the Galaxy Note II.

look at how much profit they make on an iphone5

is there a mistake in the press on 99 iphone?

how could one make it? assuming apple willing to make like 20 dollar profit

i doubt u can make it for 35 ?

Reuters: Apple mulling $99 multi-color and larger-screened iPhones

13.06.13-iPhone_5.jpg

According to Reuters, four people with knowledge of Apple's plans say the company is investigating a number of iPhone models for 2014, such as a $99 version, 4.7-inch and 5.7 iterations and models with color options other than black and white. 

19-09-2012-08-58-51.jpg

well thats 70.6% profit avg on the three models on avg price 750.00

i think usa sales last 9 months is 55.75mil => 74.33 mil for the year

est foreign sales at 75% => 55.75

est total ww sales => 130.08 million

( that sounds about right iphone5 did less sales than iphone4S )

est Total Sales @ 750 each => 97.56bil

less costs @ 221 each ........=> 28.74bil

profit ....................................=> 68.82 bil

USA profit per FS = 41.733bil * 68% / 3 products x 1.75 => 16.55bil

est other cost 52.27bil

profit per phone => 16.55/97.56 => 16.96% or 127.27

that be a guess

but I hear profit is 34% markup => 255.00 per phone

66% cost => 495.00

less 221 => 274 per phone for R&D, mfr, sales, good will, taxes, etc

ww profit => 255 x 130.08mil => 33.17bil

would that be a fair guess

Those numbers aren't even counting the cost that goes into research, development and marketing of the thing... These being things that Apple does spend an awful lot of dosh on.

Edited by hh5

Wow the companies didn't do so well this week during their conferences

AAPL did -3.4% for this week 444.70 to 430.00

EA did over -7%

SNY did over -1.8%

MSFT did -3%

so u don't have an anti-virus or security program?

I have never run an anti-virus software on any of my mac and never had any issues. As for security program, the built it security of the OS is more than enough...

look at how much profit they make on an iphone5

is there a mistake in the press on 99 iphone?

how could one make it? assuming apple willing to make like 20 dollar profit

i doubt u can make it for 35 ?

Surprised on how much profit is made?! well it's the same thing for virtually any electronic devices, you will have huge markup... As Thorn Wilde said, the cost of R&D is quite imposing.

i own nothing with an "i" in front of it, nor do we own anything technical decorated with fruit, particularly apples.

also, both my computer are named in pantheon, the little netbook is Hephaestus, the stand up PC is Brother Zeus

• Like 1

thats interesting ...

I guess msft never understood how to add such protection into their os

i find apple\linux os cumbersome ... my bro let me use his laptop to surf but when it came time to saving a file ... yuck

apple having 145bil / 4 yrs / 2 1/4 products => 16.11 bil each product per year or 36.25 bil per year

we don't know how much they spend on lawyers and patent defence 

that 145 is it just domestic ?

avg products per yr (4 iphone + 3 ipad + 1 mini)  / 4 = 2

(145 + 102) / 4 /2  => 18.135 bil each product or 36.25 bil per year

33.17 - 18.135 => 15.035 bil for lawyers and patent defence per product??

15.035 / 4 markets => 3.76 bil each market with lawyers n patents

(usa, eu, asia, SA)

I have never run an anti-virus software on any of my mac and never had any issues. As for security program, the built it security of the OS is more than enough...

Surprised on how much profit is made?! well it's the same thing for virtually any electronic devices, you will have huge markup... As Thorn Wilde said, the cost of R&D is quite imposing.

Edited by hh5