Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Slight delay

Sorry, but we're going to have a slight delay in posting the chapter, due to a certain nitwit (me) running into a technical issue (failure to properly use an E-mail program to send an e-mail... goats and computer programs are sometimes a bad mix). Due to this bungling on my part, a member of our team did not receive the chapter.

What happened (and I'm still trying to figure it out) is the e-mail didn't show up in either my Gmail outbox or drafts folders. It just wasn't there, and I'm positive I sent it. However, I then did a search on a phrase I'd used, and bingo, it showed up, but as a draft (unsent). 

Now what I should have done, and usually do, is make sure the email appears as sent when I send it. I failed to do that this time.

I apologize for the delay. I'll post it when I have it.

Since you didn't even mention the chapter name, it must give a lot of information.  Also since you continue to claim that you don't go near cliffs, your truthfulness might be in question.  Well that is a little too harsh, but with your creative numbering and calendar, you must have given too much information in the title, or you would have told us as you usually do. :music:  :music:

:music:

Since you didn't even mention the chapter name, it must give a lot of information.  Also since you continue to claim that you don't go near cliffs, your truthfulness might be in question.  Well that is a little too harsh, but with your creative numbering and calendar, you must have given too much information in the title, or you would have told us as you usually do. :music:  :music:

Okay, time to announce the next chapter title. It is "A Grand and Deadly Design".

In the mathematically and calender challenged goat's defence, he did give the title in the post of 15th February to the previous chapter's discussion.

I'm hoping for a painful, drawn out and deeply embarrassing end for Bridget - one can always wish, but so far she seems to have a better intelligence operation than many countries. 

Thank you for just proving that I never use cliffhangers or go anywhere near cliffs!!! :)  Why? Because I did post the title, "A Grand and Deadly Design", and thus, it must also be true that I never use cliffhangers?

Okay, time to announce the next chapter title. It is "A Grand and Deadly Design".

Yep!!

Um, caveat: Benji is right, it's "A Grand and Deadly Design", but I have a nagging suspicion that I incorrectly called it "The Grand and Deadly Design" somewhere in here. However, it is actually "A", like Benji said.

In the mathematically and calender challenged goat's defence, he did give the title in the post of 15th February to the previous chapter's discussion.

I'm hoping for a painful, drawn out and deeply embarrassing end for Bridget - one can always wish, but so far she seems to have a better intelligence operation than many countries. 

Does Bridget have a better intel opp than many countries? Yes... though it is not quite so good as what Pablo Escobar and the Medalin cartel had. They were tapped into credit card and banking records, government databases, police records, and even the schedules of politicians and officials (which they often used to assassinate them).  Escobar also had an arrangement with the M-19 guerrilla group, and used them to carry out some of his more outlandish attacks, just as taking over an entire block of Colombia's capital, Bogota, which was the Palace of Justice complex. During that attack and the resulting siege, most of Colombia's supreme court were killed or executed. Escobar did this mainly to destroy some evidence against him, though also as a show of power. He was indeed powerful; it took a concerted major US covert operation (including deploying Delta Force) plus the total commitment (including using illegal hit squads) on the part of Colombia's government years to break Escobar.

But I'm not mathematically or calendar challenged. For math, we're used Australian maths for the chapters taking place down under. We also used their inverted calendar (so we saw their Christmas happen in their summer) so why not their inverted mathematics? And speaking of calendars,  I'm simply using the Capran Calendar (Goat calendar). Should I use the Julian or Gregorian calendar instead? Or the Persian calendar, of the Hindu calendar, or the Chinese calendar? Or maybe the Mayan calendar? It is cultural insensitivity (and perhaps even racist!) in the extreme to say that a goat cannot use the Capran calendar!  0:)

I am however certainly e-mail challenged, of that there can be no doubt. But, in my defense, I'll mention that goats are notoriously bad at using e-mail programs.

Off in the distance I think I see the villagers gathering with pitchforks and torches...sounds like chanting - something about goats and cliffs...

;-p

I don't honestly know how long. It could be hours, or days. The team member I screwed up sending it to is sometimes offline for days at a time, so there's really no way to know for sure. I do promise to have it online within two hours of getting it though.  (As Low Flyer says, we're on a tight schedule to get this finished before the end of 2012, and we're already deep into December.)

I am truly sorry that I caused this mess. I should have checked my outbox to make sure it sent, and I didn't. (I usually do, but I forgot). I also should have checked to make sure it arrived. As my team will surely attest, I'm known for my paranoia regarding e-mail vanishing en route, but in this case, I didn't check. :*)

But, look at the bright side; at least we had a nice, restful pausing point at the end of the last chapter.

• Site Moderator

Common Linguistic Interpretation Firmly Fixes Historical Amnesia Narrating Goats Enduring Reply (C.L.I.F.F.H.A.N.G.E.R)

Unfortunately, this wouldn't fit the person who will win the title from CJ this year..

Sometimes a delay can be a good thing.... :lmao: This one has given me another chance to go over Arnolds message on the tape  one more time...

Bridget has lots of machinations going on at the moment in the story regarding the destruction of the "other" cartels and she is a stickler for having "all" the information to defeat her foes... But the message on the tape brings this assumption into a different light.. Quote:  "They are in the same business, so they know the operations and practices of their rivals better than law enforcement agencies could ever hope to.” Relying on his years in the courtroom, Arnold stared right into the camera as he delivered this, his sole lie on the tape." :whistle: Maybe Arnold knows a lot more about the cartels rivals than Bridget thinks she does... And just maybe this assumption of hers about superiority is just that.. An assumption and quite possibly a very fatal :devil:  one at that... Lets hope so! :)

cheers

Edited by Winemaker

I know it was the goat's fault the last to review/edit or whatever after this many days I think it safe to assume he/she doesn't want to review/edit this chapter or they would have by now.  Just a personal opinion and we all know they are like assholes and we all have one.   :sleep:  :sleep:

:sleep:

Life is Life

Each of us beta readers has a small but vital part to play.

We all have a life and responsibilities Outside!

In the past, I have been one of those asseholes.

Why because like a lot of people I cannot use personal e mails at work.

And I have been away from my home computer,

I have been on Holiday,

I have been away on company business,

I have had to deal with family responsibilities,

Busted Computer,

The customer want it now not in six months as agreed and I have been too tired,

My available time on the intranet has not meshed with CJ,

Currently I have waited twice as you have for my weekly fix!

Life is Life, Smile and think of England(something pleasant? your responsibilities?)

• Like 2

Common Linguistic Interpretation Firmly Fixes Historical Amnesia Narrating Goats Enduring Reply (C.L.I.F.F.H.A.N.G.E.R)

But... um... goats are bad at acronyms.  

Unfortunately, this wouldn't fit the person who will win the title from CJ this year..

I am absolutely confident that I will not win this year, because I never, ever use cliffhangers.

Sometimes a delay can be a good thing.... :lmao: This one has given me another chance to go over Arnolds message on the tape  one more time...

Bridget has lots of machinations going on at the moment in the story regarding the destruction of the "other" cartels and she is a stickler for having "all" the information to defeat her foes... But the message on the tape brings this assumption into a different light.. Quote:  "They are in the same business, so they know the operations and practices of their rivals better than law enforcement agencies could ever hope to.” Relying on his years in the courtroom, Arnold stared right into the camera as he delivered this, his sole lie on the tape." :whistle: Maybe Arnold knows a lot more about the cartels rivals than Bridget thinks she does... And just maybe this assumption of hers about superiority is just that.. An assumption and quite possibly a very fatal :devil:  one at that... Lets hope so! :)

cheers

Arnold lied by exaggerating the rest of the cartel's involvement, but yes... Bridget hasn't actually seen the tape. She only thinks she knows what's on it. She's got the part about fingering operatives of other cartels basically right, but the fact remains; she does not know what's on that tape. We do, but she does not.

Our dear and beloved author shows us that it is best to manage the timing of the goat.

We have only requested the holy goat that the calendar does not end on 31 December 2013.

Nah... it would more likely end at the end of December, 2012... which we will reach in a few weeks.  :)

I know it was the goat's fault the last to review/edit or whatever after this many days I think it safe to assume he/she doesn't want to review/edit this chapter or they would have by now.  Just a personal opinion and we all know they are like assholes and we all have one.   :sleep:  :sleep:

:sleep:

The person in question hasn't been online in several days. I'm being vague because I know why, but it isn't something they've said publicly, so I don't want to do so without their okay. It's nothing to worry about; they are just not able to get internet for a few days, but I expect to hear sometime soon. I was hoping they'd get my e-mail before they lost internet, but it looks like I missed them by a few hours. (My timing utterly stinks).

To be absolutely clear: this mess is entirely my fault and no one elses. I managed to bungle up sending the chapter to the one person on the team I knew might be offline for several days this week, and further compounded my error by not checking in with them.  

There is a rumor that said person was one of the people who pulled off the huge diamond heist in Belgium earlier this week. I refuse to either confirm or deny that that's the reason for their current internettlessness. (I just hope they send me a few of those diamonds...)  0:)   

The other possibility is that they have the chapter, and it's so relaxing and restful that they have been snoozing for several days. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Life is Life

Each of us beta readers has a small but vital part to play.

We all have a life and responsibilities Outside!

In the past, I have been one of those asseholes.

Why because like a lot of people I cannot use personal e mails at work.

And I have been away from my home computer,

I have been on Holiday,

I have been away on company business,

I have had to deal with family responsibilities,

Busted Computer,

The customer want it now not in six months as agreed and I have been too tired,

My available time on the intranet has not meshed with CJ,

Currently I have waited twice as you have for my weekly fix!

Life is Life, Smile and think of England(something pleasant? your responsibilities?)

We all have offline lives that have to come first. A further problem is that I  often run late, and I'm also sometimes offline for several days in a row. This runnng-late issue is a major problem. If I was ahead in my writing, it could take a week or two to get a chapter back to me and no posting delay would result. However, the buffer I had before my trip in November and December was used to leave chapters to post while I was away, and I've never caught up.

As for this chapter's delay, there is a real silver lining; it's allowing me more time to get the final two chapters just right.

Today is December 84, 2012 in GMT (Goat Mean Time).

Indeed it is!

And there will be a chapter going up within the hour.

I've had the chapter back since yesterday, but I had some work to do on it for continuity with the next one.

Sorry to all for the delay.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..