Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+54) Final Rendezvous

Very good points! Yep, the prologue has been a key to many things. Are there clues in it to the ending? Yep.

One small problem with faking their deaths though; it's the same as why they can't make use of the witness protection program. Trevor and Shane, especially Trevor, are famous. They'd be recognized. But, it could work, though only if they were willing to live in total isolation for many years. A self-imposed prison, really. But it's possible... except for the last line of the chapter, because that would be a form of escape. :)

Lucky it was only speculation then...... ;) If there's no escape... then there can only be one other possibility for an ending that sees Trevor et al, able to survive Bridgets seemingly invincible force.... :devil:  Of course that involves the whole cartel being wiped out :lmao:  Luckily, Bridget has arranged for all the important players to be present :whistle: All those speed boats involved in a chase maybe and led into the path of one of the most powerful phenomenons on the planet. :chris:  Trevor has been very clever at arranging ruses that have fooled Bridgets minions into believing that he has headed one way, when he has not :P The reason that the whole cartel has to be annihilated is that if any "heads" are left with knowledge of Trevor etc then they(Trevor and Shane) would of course still be in danger of a hit for the rest of their lives.... :)

Edited by Winemaker

B) .........There is no escape, because of the storm inescapable, Would Trevor go into it?  Of course he would and will, he is a better seaman then the power boat people and has battered many storms, whereas the others have not. I think (actually excited about the prospect) the following boats will all go down in the storm and Trevor manages to get him and his crew out and away from it, after some time. Bridget losing her prized fleet will have no choice but to go after Trevor herself (30-06....30-06) :lmao: Her army diminished, her power gone with the cartel, and what is left of it is easy pickings for the other cartel.

B) .........There is no escape, because of the storm inescapable, Would Trevor go into it?  Of course he would and will, he is a better seaman then the power boat people and has battered many storms, whereas the others have not. I think (actually excited about the prospect) the following boats will all go down in the storm and Trevor manages to get him and his crew out and away from it, after some time. Bridget losing her prized fleet will have no choice but to go after Trevor herself (30-06....30-06) :lmao: Her army diminished, her power gone with the cartel, and what is left of it is easy pickings for the other cartel.

Like CJ mentioned to me benji that is still an escape... :) I agree though that Bridget would be very very vunerable if the rest of the cartel were destroyed or at least all those on her side. they all seem to have a pretty low opinion of the "Bruja" :lmao:  I betcha CJ has a great surprise ending that will turn every thing upsidedown :vic:

Another thought on this is that Dean passed about 60 miles south of Jamaica and it looks like the prevailing winds were east north east. So maybe some shelter would be available to Atlantis on the western side of Portland Point in say Carlisle Bay :lmao:  but even that would be a long shot as Dean was a cat 4 hurricane(I know it reached cat 5 but it was only 4 when passing Jamaica) with winds over 100 miles an hour... At least heading back that way after picking up Joel and Lisa they would only have two boats to deal with rather than the armada that Bridget has in the West  :devil: The 30-06 would certainly come in handy then..... :evil:

Edited by Winemaker

Like CJ mentioned to me benji that is still an escape... :) I agree though that Bridget would be very very vunerable if the rest of the cartel were destroyed or at least all those on her side. they all seem to have a pretty low opinion of the "Bruja" :lmao:  I betcha CJ has a great surprise ending that will turn every thing upsidedown :vic:

The problem with that argument is that any scenario in which Trevor (and Shane, Lisa and Joel, probably) survives would qualify as an escape. And if we rule all of them out, then the only scenarios left are ones where Trevor dies.

And I don't want to contemplate that.  :(

Edited by Low Flyer

The wait is killing me.

"The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach - waiting for a gift from the sea." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Edited by MikeL

Well it seems as if the end is indeed near! 

As I was reviewing the chapter, for the second time, an interesting thought came to mind.  We all know CJ has desires to eliminate characters on a regular basis.  He has multiple hints towards that throughtout the chapters.  We just can't decide who or what is next?!  I had a crazy thought that the next victim and the one that makes most sense is that proud, noncomplaining, loyal craft the Atlantis.  I know, it's hard to believe.  Trevor and Shane will direct Atlantis via autopilot into the raging sea, after, of course, they reattach the radar reflector; the cartel's flotilla will then run their vessels into the maelstrom and be history, :lmao:  Bridget will have little resources left! :2thumbs:  We will all be proud of Atlantis, a mission well served...  Meanwhile our boys will escape aboard the Zodiac, along with the 30-06, Makarov (for Lisa) and their anchor :thumbup: (Treasure Beach), head into shore and meet up with Joel and Lisa.   At that point they could try and make their way to safety, though I'm sure they will somehow find themselves back at the hotel where the finally will take place.  :battleaxe:  :sword:   Hopefully we will again see our stalworth vessel come limping home, in a few days, surviving the cat 5 south of the island where she was programmed to go, ultimately directed towards the GPS site of Joels beach landing.  Then all will be right in the world and our Tuesdays escape will be sorely missed :,( ...Thanks again for this amazing, fantastic and fun ride you have provided for us!!

Cool scenario, Rick!  Sounds very Cliff Jamesian.

B) ................Only problem with that is Trevor, he'd rather go down with his ship rather then lose her again. Would he do it to save his freinds? Good question! If he does I like the idea of the Atlantis surviving Dean and is found floating almost intact. 

Well 8-10 ten hours will tell when the new chapter pops up!!

Edited by Benji

I could live without Atlantis. It seems a shame when she's only just been refurbished but the boys do own two boats, after all, and it's better than losing Trev or Shane. You might just have put your finger on it, Rick.

BTW, the next chapter won't be there tomorrow. At least, I'll be very surprised if it does because I haven't read it yet. Last I heard from CJ this morning, he was still working on getting perfect.

I could live without Atlantis. It seems a shame when she's only just been refurbished but the boys do own two boats, after all, and it's better than losing Trev or Shane. You might just have put your finger on it, Rick.

BTW, the next chapter won't be there tomorrow. At least, I'll be very surprised if it does because I haven't read it yet. Last I heard from CJ this morning, he was still working on getting perfect.

<_< ...............GRRRRRR!, but he said if there were any delays he'd tell us, this last hour crap is crap!!

I do seriously apologize for the delays. I hope to get the next chapter into beta in the next 24 hours, but it's already too late to post Tuesday. I'm taking extra time on it to make sure I get it right. It's the next to last chapter of a project that's taken almost three years (wow... I still can't believe it's been that long!). However, instead of waiting for a week from Tuesday, it could be posted when done. I'm not sure yet. I'm doing all I can (I worked for eight hours on it yesterday alone, and close to 40 hours in the last week)

CJ did say that the chapter would be late :)

C J did say earlier that the next chapter would not be here on Tuesday.  He is working on it diligently...even pulled an all nighter last night.

• Site Administrator

Okay, here is my guess :)

I'm going with the simplest, which is some times the hardest to see.....

Hurricane Dean hits Jamaica and takes out all the cartel members  including Bridget and the First among equals (2 or 3 are not joining the fun). Meanwhile off the shore of Jamaica the following distress calls comes in:

“... Atlantis, taking on water... Mayday, Mayday, Mayday, twenty miles southeast of Jamaica, Sailing Yacht Atlantis, taking on water–” The transmission ended abruptly and all hails went unheeded.

So with the Cartel wiped out, and supposedly Trevor, Shane, Joel and Lisa all dead, we are all wrapped up :)

Rachel and Dirk pulled it off, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

:D

Edited by wildone

Okay, here is my guess :)

I'm going with the simplest, which is some times the hardest to see.....

Hurricane Dean hits Jamaica and takes out all the cartel members  including Bridget and the First among equals (2 or 3 are not joining the fun). Meanwhile off the shore of Jamaica the following distress calls comes in:

So with the Cartel wiped out, and supposedly Trevor, Shane, Joel and Lisa all dead, we are all wrapped up :)

Rachel and Dirk pulled it off, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

:D

B) ............ I love it Steve, especially the distress call, but I doubt Bridget is going to go out there. She expects her minions to do the work, when that fails she will take the task at hand herself, as she has said before, 'if you want it done right you have to do it yourself'. I've seen what a M-16 can do to a metal ammo box with small hole in the front and a large hole in the back (4-5 inches around) . Same as a AK-47 they use the same rounds. But they don't have the distance that a 30-06 does, nor the firepower when the round hits its target as if I remember right Trevor got high powered armor piercing shells. If the round were to hit a power boat that bounced up in the front at each wave, the target is large and bound to be hit in the front, the holes blasted may hit the driver of the boat, in the feet. A good thing for Bridget, maybe she will be hit in her feet and momentary throttle back a bit and slow.  Either way the boat will have too many holes if hit and will sink rapidly. 

If a high flying powerboat races to fast they will encounter waves and will be momentarily suspended in midair, leaving a clear shot even if a spray of 4 - 3 got in, two more shots and it is all done, the weapons the powerboat has cannot reach the Cat.

• Site Administrator

Didn't Bridget say she would be on the water with her minions? It was the First that said he could do more from ashore then heaving off the stern of the boat. Dean took lives on land and sea around Jamaica.

Semantics!!! It didn't say WHO wouldn't escape.....and, as always.....we weren't told everything. We don't know what Gonzalez is doing, we don't know what Frank is doing, and we don't know where Kookaburra and Rachel are.....so anything can happen. Additionally, there's 2 boats behind, 6 boats ahead and all the rest are going in to take the resort....which means they will be out of the fight if the hurricane arrives....it's all about timing......Bridget has a window of opportunity, maybe it is she who will not escape this time. If the hurricane lands, they will not need to "escape" her, she will lose her advantage and then many other things come into play. It's when Trevor doesn't escape that he manages to blunder into the most fortunate of opportunities!

Additionally, with a hurrican inbound, the military will sail the ships out of Gitmo....putting them in motion on the seas......Bridget won't know exactly where they are, but her plan to flee southwest and then south may very well put her on a collision course. I know she's wily and in small boats, etc.....but she's also been rather lucky......AND those weather reports are not completely accurate....the storm is bigger/stronger than thought........"this time there will be no escape"

Hello......any ideas when "Doomsday" will be posted??? i knew it wouldn't be Tuesday but I got the impression it wouldn't necessarily go out on a frequently repeated schedule thus maybe not have to wait until next Tuesday.....maybe it comes out as soon as it's gone through all the hoops....???

• Site Moderator

As one of the beta readers, I've not seen it yet. Generally, when he sends it to me he'll have it back in a few hours. When time permits, I'll go thru it while at work.

I'm catching up on some sleep, due to having put in several all-nighters finishing up Doomsday.

It will post when I get it back from all members of the team.

I apologize for the delay, but I had to get it right. It's the next to last chapter.

The only thing I can say about the chapter is it's big. It's the length of 3 chapters.

I'll come back to the thread tomorrow, but for now, I need some sleep. :)

The only thing I can say about the chapter is it's big. It's the length of 3 chapters.

I'll verify that it is longer than usual. It was 36 pages as a word document and is well worth the wait.

It is a long chapter and I think everyone will appreciate how well written it is...lots of action.  Set aside a little extra time when you start reading; it will be time well spent.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..