[Adam Phillips] Crosscurrents, Chapter 34

The next chapter of Crosscurrents, which is the next-to-last in the story, not counting the Epilogue, has now been posted:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/adam-phillips/crosscurrents/34

Andy and Matt juggle student life with real life and loving each other with loving their two other SigOths...how does that all work in the real world?

I hope you enjoy it. The next chapter, God willing, won't be near as long in coming.

Andy and Matt truly made the right choices in picking their respective spouses.

And it's incredible when you think that this is in 2002 Texas- in a time where there wasn't a single place in the United States where gay people could get married. That Julie was able to set aside whatever conceptions she might have been taught about gays/bisexuals and just let herself work it out to be able to get to the point where she could take a picture of her fiancee kissing another man...man.

These women were just all of 22, and so damned impressive in how they came to handle a very unorthodox situation, once Julie was finally able to wrap her head around it. Because this was never going to work unless Julie didn't just tolerate Andy's sexual bond with Matt, but respected and encouraged it. Otherwise, Andy would have felt like the confused queer who dragged his straight buddy into being gay with him, and therefore would have kept trying to push Matt away from him like he did at the end of chapter 33.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 1 month later...

Adam.. Please do not break my heart with the ending. I need those two together. I've never been this emotionally involved with a story. Dying over here. Ugh.