Hey all!!

So, this whole section seems to be slightly dying. I thought I'd try to revamp it just a bit. 

It's that time of the year where you can turn the TV on and find some of America's great pastime on... Baseball! Be prepared for ESPNs Top 10 plays to consistently include spectacular catches, walk off homeruns, and nasty curveballs. 

I am SO excited for this year of ball, and already have tickets to a few games myself. Anybody else as excited for this year as I am?! 

:D 

• Like 1

I am! I like me some Reds Baseball! Joey Votto, Zach Cozart, just to name a few. :) It also means that we are saying goodbye to winter and coming into my favorite times of the year, Spring and Summer. So Baseball is really welcoming.

I am definitely happy that baseball is back.  Being Canadian, my hopes are for the Blue Jays, but I'll watch any team anytime. 

Toronto fans have big expectations this year, for obvious reasons.  We lost the season opener last night to the Indians.  It's not great having a good knuckleballer (RA Dickey) if you don't have a player who can catch it..  Three passed balls in last night's game.  Anyways, we'll go at it again tonight.

I also caught the Giants - Dodgers game last night.  Madison Bumgarner pitched a great game - like a 3-hitter.

While I was watching the Giants-Dodgers game, all of a sudden my tv screen was full of Yu Darvish of the Rangers pitching in the 9th inning with one out.  I quickly surmised, thanks to the announcer, that Darvish was pitching a perfect game.  I guess my network decided this was important - definitely a good call.  Darvish got the second out but, unfortunately, the next batter got a hit.  I wanted to cry for Darvish but I was all cried out from watching the Jays earlier.

• Like 3

My Cardinals are now 1-1 with Waino having pitched in the home opener but we lost that game.  :,(

I have been tied up with the wake and funeral of my uncle so I am looking forward to actually getting to see some games! :P

Vince Scully did the play-by-play for last night's Dodger game.  He's in his 64th season as the sportscaster for the Dodgers.  He's 85.  :o  He started in 1950; the Dodgers were still in Brooklyn.  Now apparently he doesn't do all the games anymore....but still.  I think I can safely say he enjoys his work.

Anyway, Scully told an interesting story about last night's Dodgers starting pitcher, Hyun-Jin Ryu (South Korea).  He pitches left-handed, but he's actually right-handed.  He writes and eats with his right hand.  When he was a kid, his father mistakingly (at least I'm thinking it was in error) bought him a right-handed glove.  So, yeah, he learned how to pitch left-handed.  Very odd.  Last night's game was his major league debut.  He came to the Dodgers on the posting system.

Edited by Conner

Reds lost their opener, Votto walk off win last night. :D they are saying the Angels are the favorite for the World Series - I think it is a bit early.. :P 

The Cards are 2-3 and our home opener isn't until Monday. 

We had beautiful weather all this week and next week is supposed to be rainy, go figure. 

The first game I will be attending is a week from today!

Go Cards! :krista:

The Cards are 2-3 and our home opener isn't until Monday. 

We had beautiful weather all this week and next week is supposed to be rainy, go figure. 

The first game I will be attending is a week from today!

No no no no no... R-e-d-s REDS REDS REDS! :D 

Cards win again today!  

What did the REDS do to them CARDINALS? Huh.. I think they put up a crap ton of offense... slapped y'all silly.  :lmao:

What did the REDS do to them CARDINALS? Huh.. I think they put up a crap ton of offense... slapped y'all silly.  :lmao:

We did win yesterday and we were winning today until the disaster of the 9th inning.  But it's a long season.  Last year we won the series against the Reds and by the end of the season we should do it again.  But it is baseball, injuries happen and anything is possible.  That's what makes it so special when a winning season ends with a pennant and trip to the World Series where we have Won eleven times!

Well the three game opening series with the Reds is over.  

While we lost the first game in the 9th inning, we won yesterday 5-1 and today we won 10-0. 

So I guess the Cards are doing ok so far! 

GO CARDS! 

Exciting ending to the Giants - Cubs game today (in Chicago).  Cubs were leading 2-0 coming into the ninth.  The Giants scored 3 in the top of the inning.  Sergio Romo, the Giants closer, comes in to pitch the bottom.  Cub fans are thinking their usual bad thoughts.  Romo blows it as the Cubs score 2 and win.

• Like 1

Cards took 2 out of three from Cincy including a shutout on Wednesday.  On Friday and Saturday they took the first two in the series agains the Brewers again with shut-outs.  These guys are stingy.  I was at the game on Saturday and the weather was sunny and perfect.  The stadium was full and Wainwright was beyond impressive.  Pitched the full game got the shut-out and also got 3 hits as well.  St. Louis really is baseball heaven. :krista:

Cards took 2 out of three from Cincy including a shutout on Wednesday.  On Friday and Saturday they took the first two in the series agains the Brewers again with shut-outs.  These guys are stingy.  I was at the game on Saturday and the weather was sunny and perfect.  The stadium was full and Wainwright was beyond impressive.  Pitched the full game got the shut-out and also got 3 hits as well.  St. Louis really is baseball heaven. :krista:

Ugh.. I knew when I opened my big mouth that the Reds would start to lose... :( but.. Votto is still my man. Mmmmm. 

Cards were shut-out tonight by the Pittsburgh Pirates before a paid crowd of less than 10,000 fans--9570 per ESPN.  By far the smallest crowd to see a Card's game this season.  At home they average 41,637.  On the road their average was 34,148.   No wonder they call Busch Stadium, the home of the Cardinals "Baseball Heaven!"

Edited by Daddydavek