CARDS win the Division Series and face the LA Dodgers on Friday at Busch Stadium in St. Louis.  

Pittsburgh played us tough and took a 2-1 series advantage before we tied it Tuesday at PNC Park with the young pitching phenom Wacha.

Tonight Wainwright and home field advantage were too much again.  

• Like 1

I don't believe there's a Division Series MVP, but if there were, I'd have to give it to Wainwright in the Cardinals/Bucs series.  He was simply magnificent.  Wacha taking a no-hitter into the 8th wasn't too shabby either.

Needless to say, the NL Championship series is shaping up real fine!

• Like 1

BWghn3uCEAA3LUx.jpg

That's Torii Hunter flipping over the wall into the  Red Sox bullpen after trying to catch David Ortiz' grand slam homer.  Red Sox came from behind (5 - 1) to win 6 - 5.  I like the reaction of the bearded Boston cop.  Hunter landed on his back, but was OK.

Here's the action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jPxNJItbrqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9FRvaMpgtvE

Edited by MikeL

I'm a Cards fan and I think we are destined for another trip to the World Series. xD

I agree, and I hope it's this year!

Absolutely NOT. :P The Reds on the other hand... :D

Edited by Krista

MLB heaven today.   Game 6 tonight Cards vs. Dodgers                   Cards lead series 3 games to 2.

The only thing better is the World Series!

109th WORLD SERIES DATE GAME

Wed., Oct. 23 Game 1: 8:07 p.m. ET at Boston or Detroit (FOX)

Thurs., Oct. 24 Game 2: 8:07 p.m. ET at Boston or Detroit (FOX)

Sat., Oct. 26 Game 3: 8:07 p.m. ET at LA Dodgers or St. Louis (FOX)

Sun., Oct. 27 Game 4: 8:15 p.m. ET at LA Dodgers or St. Louis (FOX)

Mon., Oct. 28 *Game 5: 8:07 p.m. ET at LA Dodgers or St. Louis (FOX)

Wed., Oct. 30 *Game 6: 8:07 p.m. ET at Boston or Detroit (FOX)

Thurs., Oct. 31 *Game 7: 8:07 p.m. ET at Boston or Detroit (FOX)

*If needed

Edited by Daddydavek

Stan Musial, the first ballot Hall of Fame honoree, and a Cardinal for his whole career wore #6 and his number was retired by the Cardinals years ago.   He died this year and the Cards all have a patch with the number six on the sleeves of their uniforms.   The Cardinals just won the National League Championship in six games.    I heard someone has forecast the Cardinals will win the World Series in six.   It would be  awesome if it could work out that we honor Musial (number 6) that way.  

DDK

• Like 1

CARDINALS vs. RED SOX will be an exciting series.  

The BoSox got through to the Tigers, especially their bullpen and I think St. Louis has a much better one.   Our young pitchers have been awesome so far, they just have to take it up to the next level!

This will be the 4th meeting of the two teams in a World Series and St. Louis leads the series 2-1. 

October Baseball!    World Series Baby!

• Like 3

"World" Series??? :lmao::rofl:

Guys, guys ... this is the World :funny: :funny:

Rotating_globe.gif

Well considering professional baseball leagues in other countries would be consider minor leagues at best in the US, I think its safe to say that whoever wins the World Series would have no problem defeating any other country's champion. 

• Like 1

The world is a much smaller place than it was 109 years ago when they first started calling it the World Series.  

In addition the major leagues do have players from about 20 different countries, notably from Latin America, Japan and Korea.  And let's not forget Canada which also has a franchise. 

• Like 1

Aww.. Cardinals had a bit of a.. meltdown didn't they? :D

Maybe the fact that they are in the World Series will smack them in the face before game two.... I bet Molina wanted to knock that 6'7" tall pitcher right on his ass when he called everyone off AND didn't make a move for that pop-up. Shew, that was terrible. It was nice though, to see the Umpires come together and get a call right. 

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox for convincingly winning Game 1 of the MLB World Series.  Getting to Wainwright early and then the sloppy defensive plays of the Cards was the difference.   Fenway is not your ordinary venue, that is for sure.  

• Like 1
Series                                                          RECENT   LAST    
appearances	Team	     League	Wins	Losses	Win %	win	appearance	Founded
40	New York Yankees	AL	27	13	.675	2009	2009	         1901
19	St. Louis Cardinals	NL	11	7	.611	2011	2013	         1882
19      San Francisco Giants    NL      7       12      .366    2012    2012             1883
18	Los Angeles Dodgers	NL	6	12	.333	1988	1988	         1883
14	Oakland Athletics	AL	9	5	.642	1989	1990	         1901
12	Boston Red Sox	        AL	7	4	.636	2007	2013	         1901
11	Detroit Tigers	        AL	4	7	.364	1984	2012	         1901
10	Chicago Cubs	        NL	2	8	.200	1908	1945	         1871
9	Atlanta Braves	        NL	3	6	.333	1995	1999	         1871
9	Cincinnati Reds	        NL	5	4	.556	1990	1990	         1869
7	Philadelphia Phillies	NL	2	5	.286	2008	2009	         1883
7	Pittsburgh Pirates	NL	5	2	.714	1979	1979	         1882

To give a little perspective on the various franchises and how they have fared in the World Series over the past 109 years.....

Edited by Daddydavek