Baseball is full of statistics and the more telling one is that most true fans love them!  

Cards win 4-2 and tie the series 1-1.  Now it heads back to St. Louis with game 3 Saturday night at 8:07 Eastern!

Edited by Daddydavek

I naturally have to cheer for the Red Sox here... I mean- look at my profile picture. Have you ever heard of a Brewers fan cheering for the Cardinals? Didn't think so... ;)

Go Red Sox!!

I always said Selig should have left the Brewers in the American League!

Can this World Series get any more bizarre? Game 3 ends on an obstruction call and then Game 4 ends with a runner getting picked off of First.  I can't wait to see what happens in Game 5 now. 

As a Boston Boy, I am cheering for my home team tonight.

If we win, I'll offer you some chowda' to the Card fans on here with some oysta' cracka' :P

Too bad we didn't do a MLB pool in here, could have been fun. (Another race between me and Tet for the championship :D )

With the series tied at 2 games apiece, it is now a best of 3 series.  Either team needs 2 to win.   Boston wants to win tonight and St. Louis must win tonight to have any realistic chance of winning the series.  I hope we get a game without stupid silly mistakes on the part of either team tonight.

No silly mistakes, but not much Cardinal offense. 

Red Sox win game 5.   Lead Series 3 games to 2.  Series moves back to Boston on Wednesday.

Edited by Daddydavek

Boston's David Ortiz is flirting with a World Series record. He's got 11 hits in 15 at-bats. That .733 batting average eclipses the rest of his team's. Boston players not named Ortiz are hitting .144. The Sox could wrap up the championship Wednesday. St. Louis hopes to extend the Series to a Game 7.

Can everyone say MVP?

Edited by MikeL

Ortiz is the only player with any claim to the MVP so far.   I am totally impressed.   He also handled playing first at Busch and made the plays.  

There has been a ton of great pitching from both sides.   

The Cards are still my team, but I concede they have a high hill to climb.  

Wainwright did well, but Lester was very good as well.

I think Wainwright should have just let Ortiz walk last game, the single gave us a lot of momentum that could not be matched by the Cards.

Ortiz should get MVP, but Boston will get our first victory at home. (We won our others world series on road games in 04 and 07)

With that we will no longer under the shadow of any curses, unless we do something stupid like trade Ortiz for Brian McCann (Don't do old patterns)

Edited by W_L

Wainwright did well, but Lester was very good as well.

I think Wainwright should have just let Ortiz walk last game, the single gave us a lot of momentum that could not be matched by the Cards.

Ortiz should get MVP, but Boston will get our first victory at home. (We won our others world series on road games in 04 and 07)

With that we will no longer under the shadow of any curses, unless we do something stupid like trade Ortiz for Brian McCann (Don't do old patterns)

I think that Matheny, Yadie and Waino underestimated the big Papi and he made them pay.   

There is still a game to play and I am not sure that the outcome is foreordained.  Mistakes have been made all around this series and to think that is all in the past is to underestimate chance.   If the Cards win, we play another one tomorrow.   If not, the Red Sox get to celebrate tonight.  Nothing is impossible, and this Cards fan still has a faint hope that our hitters will catch fire and smoke some.  Wacha tonight gives me some hope.  

I believe, for tonight at least, the Cardinals hopes rest with Michael Wacha.  If he equals his other post season appearances, it won't be a cake-walk for the Red Sox.  It's been a great series.  Tonight's game will only add to that.

• Like 1

I believe, for tonight at least, the Cardinals hopes rest with Michael Wacha.  If he equals his other post season appearances, it won't be a cake-walk for the Red Sox.  It's been a great series.  Tonight's game will only add to that.

Looks bad for Wacha right now

I'm starting to feel bad for you Cards fans

Edited by W_L