Hi people,

On my other story sites i have uploaded my longest novel 'Born Wolf' a book about a very unbalanced young man called Kurt and his incredible rocky relationship with his family, his pack, the wider environment and the boy who will become his mate. 

The story has been, dare i say it, popular. You may indulge here: Born Wolf on LitE

There are currently 10 chapters, topping 100k, and a mostly finished 11th chapter.

My question is, do i add the slightly long epilogue (chapters are between 11 and 13k and epilogue would be longer) and call it a day, or do i re work the last chapter, add in the unpublished stuff in chapter 11 and write the possible 'second book' which would be "Raising Wolf." I wanted to solve this issue before i started posting it on here so that it could be finished properly.

So, if you've read it, please dear god give me help, my Beta is away, and my other part time editor is MIA. In need of help.

SD xxx

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'm all for sequels. When I read the original ending of Born Wolf, I kept expecting there to be more. You gave us a resolution to Kurt's personal feelings about submitting to Tahryn, and some resolution within the pack structure. However, I just felt like it wasn't complete. I'd prefer to see a different epilogue and more story in the 'world'.

I'm all for sequels. When I read the original ending of Born Wolf, I kept expecting there to be more.

that's because there IS more. chapter 10 was not supposed to be the end, but chapter 11 was...tricky. if i do the second novel i will re-squish chapter 10 to give in the ending i wanted.

After finishing reading Born Wolf over the last two night, I must say I am enthralled! A sequel would be amazing; Born Wolf is one of the best werewolf romances I've read and hands down the best gay one. :D

• Like 1

:D

*glomp* thank you thank you thank you.

I swear anytime anyone tells me they like it i get a little dizzy with pride. those are my boys! *over excited hand gestures* so we are voting for a sequel?

• 2 weeks later...

I will endorse this project as long as I get a recipe for the spicy chocolate fondant.  I wanna know what Tahryn tastes like too!

I will spend some time with my kitchen to get the quantities right. this i will do for you.

Yay!  I had a huge reading binge for Born Wolf.  I think I read it all in one day.  I loved the story and would love a sequel.  As well as a revised ending.  The way things left off made me hankering for more toooooo badly.

Yay!  I had a huge reading binge for Born Wolf.  I think I read it all in one day.  I loved the story and would love a sequel.  As well as a revised ending.  The way things left off made me hankering for more toooooo badly.

Once Bad Stereotypes is done I will work on this at the same time as Cowboy Summer. i promise. x

AND PALACE LIFE.

*cowers* holy cow... i have most of another chapter of Palace Life finished already actually. the problem is that for me, i;ve been mucking around with these demons for 10 years. they are very fixed in my mind, so i can leave them and come back in six months and i know they'll be fine. i realise as a reader that will be very annoying, but for me, there i no pressure of "oh god i'm going to forget this if i don't get it down"

i will do my very best.

I have started reading Born Wolf.  So far I am really liking it and having a hard time putting it aside.  I look forward to more of your writing

thank you very much.

I can tell you that chapter 10 is going to be reworked for a "proper" ending and there will be a second book at some point

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sasha,

I just stumbled onto this posting. I'm going to start reading Born Wolf in a few minutes. But since you did the original post several months ago, I was first wondering if you've solved your dilemma about the last chapter, an epilogue, and a possible sequel. Gonna get started on the story now. (BTW, I'm reading another author from the UK right now as well. Ya'll have some delicious sounding dishes over there. I'd really like to try Lancashire hotpot, for instance. Anyway, take care!)

Edited by mickey1952
  • Like 1

Sasha,

I just stumbled onto this posting. I'm going to start reading Born Wolf in a few minutes. But since you did the original post several months ago, I was first wondering if you've solved your dilemma about the last chapter, an epilogue, and a possible sequel. Gonna get started on the story now. (BTW, I'm reading another author from the UK right now as well. Ya'll have some delicious sounding dishes over there. I'd really like to try Lancashire hotpot, for instance. Anyway, take care!)

I have not fixed the ending yet, but it's on the cards. we are currently editing for the chapters to go up on GA straight after xmas.

you're going to love Chaska's cooking.

Does this mean the missing editor is found?

I posted this so long ago, that i didn't have the lovely, wonderful, super editing team i have now. the chapters uploading to GA (starting right after xmas) have been picked over and fixed by the most wonderous Kitt as well as my pack-Beta in some form.

• Like 1

ladies, gentlemen, wolves and those of you yet to make up your minds - Born Wolf is edited and going up on GA.

You can read it here

And you can discuss it further here in my forum.