Please tell me that we are excited about this!

For the Us and those lucky enough to be too young to get into pubs... A pub crawl (Pub; like a bar, but  way more awesome) is part of the cultural British heritage of students and other young deliquents everywhere. if you are (un)lucky enough to live in a town with lots of pubs (see Lewes, East Sussex) this can take a very long time and fair few goes. we have been trying to do the pub crawl in our town on and off since we were all 18. we still haven't got up the top of the hill. 

• Like 1

Sorry but this looks like a total load of C***!   :funny:

Sorry, but are you blind? I have every expectation that this going to be awesome. After all, people said after the success of Shaun of the Dead that Hot Fuzz was never going to be as good and i believe it's even better.

Maybe Simon Pegg's humor only really appeals to the sort of people who understand pubs and grew up with Monty Python.

• Like 1

I'd rather be down the pub drinking a pint of Old Hooky with a bag of scratchings :P

Sounds like a proper night out.... change pub to the local Con (servative) club or RAF club and you're on!

Bah, you colonials will never understand! :P I for one am super excited! I think this movie is going to be awesome, and it gets extra points for having Martin Freeman in it because, well, Martin Freeman. *swoon*  <3

• Like 1

Bah, you colonials will never understand! :P I for one am super excited! I think this movie is going to be awesome, and it gets extra points for having Martin Freeman in it because, well, Martin Freeman. *swoon*  <3

We are so damn similar *also swoon*

• Like 1

What??

I *am* a colonial and I love Simon Pegg's humour. Plus, Martin Freeman is a good actor and a really nice guy to boot. What's not to like?

• Like 2

I can't wait to see this movie!!

Simon Pegg is a genius comedian and Nick Frost is wicked funny.

Martin Freeman has got to be one of the best actors around I reckon.

But it's kinda sad since it will be the last movie of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy.

What??

I *am* a colonial and I love Simon Pegg's humour. Plus, Martin Freeman is a good actor and a really nice guy to boot. What's not to like?

Well, you're still part of the commonwealth, that helps. ;)

Martin Freeman is a god, pure and simple. I would do dirty things to him, given half a chance. :P

Well, you're still part of the commonwealth, that helps. ;)

Martin Freeman is a god, pure and simple. I would do dirty things to him, given half a chance. :P

Oh, for sure. I got to meet him when he was here filming The Hobbit. I served him at my workplace and just about flipped out when *nobody* else recognised him when he walked into the store - freakin' ingrates, don't know fame when they see it! I really wanted to talk to him but I didn't have the nerve to say anything. I was also amused by the fact he's so short - I'm 6'1 so I was towering over him, lol.

Edited by Stellar

Oh, for sure. I got to meet him when he was here filming The Hobbit. I served him at my workplace and just about flipped out when *nobody* else recognised him when he walked into the store - freakin' ingrates, don't know fame when they see it! I really wanted to talk to him but I didn't have the nerve to say anything. I was also amused by the fact he's so short - I'm 6'1 so I was towering over him, lol.

Oh, God, I am so jealous! I want to see him in real life too!!! I'll bet he was grateful that not too many people recognised him, though. I'm just going to assume you've seen Sherlock?

A friend of mine's down your way working for Weta, actually. He was head shader on Iron Man III and did the feathers on the eagles in The Hobbit. :)

Oh, God, I am so jealous! I want to see him in real life too!!! I'll bet he was grateful that not too many people recognised him, though. I'm just going to assume you've seen Sherlock?

A friend of mine's down your way working for Weta, actually. He was head shader on Iron Man III and did the feathers on the eagles in The Hobbit. :)

That's pretty cool, Weta is an industry unto itself in Wellington these days (it was dubbed Wellywood for a while by the media, as they took to the idea of our film industry doing so well in the wake of the LotR movies.)

I have seen Sherlock, and I was initially drawn to it by Benedict Cumberbatch as the title character, but after seeing the fantastic chemistry between him and Freeman, not to mention the general quality of the production, I became a fan very fast.

Edited by Stellar

That's pretty cool, Weta is an industry unto itself in Wellington these days (it was dubbed Wellywood for a while by the media, as they took to the idea of our film industry doing so well in the wake of the LotR movies.)

I have seen Sherlock, and I was initially drawn to it by Benedict Cumberbatch as the title character, but after seeing the fantastic chemistry between him and Freeman, not to mention the general quality of the production, I became a fan very fast.

I'd seen Freeman in a few things before (Hitchhiker's Guide, Love Actually, both fantastic parts), but I had no idea who Benedict Cumberbatch was when a friend of mine gave me the first series of Sherlock on dvd for my birthday a couple of years ago. Needless to say, I am completely obsessed with him as well. :P

What??

I can't wait to see this movie!!

Simon Pegg is a genius comedian and Nick Frost is wicked funny.

Martin Freeman has got to be one of the best actors around I reckon.

Love you both even more than i already did xxxxx

I just saw the trailer for this and immediately plastered it over every social media network available to me. I am so freakin excited. I was literally just thinking about Simon Pegg the other day when I went to see Star Trek and hoping he and Nick were doing something together again. And it looks like Nick is playing the straight man in the movie while Simon's the bad boy. And not only Martin Freeman (as has been mentioned) but Paddy Considine as well, who I find rather attractive, although definitely prefer him with his mustache from Hot Fuzz. And, I don't see Bill Nighy anywhere in the trailer...

And I'm done fangirling... for now...

Not that Bill Nighy not being in the trailer or the movie is a good thing. Quite the opposite, really; it's rather sad.

I just saw the trailer for this and immediately plastered it over every social media network available to me. I am so freakin excited.

I knew there was someone else out there like me!  :hug:

• Like 1

Just went to a pub with a bunch of friends last week and they were playing disco music. I was like, "Hang on, this isn't a pub. . . This is a frigging club!"

Mind you, every ornate object that resonates a typical british pub is visible in the ambience, except that we couldn't hear a word anyone was saying. And as we were sitting in the stool, miming our very thoughts, some blokes who couldn't be bothered, were watching footy like they were mind reading what the narrator was saying despite all anyone could hear was techno-music. There should be a new genre called techno-pub music.

We got out after 3 hours. And we were screaming our lungs trying to speak to each other because I think all of our earwax rushed out ours ear in desperation. Funniest pub ever!

As for this film. I can't wait!!! SOOORRR excited.

Just went to a pub with a bunch of friends last week and they were playing disco music. I was like, "Hang on, this isn't a pub. . . This is a frigging club!"

Mind you, every ornate object that resonates a typical british pub is visible in the ambience, except that we couldn't hear a word anyone was saying. And as we were sitting in the stool, miming our very thoughts, some blokes who couldn't be bothered, were watching footy like they were mind reading what the narrator was saying despite all anyone could hear was techno-music. There should be a new genre called techno-pub music.

We got out after 3 hours. And we were screaming our lungs trying to speak to each other because I think all of our earwax rushed out ours ear in desperation. Funniest pub ever!

As for this film. I can't wait!!! SOOORRR excited.

One of the last proper pubs where you can actually hear what people are saying in my town is closing in September, because they're turning the building they're in into all fancy restaurants. :(