sayings or quotes

Guest fayevalentine

Well, though this is not my favorite quote from Female Trouble, it is the only good one tame enough for the boards (we're talking early John Waters here, before the MPAA had a say).

Aunt Ida: "The world of the heterosexual is a sick and boring life."

Another very quotable loosely drag-based demographic; the club kids. Here's a gem from Party Monster.

James St. James: "Oh darling, half the fun of eating meat is hacking it up!"

Those of you familiar with me probably expected some more Last Words.

Well, enjoy!

"Show my head to the people, it is worth seeing."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol....Thats soooooo gay........

"f**k the frail shit, 'cause when my coke comes in they gotta use the scales that they wiegh the whales with"_Jadakiss

"First off f**k your bitch and the clique you claim....you claim to be a player but I f**ked your wife"_2pac, talking to Christopher Wallace

"It's time to exterminate my foes, I can't stand you hoes"_2pac, talking to the Fugees and Mobb Deep

"If I ever stuck it to any singer in show biz, it's Jenifer Lopez, and Puffy, you know this. Sorry Puff but I don't give a f**k. If this chick was my own mother I'd still f**k her with no rubber and cum inside her and have a son and a new brother at the same time and just say that it aint mine"_Marshall Mathers

It's no treat being in bed with me.

Howard Stern

Late night television is ready for someone like me... standards have gone to an all-time low.

Howard Stern

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Albert Einstein

"I really want to understand the mind so I can be more comfortable with the way people are. Being comfortable with people is incredibly important."

Drew Barrymore

The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.

Jean Paul

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.

Elbert Hubbard

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions."

Adolf Hitler

--Greg.

It may be gay, but it beat yours so...uh...yeah!

PS: Let me just throw out one more.

I'm so manly that I'm not only comfortable with my sexuality, I'm comfortable with other people's too.

--Greg.

Edited by tu-yo (Greg)

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.

Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.

Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind.

Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi (1893 - 1986)

can you say pwnd??????? lol

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.

Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.

Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind.

Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi (1893 - 1986)

can you say pwnd??????? lol

The breath on my glasses

As the moment passes

It's so wrong it's right.

I ain't gonna fight.

Your right to touch, f**k, and kiss me

Gives me the power to fight back and diss thee

Just 'cuz I fight fight don't mean I won't diss

Should've thought of that before you messed with this

When people look at me they see between my neck and knees

My bod, my a$$ and the thing that pees

You might be great and you might be sweet

You might just be thinking 'bout my meat

But I forgive you, you're just a boy

Just remember I'm not your toy

So before you ask me to play the game

Mother F**ker, you'd best know my name

The more I play with you and do you wrong

In your head be singin' my song

I'm not straight, yes I'm that gay

But I'm a virgin, I'm just that way

Give me time to spread my wings

And in time, I'll probably do things

I'm out of words, so I'll leave you and say

I'm just Greg, is that okay?

--Greg.

I think what a joy it is to be alive, and I wonder if I'll ever leap inward toward the root of his flesh and I know I myself as once I was. The root is there. Whether any act of mine can find it, that remains tangled in the future. But all things man can do are mine. Any act of mine may do it.

--Frank Herbert

If I could I'd undo the last few years of my life just so that I could do it all again. I don't make enough mistakes anymore and the cruel whispers of my past are almost gone. I miss the things I've said and done. This won't work I thrive and as long as I'm still alive, I'll never be comfortable in my own skin. Maybe akin, next to you, or even inside you, but alone, I am...alone. To afraid to pick up the phone. I'll admit it hell it was fun, being the boy I was. Growing is up is such a bitch and I'm doin' it just because...I can.

--Greg.

What can I say. I'm just that amazing and deep. And cheesy and if you press my Nick I swear I'll pull out some really good quotes of mine. You take off the leash, I'll take you out.

Waiting for that white flag of peace,

--Greg.

LOL you really shouldn't get me started on quotes. Here's a few that come to mind quickly:

"and I find it kinda funny,

I find it kinda sad,

that dreams in which I'm dying

are the best I've ever had"

~Mad world by Gary Jules (from the Donnie Darko soundtrack)

This is actually a remake of a Tears for Fears song, but not a bad remake. :D

Two sayings I use all the time are:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool.

:hug:

Aaron

If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Bill Lyon

It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.

Gore Vidal (1925 - )

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

Quentin Crisp

For you, Greg...read it and accept your fate

Especially if you use those lame quotes like the ones in you last post..lol

Said the Sphinx to the Angel:

For what will a man knowingly surrender his life?

And the Angel replied:

The selfish man will run when there is no gain to be had; the brutish man will turn when there is no favour to be won; the hungry man will flee if there is no possibility of food; but the man driven by love will not yield so long as there is hope.

---The Cruxshadows

"When [he] kisses you he isn't doing anything else. You're his whole universe..and the moment is eternal because he doesn't have any plans and isn't going anywhere. Just kissing you...it's overwhelming."

--Anonymous

I love this quote. It's one of my all time favorites.

*sigh* that's not anonymous. It's from Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land. It's referring to the protagonist Valentine Michael Smith. (That's a great book to have a discussion about Heinlein's attitudes towards homosexuality). Pretty much anyone from the 60s has grokked it, and it's well worth a read even for the non-scifi fans.

Here's another great kissing quote from the book. "Kiss girls all you want to - it beats the hell out of card games." ~ Jubal Harshaw

//shadows

well i was in a doctors office the other day nd i saw this picture talkin about a blind man nd it went something like this

a blind man has the best sight of all

he doesnt live to see color of skin or beauty

he sees beyond that nd can only hear what your inner beauty lets him

He judges people on how they react to him and how they treat him

not by color or beauty or sexual preference

beacuse to him everybody is the same

and your personality is what makes him see you

If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Bill Lyon

It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.

Gore Vidal (1925 - )

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

Quentin Crisp

For you, Greg...read it and accept your fate

Especially if you use those lame quotes like the ones in you last post..lol

Never make a defense or an apology until you are accused.

--King Charles I

An apology is the superglue of life. It can repair just about anything.

--Lynn Johnston

It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

--P.G. Wodehouse

True remorse is never just a regret over consequence; it is a regret over motive.

--Mignon McLaughlin

The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.

--Red Auerbach

The only good thing about punctuality is that it usually gets you an apology.

--Unknown

In some families, please is described as the magic word. In our house, however, it was sorry.

--Margaret Laurence

Apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.

--Margaret Lee Runbeck

An apology is a good way to have the last word.

--Unknown

A stiff apology is a second insult.... The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.

--G.K. Chesterton

*Nick you don't have to apologize when you admit defeat, all you have to do is admit I'm better than you, that's compensation enough.

Never ruin an apology with an excuse.

--Kimberly Johnson

It's easier to apologize than ask for permission.

--Unknown

Apologizing - a very desperate habit - one that is rarely cured. Apology is only egotism wrong side out.

--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Love,

--Greg.

We've had a lot of serious philosophical quotes so here's a couple of funny one's from Monty Python. There is a suprisingly large amount of wisdom in some of their songs. Monty Python were a British Comedy act that was big in the seventies and launched the careers of Eric Idle, Michael Palin and John Cleese. Lots of younger people have no idea who they are so if u dont look them up.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,

How amazingly unlikely is your birth;

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,

'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!

(Monty Python, 'The Galaxy Song from' The Meaning of Life)

Life's a piece of shit,

When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,

You'll see it's all a show,

Keep 'em laughing as you go.

Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

(Monty Python, 'Always look on the bright side of Life' from The Life of Brian)

This is my all time favourite from a fantasy novel.

Tremble and Depair. For I Am Power!

(From Magician by Raymond E. Feist)

I love Australia. It's just like America but another country.

- Serena Williams at the Australian Open two weeks ago

Bev

Sad but true.

Wynter

This is actually a remake of a Tears for Fears song, but not a bad remake. :D

Two sayings I use all the time are:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, I was unaware of that. I checked ou the Tears for Fears version, and honestly I didn't like it nearly as much. Probably because most people like the "original" better (first version they hear), and in my case the other is the "original" to me. I guess people just get used to something one way. Anyway not only that but while the Tears for Fears version is good, I find the other one to have a much sadder tone, which I think is appropriate for the song.

Also I quite like those two quotes. One of my little jokes is to say:

A fool and his money are soon par....Hey were's my wallet?

hehehe I tend to be cheesy like that.

Never ruin an apology with an excuse.

--Kimberly Johnson

It's easier to apologize than ask for permission.

--Unknown

--Greg.

I like those two. The first one is very true. Many people tend to say "well I'm sorry, but....." and then try to justify whatever they did. hehehe it's no more "right" but it actually works much better if you do the excuse/justification first, then move on to the contrite, sincere apology ;):P

LOL as for the 2nd one, I just love the cynicism

I just remembered one of my all time favorite quotes when I was reading about Dom trying to pick a title for his new story. Here it is (my quote that is, not Dom's title):

"A man who trusts can never be betrayed, only mistaken"

~it's from a british sci-fi series of the late 70's/early 80s, called Blake's 7. It was said by Cally in the episode "Mission to Destiny"

***takes off his geeky sci-fi aluminum hat***

Have an awesome day everyone and take care!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Two of my really truly favouritist sayings:-

Being deeply loved by someone give you strength; Loving someone deeply gives you courage.

- Lao Tzu

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather in

spite of ourselves.

- Victor Hugo

Bev

Thanks Aaron, I was unaware of that. I checked ou the Tears for Fears version, and honestly I didn't like it nearly as much. Probably because most people like the "original" better (first version they hear), and in my case the other is the "original" to me. I guess people just get used to something one way. Anyway not only that but while the Tears for Fears version is good, I find the other one to have a much sadder tone, which I think is appropriate for the song.

Kevin, you're right, because I like the first version better :) The same goes for No Doubt's version of "It's my life". Most people don't know Talk Talk was the original group that did the song, and I like that version better.

Aaron

"I am not a Marxist!"

~Karl Marx (it seems that by the end of his life, in his opinion, his original ideology had become perverted by his followers)

That always seems to happen, but his statement would still be true by definition even if it hadn't happened in his case.

The (name)-ist label does not apply to (name), by convention, and by the logic that one is not a follower of one's self.

Marx wasn't a Marxist; Luther was not a Lutheran (unless you can mean it in the sense that he was a member of that denomination, if that made any sense at the time). Similarly, Jesus was not a Christian.

ok.... i have some quotes!!!! lol.....

" My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything - even if you have no clue on what you're doing."

" Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure you have enough to spare."

" If at first you suceed try to hide your astonishment."

" If at first you dont suceed, redifine sucess."

" The shoe that fits one person, pinches another; there is no universal recipe in living, each of us carries his own lifeform within him - an irrational form that no one can outbid."

" Don't cry over someone who won't cry over you."

" Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too can become great."

" You don't become a better person because you're suffering but you become a better person because you have experienced suffering."

" The minute you settle for less that you deserve, you get even less than you settled for."

" A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon whithout springs, jolted by every pebble on the road."

" Life is to be fortified by many friendships. To love and be loved is the greatest happiness of existence."

" Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

IMMATURE LOVE:

" I love you because ........."

MATURE LOVE

" I love you inspite of ........."

Wisdom has to parts:

1. Having alot to say.

2. Not saying it.

" To err is human, to totally f**k things up requires me." Mists of Fate

" Experience is what everyone gives to their mistakes."

" Rare is a man with no hidden malice in his heart." from the story "The Eternal Dream"

" A flatterer is a friend who is your inferior or prtends to be so." Aristotle

" God save me from my friends, I can protect myself from my enemies."

" Don't ever forget where you came from. No matter what your life was like, no matter how bad you think it was or what struggles you had to face or how old you get in the many many years to come..... Always remember your experiences. Cherish them. Because good or bad they made you who you are. Its the foundation that supports your present and builds your future." Gyro's Heartfelt Speech from Gone from Daylight.

" Positive thinkers..... Sees the invicible.......Feels the intangible.........Achieves the Impossible."

Edited by albrich

I dont really know if this is a quote but a friend send it to me via text, and i think it's really really sweet.

" A boy asked his boyfriend if he thought he was hot, the boyfriend said....... no. He asked him if he would want to be with him forever ....... and he said no. He then asked him if he were to leave would he cry? and once again his boyfriend replied with a no. He had heard enough, as he walked away, tears streaming down his face his boyfriend grabbed his arm and said....... You're not hot, you're beautiful. I don't want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever, and I wouldn't cry if you walked away...... I'd die."

I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch. Gilda Radner (1946-1989)

I worked hard to find that one

"We must be the change we want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi

All of this research is hard

"Now, in keeping with channel 40's policy of bringing the latest in blood and guts, you're about to see a first, an attempted suicide"

Chris Hubbock, anchor, shot herself on air

It's amazing how Im able to find all of these quotes on my own without help from other people's signatures

I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch. Gilda Radner (1946-1989)

I worked hard to find that one

"We must be the change we want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi

All of this research is hard

"Now, in keeping with channel 40's policy of bringing the latest in blood and guts, you're about to see a first, an attempted suicide"

Chris Hubbock, anchor, shot herself on air

It's amazing how Im able to find all of these quotes on my own without help from other people's signatures

LOLOL Nick! :lol:

I dont really know if this is a quote but a friend send it to me via text, and i think it's really really sweet.

" A boy asked his boyfriend if he thought he was hot, the boyfriend said....... no. He asked him if he would want to be with him forever ....... and he said no. He then asked him if he were to leave would he cry? and once again his boyfriend replied with a no. He had heard enough, as he walked away, tears streaming down his face his boyfriend grabbed his arm and said....... You're not hot, you're beautiful. I don't want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever, and I wouldn't cry if you walked away...... I'd die."

That is awesome and really sweet!

I quite like these lyrics from "Good Morning Beautiful"

Good Morning Beautiful, How was your night?

Mine was wonderful with you by my side!"

**Sigh**

I think if someone ever says that to me it'll be one of those "you just made my life" kinda moments (depending on how they say it and the look in their eyes/face). LOL unlikely it'll happen though since I'm looking to say it myself, and once I do that'll make it less likely the same thing will be said on a different morning.....if that make sense?

Edited by AFriendlyFace
  • 2 weeks later...

A real man can't just handle his own sexuality, he can handle other people's sexualities too.

--Gregory Bell Jr. during a Socratic Seminar that his teacher recorded from last year.

The only thing fabulous about me, is how fabulously straight I am.

--Gregory Bell Jr. during his "denial phase"

I like girls

--Gregory Bell Jr. during his denial phase

I love boys

--Gregory Bell Jr. yesterday in a chatroom

In my defense I was on cough medicine (I was sick) and I didn't remember it until she replayed it today and told me never to do that again.

--Greg.

Mine is corny but I love it. I heard it on Wings that TV show about the two brothers who run an airline in Nantucket MA. I say it alot from end of November til christmas. soooo please try not to laugh at me but here goes......................

If it's and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a wonderful Christmas!