You forget the SLATEs who believe Rory will go back to Nevada and be entirely forgotten by all concerned, except Alice the Incomprehensible and her new trucker. Somewhere on the way back from the airport Luke and Seth look at each through their tears and realise...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how some of you can take what Dom writes and mold it into your own personal fantasy! Ha! I love it!

I'm not going to come right out and say that Rory and Luke will Not end up together, because if I'm wrong, I'll be castrated ... that's the way things work around here -- but I Really, Really, Really don't see Luke and Rory getting together.

I won't call it a prediction -- just a vague notion. I'm trying to cover all of my bases here, because there's some that are so set in their rainbow that nothing else is even tolerable.

I find myself in the Dave-is-the-only-person-unobtainable-for-Luke group, and the outcome of that storyline is really keeping me on the edge of my seat.

I'm not going to walk around on eggshells anymore -- I'm pretty sure that Rory and Seth will end up together. Period.

I think the quote you used shows exactly why Luke and Rory will never hook up....How many times has Rory already dissapointed Luke??

The answer is...more than I can't remember From seeing Aaron after he found out what happened to secretly inviting him to Ricks partyand then pretending he didn't know what he was doing there( ok, I made that part up, but my imagination was running wild :lol: ), Rory is always dissapointing Luke and Luke deserves someone better, someone with experience and aged like a fine wine...hmm, I wonder who that could be....

LGAITE's for LIFE!!!!!!!

I think the quote you used shows exactly why Luke and Rory will never hook up....How many times has Rory already dissapointed Luke??

The answer is...more than I can't remember From seeing Aaron after he found out what happened to secretly inviting him to Ricks partyand then pretending he didn't know what he was doing there( ok, I made that part up, but my imagination was running wild :lol: ), Rory is always dissapointing Luke and Luke deserves someone better, someone with experience and aged like a fine wine...hmm, I wonder who that could be....

LGAITE's for LIFE!!!!!!!

Hey Nicky, when ISN'T your imagination running wild :P

I'm too confused from Chapter 30 to even attempt to figure out where Dom is going with the story, but I don't want Luke and Rory to end up together.

Luke is my favorite character in the story so far, and I think that Luke deserves much better than Rory. I tend to agree with Nick about Rory disappointing Luke. Luke deserves someone totally committed. I mean, Rory's young and he's confused, but he jumped from Aaron to Seth rather quickly, and if something were to happen between him and Seth, jumping to Luke would seem like a last resort.

Luke's already been through Aaron cheating on him. Luke needs someone who loves him for who he is, someone who appreciates his kindness and someone who could reciprocate his feelings. I would be very angry at Rory for going out with Luke just because things with Aaron and Seth didn't work out.

I volunteer to go out with Luke. :wub:

I'm too confused from Chapter 30 to even attempt to figure out where Dom is going with the story, but I don't want Luke and Rory to end up together.

Luke is my favorite character in the story so far, and I think that Luke deserves much better than Rory. I tend to agree with Nick about Rory disappointing Luke. Luke deserves someone totally committed. I mean, Rory's young and he's confused, but he jumped from Aaron to Seth rather quickly, and if something were to happen between him and Seth, jumping to Luke would seem like a last resort.

Luke's already been through Aaron cheating on him. Luke needs someone who loves him for who he is, someone who appreciates his kindness and someone who could reciprocate his feelings. I would be very angry at Rory for going out with Luke just because things with Aaron and Seth didn't work out.

I volunteer to go out with Luke. :wub:

Yeah, I agree with you...Luke doesn't deserve to be Rory's consolation prize

I wonder what would happen if one night Luke just slipped into bed next to Rory, wrapped his arms around him, and told him that he was in love with him ... could Rory possibly resist that? I don't think many str8 boys could even resist that ... Luke just needs to do it and get it over with! :2thumbs:

I agree 100%, but I don't think it is going to happen. Maybe things will end with Seth and then Luke will make his move. 'With his looks no one is unattainable', right?

As much as we all want Rory and Luke to get together, I don't think it's gonna happen. I mean, think about it.... If Rory and Luke were to develop a relationship, it's pretty much inevitable that it wouldn't last. After all, they're kids and they don't really know what they're doing. If I were Dom, the friendship they've developed (which could potentially last a lifetime) would be far more important to me than a year long "boyfriend-boyfriend" thing that would probably end in a fight. But maybe anything's possible. Maybe they'd make it last. But I doubt Eddie and Jase would be thrilled about it either. But hey, maybe Dom has that in mind in order to create more drama :D

Besides, I've really taken to Seth anyway. He seems much more like a 'man' then Luke. And Rory needs that influence to provide some stability in his life. Luke still has a lot of growing up to do. I dunno... he seems like too much of a kid still. Even though he can be very emotionally mature with Rory at times, he just doesn't seem to have a lot of structure in his life. Maybe that's why Rory hasn't really developed any emotional feelings for him (that we know of :hug: ), other than a physical attraction. On some level, he needs someone with his feet on the ground, that's why he's falling for Seth.

As much as we all want Rory and Luke to get together, I don't think it's gonna happen. I mean, think about it.... If Rory and Luke were to develop a relationship, it's pretty much inevitable that it wouldn't last. After all, they're kids and they don't really know what they're doing. If I were Dom, the friendship they've developed (which could potentially last a lifetime) would be far more important to me than a year long "boyfriend-boyfriend" thing that would probably end in a fight. But maybe anything's possible. Maybe they'd make it last. But I doubt Eddie and Jase would be thrilled about it either. But hey, maybe Dom has that in mind in order to create more drama :D

Besides, I've really taken to Seth anyway. He seems much more like a 'man' then Luke. And Rory needs that influence to provide some stability in his life. Luke still has a lot of growing up to do. I dunno... he seems like too much of a kid still. Even though he can be very emotionally mature with Rory at times, he just doesn't seem to have a lot of structure in his life. Maybe that's why Rory hasn't really developed any emotional feelings for him (that we know of :hug: ), other than a physical attraction. On some level, he needs someone with his feet on the ground, that's why he's falling for Seth.

ok i am a seth supporter here, but i'm afraid that seth just committed relationship suicide where rory is concerned. when seth gave rory a ride home for the first time, when rory asked why seth wasnt giving tls a ride home, or staying with him, his answer was"why would i want to"(re-read chapter 18), yet when seth is in bed with rory, he will leave to go and give tls a ride. that is realtionship suicide, plain and simple. after this, i think seth and tls r perfect for each other!

Edited by Tim the Slut
ok i am a seth supporter here, but i'm afraid that seth just committed relationship suicide where rory is concerned. when seth gave rory a ride home for the first time, when rory asked why seth wasnt giving tls a ride home, or staying with him, his answer was"why would i want to"(re-read chapter 18), yet when seth is in bed with rory, he will leave to go and give tls a ride. that is realtionship suicide, plain and simple. after this, i think seth and tls r perfect for each other!

I completely agree, Seth screwed up. And, as bad as it is to admit it, as an LRITE, I couldn't be more delighted.

Am I the only one who thinks that we won't know if Seth really did make a huge mistake until 31? It seems to me that if he was going to get Aaron for less than admirable reasons, then he wouldn

Am I the only one who thinks that we won't know if Seth really did make a huge mistake until 31? It seems to me that if he was going to get Aaron for less than admirable reasons, then he wouldn't have let Rory go with him.

I like Seth and Rory together. I really do love Luke, and I want to see him happy, but not with Rory.

The mistake has already been made. People have destroyed relationships with very honorable intentions.

i like seth and rory too, i'm just afraid that it's about run it's course already.

as for luke being happy, i'm very afraid that the unobtainable person is still tls, and for many known reasons he would be qualified as "unobtainable". that would also be why he never really goes into detail about it.

I don't know, just the way he said it, makes me think it isn't Aaron

"...But after Aaron, I swore to myself that I wouldn
Am I the only one who thinks that we won't know if Seth really did make a huge mistake until 31? It seems to me that if he was going to get Aaron for less than admirable reasons, then he wouldn’t have let Rory go with him.

I like Seth and Rory together. I really do love Luke, and I want to see him happy, but not with Rory.

I totally agree Ann! On the other hand Seth's not likely to say "no no Rory, you can't come along, if you do that Aaron and I won't be able to make out!" :o But I do think you're right. Heck I'm so torn now between Seth and Luke that I think I'm going to have to just turn in my LRITE frisbee and membership card AND my monopoly game piece and just go sit on a fence somewhere for a few more chapters...... :boy:

The mistake has already been made. People have destroyed relationships with very honorable intentions.

Hey Matt! :D

I'd have to disagree, IF their relationship is "destroyed", based on the information we have thus far, I'd have to say it's Rory's fault for getting overly jealous and demanding, NOT Seth's for being a caring, responsible person.

Edited by AFriendlyFace

I think that Aaron is only a problem if Rory and Seth let him be one. As long as Rory and Seth know who feels what, they can handle Aaron.

There are two things though that I can see becoming a problem. One is that since we see things only in Rory's point of view, we have no idea what Seth is thinking about the whole thing. Another is that Rory's jealousy can cause problems. He knows how Aaron feels about Seth, but does Seth know?

So, it comes down to Rory keeping his head, and figuring out if Seth is just a really sweet guy helping a friend, or if there is any hidden agendas. After all we don't know the full extent of Seth's and Aaron's history. It's kind of like Rory was dropped in the middle of a story and he has to figure out what happened in the first half of the book.

If Seth doesn't get him, then the chances are good that Aaron could be seriously injured, or even killed. Granted, that is what many of us want *gives Vic a sideways glance*, but what would happen to Seth? He would be crushed. He would have to live with the knowledge that he could have rescued Aaron, and instead chose to let him die (or even kill an innocent person, such as a child in the backseat of the minivan he'll T-bone when he blows through a stop sign at sixty miles per hour). He is doing a very noble thing, and he isn't even going to leave a post-orgasmic, naked, and sweaty Rory behind, so Rory is just going to have to suck it up this time.

I still don't get this train of thought. Someone else has his keys. Why does he have to leave that night? He got drunk there, he can sleep it off there. I really don't understand why he HAS to leave.

*hugs Ann* Ann is 100% correct, none of us have any idea where this recent development is going, unless Dom found his way out here and made it 99% of us without that information. Think about it this way. Aaron is shitfaced right now. Kevin is shitfaced right now. Quite possibly, everyone else at that party at the moment is somehow incapable of properly operating a motor vehicle. If Seth doesn't get him, then the chances are good that Aaron could be seriously injured, or even killed. Granted, that is what many of us want *gives Vic a sideways glance*, but what would happen to Seth? He would be crushed. He would have to live with the knowledge that he could have rescued Aaron, and instead chose to let him die (or even kill an innocent person, such as a child in the backseat of the minivan he'll T-bone when he blows through a stop sign at sixty miles per hour). He is doing a very noble thing, and he isn't even going to leave a post-orgasmic, naked, and sweaty Rory behind, so Rory is just going to have to suck it up this time.

I agree :)

I still don't get this train of thought. Someone else has his keys. Why does he have to leave that night? He got drunk there, he can sleep it off there. I really don't understand why he HAS to leave.

But if everyone else there is drunk too, and we all know that Aaron is evil and maniplative and can probably find a way to get his keys back, the odds of him murdering someone premeditatively by driving drunk are very good. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Im proud of Seth for doing the right thing :ranger: :wub: :pickaxe: :music: :king:

Agreed! That's what sofas are for. :2thumbs:

Now some of you think that Seth is being all noble, being 'a good friend'. Well, Kevin is too drunk to drive Aaron, but why is Seth ONLY going to pick up Aaron and give him a ride? Why not give Kevin a ride too? Isn't Kevin one of his friends too? Or maybe Kevin isn't getting a ride because he doesn't have a magical spell over Seth. :2thumbs: I've included the related story section below. Notice, Seth talks about HIM(Aaron) not THEM(Aaron & Kevin).

Clearly Seth still has feelings for Aaron.

Vic

"f**king leave him," I muttered, and then more clearly, "What about your friend Kevin?"

"He

Edited by naper_vic
*hugs Ann* Ann is 100% correct, none of us have any idea where this recent development is going, unless Dom found his way out here and made it 99% of us without that information. Think about it this way. Aaron is shitfaced right now. Kevin is shitfaced right now. Quite possibly, everyone else at that party at the moment is somehow incapable of properly operating a motor vehicle. If Seth doesn't get him, then the chances are good that Aaron could be seriously injured, or even killed. Granted, that is what many of us want *gives Vic a sideways glance*, but what would happen to Seth? He would be crushed. He would have to live with the knowledge that he could have rescued Aaron, and instead chose to let him die (or even kill an innocent person, such as a child in the backseat of the minivan he'll T-bone when he blows through a stop sign at sixty miles per hour). He is doing a very noble thing, and he isn't even going to leave a post-orgasmic, naked, and sweaty Rory behind, so Rory is just going to have to suck it up this time.

Exactly! Remember that Seth has no idea what Aaron said to Rory and Seth and Rory have agreed to only see each other. Seth may see this as a trust issue. If I were Seth I would probably be more than a little pissed at both of them.