Agreed! That's what sofas are for. :2thumbs:

Vic

ty vic--i remeber being that age, and if tls's home life is as bad as we are being led to believe, if i were tls, being shit-faced and all, home is NOT the place i would be going to---i would pass out in the shrubs before going home in that condition. if seth really wanted to help tls, he would call tls's parents to go get his mumbly *ss.

it appears that this is a deeply divided issue here. just so every1 knows, i just speak from personal experience. if i think im not in a spot to drink till im out, why even start??? also i never had a someone that would come rescue me from anywhere, including parental figures. iwas told more than once "u made your bed now sleep in it".

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ty vic--i remeber being that age, and if tls's home life is as bad as we are being led to believe, if i were tls, being shit-faced and all, home is NOT the place i would be going to---i would pass out in the shrubs before going home in that condition. if seth really wanted to help tls, he would call tls's parents to go get his mumbly *ss.

it appears that this is a deeply divided issue here. just so every1 knows, i just speak from personal experience. if i think im not in a spot to drink till im out, why even start??? also i never had a someone that would come rescue me from anywhere, including parental figures. iwas told more than once "u made your bed now sleep in it".

I'd have to agree with Tim on this one. WAY back when I was the age of the characters (ok, maybe a bit younger than Aaron... ) ok,when I was 16 my parents found out I had been heading into Quebec (where the drinking age is 18 but I could get served at 16) to hit the bars. My parents weren't impressed but they told me that if I got busted don't bother calling them until after 8am the next day to drive the hour to the nearest Surite du Quebec station (cop shop)... in other words if I drove and was stupid enough to drink (or got busted for underage), I had to face the consequences... needless to say I never drank when I was the driver and always made sure I had a way home (or at least to a friends house).

Steve

I still don't get this train of thought. Someone else has his keys. Why does he have to leave that night? He got drunk there, he can sleep it off there. I really don't understand why he HAS to leave.

Who's to say Aaron is thinking clearly? Alcohol is a depressent, as is marijuana, and both of those drugs disable a persons ability to think rationally. Remember the party that ruined Rory's and Aaron's relationship? Aaron said some very nasty things while trying to get into Rory's pants that he probably wouldn't have said to him were he not three sheets to the wind.

Agreed! That's what sofas are for. :2thumbs:

Now some of you think that Seth is being all noble, being 'a good friend'. Well, Kevin is too drunk to drive Aaron, but why is Seth ONLY going to pick up Aaron and give him a ride? Why not give Kevin a ride too? Isn't Kevin one of his friends too? Or maybe Kevin isn't getting a ride because he doesn't have a magical spell over Seth. :2thumbs: I've included the related story section below. Notice, Seth talks about HIM(Aaron) not THEM(Aaron & Kevin).

Clearly Seth still has feelings for Aaron.

Vic

We haven't even got to the party yet to execute the rescue, so as of this moment we don't know whether or not Seth will throw Kevin into the bed of the truck as well. Seth's and Rory's conversation here is centered on Aaron, so of course the natural adjective that will come to Seths mind while he is trying to reason with his boyfriend and think of the best viable option will be "him", instead of "them." I am sure that if the two were talking about Aaron AND Kevin, then possibly he would use "them." Seth isn't the one to blame here, Rory is. Rory is the one who is obsessing over the Aaron factor, and rightly so, as he has had the most recent love (if you could call it that) experience with the boy.

I remember that age as well. In fact, it was a little more than two years ago. Also, if I remember correctly, parents were the enemy. The sensible thing to do would be to contact his parents to pick him up, and then straighten him out. You seem to forget that teenagers do not think in this fashion. Teenagers want to have fun and not get caught, so when they dig themselves into a hole like Aaron has, the first thing they'll do is ask their trusted friends for aid. Parents are the last resort, even after school guidance counselors. Also, you say you would be inclined to crash on a couch instead of into a tree, but when you're wasted, what are you really thinking? You're feeling horribly sick, and want to get to a comfortable location. Generally, that location is home, so you'll want to leave before you get any worse, or even get caught by your parents or someone who they're friends or colleagues with.

Thus far, Aaron has been very responsible (at least AFTER he got wasted). He is calling a sober trusted friend to get him instead of trying to swindle someone out of his car keys. By the same token he is doing it the teenager way, so that he doesn't get into serious trouble with his parents. I admire that in him... but only that.

*hugs Ann* Ann is 100% correct, none of us have any idea where this recent development is going, unless Dom found his way out here and made it 99% of us without that information. Think about it this way. Aaron is shitfaced right now. Kevin is shitfaced right now. Quite possibly, everyone else at that party at the moment is somehow incapable of properly operating a motor vehicle. If Seth doesn't get him, then the chances are good that Aaron could be seriously injured, or even killed. Granted, that is what many of us want *gives Vic a sideways glance*, but what would happen to Seth? He would be crushed. He would have to live with the knowledge that he could have rescued Aaron, and instead chose to let him die (or even kill an innocent person, such as a child in the backseat of the minivan he'll T-bone when he blows through a stop sign at sixty miles per hour). He is doing a very noble thing, and he isn't even going to leave a post-orgasmic, naked, and sweaty Rory behind, so Rory is just going to have to suck it up this time.

I totally agree RK!

But if everyone else there is drunk too, and we all know that Aaron is evil and maniplative and can probably find a way to get his keys back, the odds of him murdering someone premeditatively by driving drunk are very good. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Im proud of Seth for doing the right thing :ranger: :wub: :pickaxe: :music: :king:

Yep yep! I totally agree with Nick too.

Who's to say Aaron is thinking clearly? Alcohol is a depressent, as is marijuana, and both of those drugs disable a persons ability to think rationally. Remember the party that ruined Rory's and Aaron's relationship? Aaron said some very nasty things while trying to get into Rory's pants that he probably wouldn't have said to him were he not three sheets to the wind.

We haven't even got to the party yet to execute the rescue, so as of this moment we don't know whether or not Seth will throw Kevin into the bed of the truck as well. Seth's and Rory's conversation here is centered on Aaron, so of course the natural adjective that will come to Seths mind while he is trying to reason with his boyfriend and think of the best viable option will be "him", instead of "them." I am sure that if the two were talking about Aaron AND Kevin, then possibly he would use "them."

crash on a couch instead of into a tree

Exactly what I was going to say in response to Vic's point. Also for all we know Kevin already has his own arrangements made, that for whatever reason don't/can't include Aaron. And here's a question: Does anyone really think Seth would refuse to give Kevin a ride if he asked?

I mean remember Rory's comment? "Seth Saturn's taxie service". The nice kid is giving someone a ride everytime he turns around!

Sound logic, but not everyone thinks that clearly. I mean if people always thought about the consequences of their actions the world would be a much better place. But some, if not most, don't.

And I too remember that age. Most of the time we'd make some sort or arrangement or plan ahead of time, but honestly I usually just found out if driving was going to be my responsibility (it seldom was, limited seating in my truck, poor sense of direction, general dislike of driving), and then just left the rest up to my friends. Of course we had quite a few completely non-drinking friends we could call, as well as several "cool" parents, so we had alot of options and places to go.

And I'm pretty much incapable of letting someone "lie in the bed they made". I tend to "find them a comfier one and tuck them in".

Anyway take care and have an awesome day everyone,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

We haven't even got to the party yet to execute the rescue, so as of this moment we don't know whether or not Seth will throw Kevin into the bed of the truck as well. Seth's and Rory's conversation here is centered on Aaron, so of course the natural adjective that will come to Seths mind while he is trying to reason with his boyfriend and think of the best viable option will be "him", instead of "them." I am sure that if the two were talking about Aaron AND Kevin, then possibly he would use "them." Seth isn't the one to blame here, Rory is. Rory is the one who is obsessing over the Aaron factor, and rightly so, as he has had the most recent love (if you could call it that) experience with the boy.

I remember that age as well. In fact, it was a little more than two years ago. Also, if I remember correctly, parents were the enemy. The sensible thing to do would be to contact his parents to pick him up, and then straighten him out. You seem to forget that teenagers do not think in this fashion. Teenagers want to have fun and not get caught, so when they dig themselves into a hole like Aaron has, the first thing they'll do is ask their trusted friends for aid. Parents are the last resort, even after school guidance counselors. Also, you say you would be inclined to crash on a couch instead of into a tree, but when you're wasted, what are you really thinking? You're feeling horribly sick, and want to get to a comfortable location. Generally, that location is home, so you'll want to leave before you get any worse, or even get caught by your parents or someone who they're friends or colleagues with.

Thus far, Aaron has been very responsible (at least AFTER he got wasted). He is calling a sober trusted friend to get him instead of trying to swindle someone out of his car keys. By the same token he is doing it the teenager way, so that he doesn't get into serious trouble with his parents. I admire that in him... but only that.

who gives a holy flying flip if tls is thinking clearly or not? obviously tls isn't, and continuing to "help" tls is not solving anything except possibly making tls dependent on someone who is "supposedly" over him. tls is a manipulative little prick and is exploiting the situation--tls probably got wasted on purpose just so he could get seth alone at least for a ride, because tls knows that seth is one of "the good guys" when it comes to dealing with manipulative little pricks like himself, and falls perfecly into his plan to get seth back. i say as long as his keys are not in his hands, theres no justifiable reason to run and rescue him.

as for the part of tls you admire, how twisted is that? he can think clearly enough to not get in trouble with the rents, but not clearly enough to find his own way home? if he isnt that wasted, let him walk--thats a good buzz-kill right there, and then he'd be sober by the time he got home. if seth really cares about tls, he would make an effort to stop enabling tls. after the drunkeness and the felony perjury, this kid is on a bad road that hasn't been plowed all winter.

obviously theres no agreeing on the issue, so i'll end with this:

there are 2 types of people in the world.

1. people who have the desire to help others without regard to their own well-being(not me)

2. people who have been burned doing #1 so many times that you finally start to think of yourself first and others only after yourself is taken care of.(thats me!)

i wasnt always this way, but life has a strange way of letting the strong survive and sometimes that includes a major attitude adjustment.

DOM--we need 31!!! and quick--look at the war i started just by re-reading chapter 18 0:)

wow...so much speculation going on. but you're all forgetting one thing: luke and rory will end up together, regardless how it comes about. (at least in my twisted little fantasy world they will! er...um..well...maybe not. in my twisted little fantasy world, i would be in the middle of a luke/me/rory sandwich, but that's another story all together... :wub: )

and thank you, hi_college_guy, for giving me credit on ur signature (the avatar). i really appreciate it. :D

chris

p.s. in chapter 30, didn't rory say he was gonna go with seth to pick up aaron?? i just realized....with aaron being as drunk as he is, rory being as mad as he is, and seth being as frustrated/annoyed as he is....this is going to be one hell of an interesting ride!! i can't wait to see who pisses off who first. :2thumbs:

who gives a holy flying flip if tls is thinking clearly or not? obviously tls isn't, and continuing to "help" tls is not solving anything except possibly making tls dependent on someone who is "supposedly" over him. tls is a manipulative little prick and is exploiting the situation--tls probably got wasted on purpose just so he could get seth alone at least for a ride, because tls knows that seth is one of "the good guys" when it comes to dealing with manipulative little pricks like himself, and falls perfecly into his plan to get seth back. i say as long as his keys are not in his hands, theres no justifiable reason to run and rescue him.

as for the part of tls you admire, how twisted is that? he can think clearly enough to not get in trouble with the rents, but not clearly enough to find his own way home? if he isnt that wasted, let him walk--thats a good buzz-kill right there, and then he'd be sober by the time he got home. if seth really cares about tls, he would make an effort to stop enabling tls. after the drunkeness and the felony perjury, this kid is on a bad road that hasn't been plowed all winter.

obviously theres no agreeing on the issue, so i'll end with this:

there are 2 types of people in the world.

1. people who have the desire to help others without regard to their own well-being(not me)

2. people who have been burned doing #1 so many times that you finally start to think of yourself first and others only after yourself is taken care of.(thats me!)

i wasnt always this way, but life has a strange way of letting the strong survive and sometimes that includes a major attitude adjustment.

DOM--we need 31!!! and quick--look at the war i started just by re-reading chapter 18 0:)

Then you obviously neglected to read my post at all. We ALL need to give a flying flip why Aaron isn't thinking clearly. In his drunken haze he could be thinking that he is well enough to drive himself home, which he clearly is not. Just because someone took his keys does not for one second mean that he can't somehow get them back and take off. Remember when he almost raped Rory? If half his brain wasn't lying on the floor, and soaked in alcohol, he would not have done that. The alcohol is doing a lot of his thinking for him, and alcohol has had a bad track record with making the right decisions. We're lucky that he relented at all and called Seth in the first place, as indicated by the person switching on the phone, from Aaron to Kevin and back to Aaron. Aaron has a dependency problem, no doubt about it, but Seth is in no position to give him the cold shoulder. He knows Aaron too well. He knows that leaving Aaron to his own devices in a drunken haze is a recipe for disaster.

As for Aaron purposely calling Seth for some alone time, I don't doubt that at all. It's just that he isn't banking on Rory tagging along as well. he probably doesn't even know that Rory is there, so I'm agreeing with feralCherry on interesting this ride is going to be.

• Site Moderator

Drugs and alcohol can affect people differently. A normally shy, quiet person can become just the opposite. Most of the time that we saw Aaron, he wasn't that aggressive with Rory. But once he got drunk at the party, he became aggressive and obnoxious, and tried to rape Rory.

• 2 weeks later...

It's always best waiting to condemn desperation in others until you are no longer skipping around gayly, giving an irritating laugh, getting on your bike and riding through the LRITE neighbourhood, knocking over trash cans.

Edited by Alan
Er, no. Isn't that last line Luke's? (Change of paragraph with change of speaker)

Oh crap you right :*)

But hey that's EVEN better!

HAHA lets watch Nick and co. fall off their bikes since I just chuked the stinger spikes across the street! :P

It's always best waiting to condemn desperation in others until you are no longer skipping around gayly, giving an irritating laugh, getting on your bike and riding through the LRITE neighbourhood, knocking over trash cans.

Now how would that be fun???

Oh crap you right :*)

But hey that's EVEN better!

HAHA lets watch Nick and co. fall off their bikes since I just chuked the stinger spikes across the street! :P

(Jumps the spikes with his amazing bike riding skills, then knocks a few more cans down as he starts laughing again) :devil:

(skips around gayly, gives an irritating laugh, then gets on his bike and rides through the LR**E nieghborhood, knocking over trash cans) :lol:

*Follows Nick in his car, smashing LRITE mailboxes one-handedly with a baseball bat, his shiny new subwoofers blasting something obnoxious*

:o:o

Why am I not surprised?? Sigh...always the gay/gentrified neighborhoods being vandalized by young punks.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were some of the kids responsible for the problems in Stratford too.

How very disappointing. Very Disappointing. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

*Vic refers these two to the Domaholics membership committee*

P.S. - Quote from Luke, DD Ch 32 -

Jase also thinks that
Edited by naper_vic
:o:o

Why am I not surprised?? Sigh...always the gay/gentrified neighborhoods being vandalized by young punks.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were some of the kids responsible for the problems in Stratford too.

How very disappointing. Very Disappointing. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

*Vic refers these two to the Domaholics membership committee*

P.S. - Quote from Luke, DD Ch 32 -

Please note that Luke is attracted to GUYS

Meaning more than just Dave. One of the plurals could be Rory!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!! The LRITE cause is still alive!!!!

Guys as in Dave and Aaron

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but the LR**E cause is a thing of the past, like Mike Tysons carreer

(Attaches an SRITE 4 LIFE sign on Vics back as he get's ready to meet with the Domoholics membership[ committee)

Guys as in Dave and Aaron

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but the LR**E cause is a thing of the past, like Mike Tysons carreer

(Attaches an SRITE 4 LIFE sign on Vics back as he get's ready to meet with the Domoholics membership[ committee)

Guys as in Dave, Aaron and RORY!

They are gone and are becoming SRITEs. :nuke: And for the few of you that are LGAITEs, just because Grandma Alice reared her ugly head doesn't mean that Luke is runnign away with her.

later ~ nick :read:

Nah, we're jusy busy stringing piano wire across the streets frequented by SRITE bicycle vandals. Around throat level.