you might find this interesting...

Celethiel

not so awesome...

I remember getting a cut on my leg when we were on holiday in florida (i was 11) and my dad told me that fles would try and lay eggs in the open wound. we then spent the day at Bok Tower gardens where i freaked out every time a fly landed on me or i felt anything on my leg. i think i've forgiven him...

that ended well. 

Anyway, my personal anecdote, from the boarding school in the boonies of Cameroon.  See me some silly twelve-year-old who thinks there's an innocuous boil on my shoulder.  I think I've got boils before, they mature, bust and go away.  But not this one.  It was itching.  A classmate tells me, it's no boil, and  we did the natural thing as twelve years olds and popped the boil, and lo and behold a fat maggot was inside it. Probably a botfly or a mango worm, who knows, I don't remember.

Edited by crazyfish

that ended well. 

Anyway, my personal anecdote, from the boarding school in the boonies of Cameroon.  See me some silly twelve-year-old who thinks there's an innocuous boil on my shoulder.  I think I've got boils before, they mature, bust and go away.  But not this one.  It was itching.  A classmate tells me, it's no boil, and  we did the natural thing as twelve years olds and popped the boil, and lo and behold a fat maggot was inside it. Probably a botfly or a mango worm, who knows, I don't remember.

Ew!! Crazy Fish is crazy! :P (that is kinda disturbing though)

not so awesome...

I remember getting a cut on my leg when we were on holiday in florida (i was 11) and my dad told me that fles would try and lay eggs in the open wound. we then spent the day at Bok Tower gardens where i freaked out every time a fly landed on me or i felt anything on my leg. i think i've forgiven him...

Your dad's a right twat, isn't he? :P

that ended well. 

Oh, ew, ew, ew!!!! :(