Christmas Tree

mickey1952

I put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving and take it down the day after the Epiphany.   I do the outside lights and decorations Thanksgiving weekend as well and take them down on the first decent weather day around January 6th.   Advent is the beginning of the anticipation of Christmas, which is what we are all looking forward to so I am comfortable decorating when we do.    The holidays from Thanksgiving through Christmas eve, Christmas day, New Years eve, New Years day, and the Epiphany are my favorite times of the year because they all are opportunities to see my family. 

Ours went up last night. The house (and my car) now smell of sweet Balsam.  Had to hoist the kid in the air to top off the tree with the Angel. Next week we will bake extra cookie ornaments for the tree. I love our saccharine traditions !!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...