Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Valiant

It's not that I'm sitting here, churning out tons of chapters of Streak and ignoring Valiant.   It really has more to do with what I'd already gotten done. 

Valiant is worth the wait...I will savor the anticipation and appreciate it when it gets here....cheers....G

• Like 1

It's not that I'm sitting here, churning out tons of chapters of Streak and ignoring Valiant.   It really has more to do with what I'd already gotten done. 

I know. I'm sorry. I've been dining on fastfood for so long and I'm starving for a juicy steak, that's all. And heaven forbid you ever retire from writing or finish the last chapter. I'll starve to death.

Valiant is worth the wait...I will savor the anticipation and appreciate it when it gets here....cheers....G

And this is usually MY quote.

• Like 1

We are all experiencing withdrawal.  If we could help you in any way we would be happy to do so.  At least the worst of the shakes and jitters are gone.   whoa,  I don't want to lose my addiction completely. :2thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

We are all experiencing withdrawal.  If we could help you in any way we would be happy to do so.  At least the worst of the shakes and jitters are gone.   whoa,  I don't want to lose my addiction completely. :2thumbs:

If there's a cure I don't want it.

Since the monkey bailed on me, I have been reduced to trying to find videos to distract you. It would seem we have need of some (distraction) at this point in time.

The first,is to give you a happy face ( :) )

The second, I have never been to the Islands and I like rainbows (R.I.P. Israel)

The last one, well, it is a ' Finale '

You'll hopefully be relieved to know that Chapter 24 is in final edit.  It should be posted by the end of the week.

Sweet.

See guys? Like I said, you have to be patient! I never doubted you for a minute. Just call me Mr Patience.

• Like 2

An excellent chapter Mark and well worth the wait. Now we'll have to scour wiki to try and discern what adventures he'll be sailing her into. Lady Elgin will spend no time delaying the vexing of Mr Clifton I am sure. I wonder how he'll deal with her. Comstock was a welcome diversion. Nice to see a merchant put in his place. It might have been more pleasurable to have him placed in irons for the trip, after all, a new captain will have to be found upon completion of their trip. But in the end Lady Elgin will bear the brunt of the actions as Captain Comstock will not be pleased that she lead him to that position and men like him seldom take responsibility for their bad choices. So he's likely to lay it on her head as much as is possible to make a woman responsible for his misguided judgement. Perhaps on the voyage ahead her husband will show the set he's grown and kept hidden.

So ye history buffs, where are we headed? What battles lay ahead?

• Like 1

I just wanted to step in here to mention the unfortunate death today of The 18th Duchess of Alba, Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart. I mention this becuase, this charismatic and fascinating figure should be quite familiar to us.

She is related to many of the major characters (real and fictional) within the Bridgemont series. She is a descendant of James I, Charles I and James II through the male line. She is related to Don Jacobo Stuart. Through a bastard line, she would be related to the Earls Bridgemont (now Duke's Suffolk). She is related to the Dukes of Lennox, the Spencers, the Cavendish family and has patrilineal lines of decent from EVERY royal house in Europe.

A woman with more recognised titles than any other (over 40), what is to me much more interesting is that she had more DISCLAIMED titles (German titles fallen from use, Austrian Titles, British titles that she was entitled to but never took up etc).

So, not really too relevant to our story, except that if you beleive in any kind of afterlife, you will know that the real life version of almost all the aristocrats in this book will be welcoming back one of their own today. And that, my friends, is one of the reasons I am so fascinated by history - it's almost constant link to our present day.

• Like 1

Mark Arbour:

I've been feeling guilty, because I don't think I've ever left a story hanging as long as this one, but I am doing my best, so it will have to be good enough.

You have nothing to feel guilty for. Hopefully we're all adult enough to realize how much time and effort go into producing work as well researched and polished as your two series, and that competing priorities sometimes get in the way. I am constantly astonished that you manage to do it at all. I can barely keep my home functioning when work gets especially demanding (as it has been lately, although this year is a bit of an aberration).

• Like 1

I LOVE the smell of xebec's in the morning!

What a great chapter Mark. And as usual, totally unique tactics. Well done. I think I would have kept a small group of them alive and force them to take Lady Elgin with them. I think they would have jumped off the ship and faced the sharks after only a few hours with her.

A great Chapter Mark and a great surprise. Thank you so very much!

r

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..