Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Valiant

I dare to say that no virgin has read all of Mark Arbor's stories............. :read:

Mark is carefully taking his time with this chapter because of this challenge.  Since the brave Granger saved Mrs. Elgin in her distress, she must now offer him some sense of thanks. It will take a while before she can figure out how to be humble and perhaps actually be nice.  It will be a true test of the author to change the shrew to a lady.

Is it just me or does time move a lot slower in the 17th and early 18th centuries than it does in the 21st century of the CAP world?   

I too have been checking for my Granger updates.  

Actually, we're at the close of the 18th, but still just as slow.

I expect it's being delivered by ship.  :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does time move a lot slower in the 17th and early 18th centuries than it does in the 21st century of the CAP world?   

I too have been checking for my Granger updates.  

I've read on the Internet the Earth is slowing down at a rate of 17 milliseconds a century so we are about 68 milliseconds slower then we are since 1701. 

• Like 1

In a world with instant communications and numerous devices to take advantage of that, our time is subjectively moving much faster than when correspondence could take not just days, but months for delivery.  Therefore, our patience is measured in nanoseconds rather than days or weeks....

We seem to have lost any sort of schedule for our beloved Granger. Anyone have any information to leak?

I was at a concert the other night and 4 seats away, sat my George Granger...long blond hair, straight nose, gorgeous. As soon as I saw him, I knew. I could even see him in a Regency naval uniform. I watched him as much as the band.

Jinty

• Like 1

We seem to have lost any sort of schedule for our beloved Granger. Anyone have any information to leak?

well, Mark seems to be absent from GA at the moment, since he hasn't replied to Streak reviews or reacted to posts, which he otherwise does without fail. So if we're lucky, he's gone on writing retreat with Granger, or else real life is too busy right now.

But despair not, there are plenty of other good stories on GA, just go out there and find them while you wait !

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing the next installment of HMS Valiant. This is such a great story that I get quite impatient waiting. Many thanks for your hard work. It is much appreciated. Ged.

Looking forward to seeing the next installment of HMS Valiant. This is such a great story that I get quite impatient waiting. Many thanks for your hard work. It is much appreciated. Ged.

It is isn't it? Welcome to the site and the forums. A lot of great people here. Mark is a professor so sometimes he gets bogged down with life. He knows we can't live without some of George Granger flowing through our veins. But he doesn't sacrifice time with knowledge as he carefully weaves this horny bastard into history for us. There is a chapter in edit right now and hopefully in the final stages of becoming the next perfect installment of this fantastic story. Glad to have you with us ged. Know you are far from alone in the wait.

Be Welcome!

He's busy doing 9-11 interviews when he should be slaving at his computer. :rofl:

In his defense though, it WAS a good interview. Besides, he said about a week ago the next chapter was with his editors. So we should see it soon.

Mark is a professor so sometimes he gets bogged down with life. He knows we can't live without some of George Granger flowing through our veins. But he doesn't sacrifice time with knowledge as he carefully weaves this horny bastard into history for us. There is a chapter in edit right now and hopefully in the final stages of becoming the next perfect installment of this fantastic story. Glad to have you with us ged. Know you are far from alone in the wait.

Be Welcome!

A new semester started, and this one is busting my balls big time.  I'm going to post the latest chapter shortly, but you'll have to be patient with me over the next month or so.  Chapters will probably be slow in coming. 

A new semester started, and this one is busting my balls big time.  I'm going to post the latest chapter shortly, but you'll have to be patient with me over the next month or so.  Chapters will probably be slow in coming. 

Thanks Mark. Glad to hear your puppies are seeing a little action. :gikkle:

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..