High school students pay up to turn off Justin Bieber's music

hh5

Students at a high school in Washington were willing to fork up their money to not have to listen to Justin Bieber’s music any more.

As part of a fundraiser, Tenino High School broadcast Bieber’s hit “Baby” constantly between classes and during lunch, according to Q13Fox.com. Student government president Connor Stakelin explained that the song was set to be played on repeat until the school met a $500 fundraising goal.

Students quickly chipped in cash to turn off the Bieber tune, and the school raised $1,200 by the end of the day Tuesday, turning off the music.

The money raised went to help send food to Africa.  

LOL :lol: that was fun..  My niece loves him - I don't know why, maybe because she is 15  :unsure2: I liked George Michael when I was here age, he was every teenage Girls dream   :gikkle: 

If the kids turn off to Justin, no longer buy his music or go to his concerts, maybe it will have an impact.  If he no longer is raking in the big bucks, then maybe he'll get the message to clean up his act.  We can only hope.  

• Like 1

My brother had this happen at his school as well. They raised over $1600 for charity. He said that hot here was only so many times you can listen to the word Baby. 

I thought it it was a great way to raise some money!

If the kids turn off to Justin, no longer buy his music or go to his concerts, maybe it will have an impact.  If he no longer is raking in the big bucks, then maybe he'll get the message to clean up his act.  We can only hope.  

... or he'll end up on one of those "celebrities behaving badly" reality TV shows   :/

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

LOL :lol: that was fun..  My niece loves him - I don't know why, maybe because she is 15  :unsure2: I liked George Michael when I was here age, he was every teenage Girls dream   :gikkle: 

I liked George Michael too at that age 0:) . Just don't tell my little sister who was in love with him and Andrew Richrly and I teased her day in and day out :P

I liked George Michael too at that age 0:) . Just don't tell my little sister who was in love with him and Andrew Richrly and I teased her day in and day out :P

:lol: I promise :funny:

<smiles at the irony of girls falling for George Michael>

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a really quick way to fundraise. Here we just throw pies at the principal and stuff like that.  My cousin who is in her 30s is madly in love with beiber and so is her daughter whose like 7. I got yelled at soooo bad the one day when they were talking to me about beiber and im like "That's ok he's going to jail soon enough". The mom "What a terrible thing to say to my daughter!". Sorry lady i just want your kid having better role models. 

Highschool... wasn't into any guy singers then i was too busy shaking my ass like Shakira and dancing away to Cher & Madonna lol. Oh the signs were so clearly written on the wall.

Steve you prolly sang "Wake me up before you go go" in the shower lmao. :)

As for 1D i always end up singing Story Of My Life it's catchy :)