Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

What band do you think of when reading LTMP and CL?

I'm not sure if this was a topic at one point so if it's a duplicate I'm sorry...

I was wondering what band comes to mind when reading Let the Music Play and Changing Lanes? The question came to mind when I was rereading LTMP and Panic! At The Disco came on and it seemed to fit Instinct. I'm not saying the band members are exactly alike but the sound and style I think fits pretty well. Honestly I can see Brandon Urie being Brandon Wolfe... course that might be wishful thinking :)

• Site Administrator

I'm not a great music band person (in terms of I like music and rarely know the name of the song or who plays it), but I can see Instinct as being similar to Bon Jovi -- solid rock, but with some variations in their music, and with solid roles in the band that don't shift much (eg. one lead singer, with it being rare for anyone else to take the lead in a song).

Of course, I'm probably heavily influenced by attending Bon Jovi's recent Melbourne concert....

Their Lump-era sound makes me think of heavier bands that were popular around that time that straddled the line between Alternative and Active Rock - Three Days Grace, Seether, Linkin Park to an extent. Post-Lump, though, it gets much more vague and harder to come up with "soundalike" bands in the rock spectrum.

:puke: @ the Panic! comparison though. Sorry - never been a fan of them.

:puke: @ the Panic! comparison though. Sorry - never been a fan of them.

Its all good haha... music is a lot like politics in a way... no one agrees lol...

I do like the thought of Linkin Park... how it went from Hybrid Theroy to Meteora... hard rock to a more mellow rock...

I do like the thought of Linkin Park... how it went from Hybrid Theroy to Meteora... hard rock to a more mellow rock...

And back again, if their latest song is any indication.  :music:

• Like 1

One Direction of course, LOL JK JK!

Maybe a band where the bandmates were actually lovers at one time like Fleetwood Mac.

For an all guy band i wanna say "The Killers" . And damn you i now have Panics "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" song in my head as it's the only 1 i know lol and was in like Grade 11 then maybe 12? 

B) ..............I don't know, was Clump a cheap imitation of Meatloaf? Or a bad wanna be of Axel Rose? I think the new band was more like Van Halen with their singer being David Lee Roth. My thoughts!

Maybe a band where the bandmates were actually lovers at one time like Fleetwood Mac.

The band I'm about to name would never ever be close to Instinct's sound, but for a band with the lead singer and drummer as lovers, one need only look to - Culture Club. :gikkle:

• Site Administrator

The band I'm about to name would never ever be close to Instinct's sound, but for a band with the lead singer and drummer as lovers, one need only look to - Culture Club. :gikkle:

Um, what about Queen? More the hard rock kind of band, and mostly gay :)

When they mentioned Lump just stood there and sort of sang in monotone, then when Brandon let loose, I just pictured Freddy Mercury all over the stage :P

Edited by wildone

lol and the only neon trees song i know is "Everybody Talks" though it's not surprising that he's gay since i remember him on one of my radio stations going on and on how when he's not singing and recording and touring all he does is watch Sex & The City reruns and went on and on about Carrie & Mr Big. If that didn't set the Alarms off nothing will. 

And now i'm singing my version of Everybody talks instead of "it started with a whisper" i sing it "it started with the whiskey"

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..