"GFD" Goes German This Week!

Super thanks to Sanderix for the idea! "Gone From Daylight" has now been translated into yet another language for fans around the globe to enjoy! :)

Now, I don't speak German, myself...but if you guys do, you'll have to let me know how it is! And if you don't speak German...this is certainly a fun and sexy way for you to learn! :)

Things are just starting right now, but will continue to grow from here. You can find the translated chapters at http://www.fanfiktion.de/s/532e39150003b8d037ebc46e/1/Gone-From-Daylight ! So be sure to leave comments and stuff if you can!

And if you guys overseas know any English, I'd love to hear from you as well!

There are times when the Shack stories suddenly pop up in a brand new area, and it creates a surge of interest from that part of the world. Which still baffles me to this day, but it's awesome! The last few mini Shacker interest explosions came from Viet Nam, India, Russia, France, South Africa, and Israel! And those emails still touch my heart to this very day! It never ceases to amaze me. NEVER! So a big welcome to all of our German Shackers in the making! And feel free to party with the rest of us whenever you like! K? I'll try to keep up!

I wish I could speak more languages, but whatever English you know, write me a note and say hello! I'm sure we'll be able to communicate just fine! (Your guys' English is usually better than ours is most of the time in the states anyway!)

Love you all! And I hope to hear from ya soon! ::Nods::

Guten Tag!

That's German, right? No? Um...well, teach me stuff. Dammit! :P

Laters!

• Like 1

I don't speak a lick of German, nor can I read and understand much of it. However, I do read English pretty well and look forward to seeing more of GFD in English.  :P

Congrats on the story going global, in another language!

Am I the only one who speaks German here?

I have been learning German since June 2013 and I pretty much understand the translation. I am really happy that it happened because I was out of things to read to practice my German. Big congratulations and thanks!

I have been learning few languages recently and I know 5 fluently so, if there'll pop up some other translations I'll deifinitely read them. I can't translate though...I am quite bad at these things :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank a TON of all of you guys! And I hope it does well for all those who read it! As long as it touchest he hearts of others, I'm happy! :)

Also, LT13...if you're interested in languages...

Someone very dear to me created a vampire language JUST for "GFD"! You might like it! I loved it, personally! So much so that I wrote it into the story, and then made a separate story called, "GFD: Dead Language", just to show it off! Hehehe! It's really cool, and I've studied it myself. (Yes, it really is a working language) The inventor has abandoned it, unfortunately. :( But if you love linguistics, maybe you can fill in the missing pieces. Teach me! Because I still wanna learn!

You can find the basics here at the "GFD" Wiki

http://gfd.wikidot.com/

Let me know what ya think!

I know about the language and I know partly a history behind it...read some interviews...I am such a stalker :)

I read the whole "GFD" but I have never read "Dead Language" so I have some homework to do. Actually I have a week off school so, no problem!

Verzpertillio is a nice looking language. I heard that this language was based on Romance languages and of course similarities are visible. Maybe I will learn it some day, just to prove to myself how nerdy I am :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..