[Sasha Distan] Redemption's A Bitch

How lovely for your rich people then.  :rolleyes: Grmph. 

not being one of my countries rich people, i feel the same as you. Landed gentry (an actual Lord), recently had a wind turbine built as part of the power for the glyndebourne opera house. of course, he had it built, not in the best wind-spot, but in a place where it couldn't be seen from his land and thus lowered the value of about 1/4 of the houses in another local village. the fact that he paid off the wind-survey people is well known.

• Like 1

A billionaire just bought a local chunk of coastline, including a very popular beach, and closed it off to the public without going through any of the normal legal proceedings. I'm just never going to get along with Kieran, ever.

Irri, he paid for the privilege to allow Robin the freedom of open planning provided the house is not more than three stories. Their home can be what they want as long as it doesn't impinge on other's view of the sea. You need to cut Kier some slack on this, he wants a home with the person he loves ... nothing more, nothing less ... isn't that what we all want?

• Like 3

Irri, he paid for the privilege to allow Robin the freedom of open planning provided the house is not more than three stories. Their home can be what they want as long as it doesn't impinge on other's view of the sea. You need to cut Kier some slack on this, he wants a home with the person he loves ... nothing more, nothing less ... isn't that what we all want?

Thppppt :P  Next time I pay a policeman for the privilege of not getting a ticket I'll come by and ask for snuggles. And I won't get them from you most likely, because you know one doesn't act that way. 

Edit: but I will take Sasha's word for it that rich British people pay for their building pleasure and it's just a part of life. Fortunately it's not an ethical problem I need to worry about.

Edited by Irritable1

Hon, Rebecca isn't merely abrasive. She's psycho.

I somewhat agree...she certainly is not rational...it is one thing to alienate Kier...it is quite another to alienate you newlywed husband and your brother as well...and I really don't see what she gains for her actions...psycho just might fit...otherwise she really is a full blown bitch and Shaston is facing the abyss to hell...

• Like 2

Quoted from a review:

villain seemed too strong as all she does is yell

Sometimes yelling is all it takes to really upset the people you are supposed to love.

Hon, Rebecca isn't merely abrasive. She's psycho.

I would have to agree. That woman needs serious mental help!

• Like 2

I recall there was an intermittently awful sister in Don't Shout, but she had an excuse and reformed quite swiftly. Rebecca is so so far beyond that point...

Yeah...her problem was that she was extremely overprotective of her brother....but wanted him to be happy. Becca hated Kier long before Robin came into it and seems to care nothing for his (Robin's)  happiness...or at least it doesn't change her attitude that Robin is happy....She seems more concerned about Kier being in "her" house and no concern about the love Shas has for his cousin and how this must be tearing him apart. The difference is that Kier tried, for Robin and Shaston's sake to placate her...because HE gets it....Cheers...G

• Like 4

I'm sitting here all smug because my initial opinion and rants about BtB have been fully validated. At least so far, but for Shastan's sake I hope she comes to her senses. If she can let go of her irrational hate of Kier and start behaving properly, we should forgive her. Eventually ^_^

I have to admit Shastan surprised me sending Becca away like that, but it was very clever, since he was so calm. She cannot yell and fight him, and imagine the embarrassment of having to tell your parents that your husband sent you home to grow up. I guess it's also a great way of telling your in-laws that they haven't done a good job on teaching their daughter manners. :lol: 

• Like 4

I recall there was an intermittently awful sister in Don't Shout, but she had an excuse and reformed quite swiftly. Rebecca is so so far beyond that point...

to be fair, there was also an intermittently awful brother in Don't Shout as well.

I'm sitting here all smug because my initial opinion and rants about BtB have been fully validated. At least so far, but for Shastan's sake I hope she comes to her senses. If she can let go of her irrational hate of Kier and start behaving properly, we should forgive her. Eventually ^_^

I have to admit Shastan surprised me sending Becca away like that, but it was very clever, since he was so calm. She cannot yell and fight him, and imagine the embarrassment of having to tell your parents that your husband sent you home to grow up. I guess it's also a great way of telling your in-laws that they haven't done a good job on teaching their daughter manners. :lol:

No one can be quite so calm and disappointed as that man can. it's scary.

• Like 1

The term is "gentled".   When training any animal you want to convince them to do things your way because they WANT to - not break their spirit. The party animal may have been gentled, but the spirit is still there ready to attach to Robin instead!

• Like 5

I truly hope Rebecca has at least one endearing or redeeming quality. Her attitude was somewhat understandable and justified, when Keiran was a selfish narcissistic asshole with a God complex

Edited by Charmed88
  • Like 3

I truly hope Rebecca has at least one endearing or redeeming quality. Her attitude was somewhat understandable and justified, when Keiran was a selfish narcissistic asshole with a God complex. Now however, he is showing a better side of himself and is in love with her brother. Robin's love saved Kieran from himself, it redeemed him. Robin is extremely happy and can take care of himself, so she should just trust that.

So with all that said I'm not entirely ready to give up on Rebecca yet. I didn't with Keiran, so I'll give her another chance as well. Just hope I'm right in my feelings towards her and she can stop being so petty and bitter.

Now don't bite my head off ladies & gentlemen

. Just my opinion and feelings .

You make a couple of very good points, Charmed....and thanks for calling us " ladies and gentlemen" :huh:

... thanks for calling us " ladies and gentlemen"

Gary, I'm fairly certain he meant it rhetorically ... the members of this herd are prone to kicking and biting, a young tiger has to beware ... though it was nice of him to say.

• Like 3