Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

2 hours ago, glennish said:

Oh my friend, Its just getting started......

I've already spent 4 hours in the cold in a broken down vehicle heading home from work this winter.....

I like to blame the cold weather on all the people that bitch during the summer time about how hot it is,  If no one complained about it being hot, it would never get cold.....That's my theory and I'm Sticking to it!!

Hey, that's pretty good--I think I'll use that as my rationale from now on!  :P  This is our first snow this year, and so far only half an inch, but I'm not happy even so--we got lucky last year, so I doubt it'll happen twice in a row.  Ah, the Blizzard of '77--feet of snow all at once, interstates down to one lane and snowed in for three days in the country.  That storm was the reason my district began doing a Spring Break in the 77-78 year so days could be made up...never had it until I was in college.

I loved sledding, snowball fights, forts and snowmen as a kid, but now it's just work and cold to aggravate my knees.  :o

• Like 5
6 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Jay and Miles Chapter 54 isn't done yet...but it's moving along now, and I hope it'll be done in the coming week. 

At least you're actually getting something written. I'm envious - and also looking forward to the chapter. :yes: 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Envious?  I'm undisciplined and lazy--I read more than I write, and that makes me feel guilty for not doing enough for my readers...I'm hoping this chapter will be worth the wait--it's given me pains to get the mood right because of the importance of the events covered.  Is that a spoiler?  I don't think so, maybe a salve for my guilt complex...  :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Okay, I was hoping to get this to G-Man by today, but I got stuck for days trying to get the 'feel' right.  Yesterday something clicked, and the insurmountable block yielded to a few extra sentences and shifting a couple words around.

There will be two points of view in this one, and I'm into the second half already with things seeming to be flowing nicely.  This gets me antsy because it's a week until Christmas, and I don't want it to wind up on Gary's desk too close to then!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

This gets me antsy because it's a week until Christmas, and I don't want it to wind up on Gary's desk too close to then!

I'm sure he'll enjoy a little private time during Christmas cuddled under a blanket with a hot cup of chocolate and your story to edit. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I really have to grovel here, because I've been slacking.  Been reading off-site and would work a little on 54, but it was slow.  Last night I had some scenes pop into my head, so I'll start putting them in tonight!

Had a follow-up eye exam this morning, and it went well.  She detected a very slight cloudiness in a spot which doesn't seem to affect anything, and offered to laser it while I was there, but we'd already been there for two hours and I hadn't done my pills or insulin yet, so we agreed to do it later.  Next visit is May.

Some sniffles due to the freezer we were in--thanks G-Man--but my balls are still intact and working.  :):hug: 

Dental visit this coming Monday because I lost a couple crowns last year, and lost another because of the stress the missing ones caused, so I need to have those roots pulled, and will be getting a partial in February.  I may opt to be knocked out for this rather than a local...

I'm still alive, and hope to have something to Gary very soon with the inspiration last night!

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ColumbusGuy said:

I really have to grovel here, because I've been slacking.  Been reading off-site and would work a little on 54, but it was slow.  Last night I had some scenes pop into my head, so I'll start putting them in tonight!

Had a follow-up eye exam this morning, and it went well.  She detected a very slight cloudiness in a spot which doesn't seem to affect anything, and offered to laser it while I was there, but we'd already been there for two hours and I hadn't done my pills or insulin yet, so we agreed to do it later.  Next visit is May.

Some sniffles due to the freezer we were in--thanks G-Man--but my balls are still intact and working.  :):hug: 

Dental visit this coming Monday because I lost a couple crowns last year, and lost another because of the stress the missing ones caused, so I need to have those roots pulled, and will be getting a partial in February.  I may opt to be knocked out for this rather than a local...

I'm still alive, and hope to have something to Gary very soon with the inspiration last night!

It's a good time to slack, buddy, because this cold keeps hanging on. Mine are still intact and working too. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Glad to hear that, my dear!  I was afraid a brass monkey or witches' tit got 'em.  Mind you, mine have always been a tad delicate, so no real rough handling allowed; being born two months early way back when, I spent two months in an incubator before going home, and was back in hospital a month later for a hernia operation!!  At least I beat the 50-5o odds to reach my first birthday.  :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • I am just glad that you survived winter storm "Hunter". I had a three hour drive home and went through all phases from rain to sleet/freezing rain then to snow.  Have I ever mentioned I hate winter.  

Hope you heal up well CG.  Looking forward to 54

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Good news everyone!  I'm alive, and just sent Chapter 54 to Gary for his expert pruning.  :)

Maybe he'll come up with a good title while he's at it?

Hey, buddy. I'm waiting on my furnace guys who are coming sometime today. :rolleyes:  I try to get to the new chapter today or tomorrow. :) 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I guess it's time to go read the previous chapter (again) to be ready for more. ;) 

By the time you've read all those Timothy, he'll have written another new chapter :lol:

Sorry I read you as saying 'chapters' rather than 'chapter':lol::lol:

Edited by Ivor Slipper
  • Haha 3

Looks like a teeny extra bit of wait since we don't want G-Man's fingers to freeze!  I'm all for reading earlier chapters--done it a few times myself to remind me of what's going on.

This way, I'll get good news from Gary on the same day as my dentist appointment!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

hej min ven :hug:  good to see you, CG.

Hej min kaere ven!  Gotta eat lunch and do some phone calls, so I have to run!  Sorry, no new Danish droll or otherwise in this latest chapter--I'll do better next time!  ;)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Looks like a teeny extra bit of wait since we don't want G-Man's fingers to freeze!  I'm all for reading earlier chapters--done it a few times myself to remind me of what's going on.

This way, I'll get good news from Gary on the same day as my dentist appointment!  :)

I've been working on it for an hour already, buddy... I'll try to get it finished for you today. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

I've been working on it for an hour already, buddy... I'll try to get it finished for you today. :) 

So the furnace guys showed up?  I'd hate to picture you huddled on a stool wrapped up in woollen robes scribbling by the light of a single candle like some medieval monk!  :)   Worse still, like poor Bob Cratchit....

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1