Or what if there is no baby, just Vlad making her think there is? That would be the ultimate mind fuck (quite literally...)! Or if the bump is like one of those spider bites that swell and then burst and out crawl thousands of tiny spiders? But instead of spiders, there're tiny evil beings... Hmm, I think I crossed the line from gothic to gore... I'm sorry. My mind works in mysterious, weird and sometimes disturbing ways.

Okay... you are freaking(creeping) me out,LOL I HATE spiders!!

• Like 2

Are you all ready for the final part of B&B ? I promise you it will be spectacular !!!

And the first chapter (37) is so full of love and devotion it makes my romantic :heart: melt.

(special warning for CG and dugh)

The very last part is NOT nice, so watch out when Em falls asleep. :o  :pinch:

• Like 1

I'm sticking to my spider theory (see review!).

Tim, does bangebuks mean the same as scaredy pants? That would be so funny. I don't think we have that expression in Swedish.

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1

Tim, does bangebuks mean the same as scaredy pants? That would be so funny. I don't think we have that expression in Swedish.

Yep, bangebuks is the old Danish word for chicken in the sense of being a coward. Due to the influence of the internet and UK/US culture everyone below the age of 50 says kylling instead of bangebuks.

• Like 1

Yep, bangebuks is the old Danish word for chicken in the sense of being a coward. Due to the influence of the internet and UK/US culture everyone below the age of 50 says kylling instead of bangebuks.

Who are you calling bangebucks! I just hate those gross things!!

• Like 1

Yuck! Beautifully written as always, but yuck! A fitting end to a horrible person, but I still would've felt better if she could just have been left to rot somewhere. But then her influence over Laszlo would not have been broken.

• Like 1

LOL! There is another purely physical way of looking at what happened, a way in which Vlad's power simply 'adjusted' something to allow Gretza to conceive, but tease that I am, I will not say it now. After the next few chapters I will mention what I think it could be. It still involves some spiritual/psychic powers to make it happen though.    

Ok, my thoughts are along these lines: Let's say (and I don't know any of this for sure...) Lady Gretza has some infertility issue simply relating to fertilized eggs being rejected by her uterine lining. She has her regular periods and never knows her system was pregnant. Now, the night Vlad conjured the incubus specter was also the night she made love to her husband. What if the prince's magic was simply in making her system 'flip the switch' and accept the pregnancy? That would mean the child is Laszlo's, but also that Vlad is the stepfather in the sense that he's still the one whose power made it all possible. Intriguing, right? But is Vlad's hand in the matter strong enough to make Laszlo feel 'repulsed' by the fetus in Gretza's belly..?

To be truthful, I'd still like to think with a medieval brain and imagine that by whatever means it happens, Vlad's incubus impregnated Gretza with his own offspring. That makes Laszlo's reaction more integral to the storyline, imo.

I don't know. Any thoughts?  

Since she ended up where she did, I'm kind of hoping there was no baby at all. Just a hoax, planted in their minds by Vlad.

If she did become pregnant, it would make more sense to me if the baby was Laszlo's with a bit of Vlad magic thrown in. If Vald could impregnate from a distance, i e create life, he would have no problem getting out of the oubliette on his own. Maybe, I can accept mind control more than Vlad being almost godlike.

• Like 1

Since she ended up where she did, I'm kind of hoping there was no baby at all. Just a hoax, planted in their minds by Vlad.

If she did become pregnant, it would make more sense to me if the baby was Laszlo's with a bit of Vlad magic thrown in. If Vald could impregnate from a distance, i e create life, he would have no problem getting out of the oubliette on his own. Maybe, I can accept mind control more than Vlad being almost godlike.

Good comments.

• Like 1

My thought is Vlad conjured the incubus in Gretza's room and the creature took the image of Ahmed from her mind or perhaps prompted by Vlad if he was connected. At some point Vlad was able to take over the projected image, but it was still the incubus seeding itself in her womb. Since no woman would willingly carry such a creature to term, the fetus somehow projects the image of whomever the female wants it to be a son of. If Lady G had considered Lazlo the father the incubus would have sensed this and not rejected his touch.

• Like 1

As usual I wrote my review too soon! Why, oh why isn't there an edit function for reviews?

What I wanted to say was this. It was a beautiful connection to Plato once more. Vision is love. When Em could really see his father, he could understand his motives and feel his love. So my theory on forgiveness being key wasn't that far off. I just didn't get who were going to do the forgiving...

Nice for Plato to get another line. And that raven scene was just amazing.

• Like 1

The last chapter is just wonderful, AC. Every single moment was so clearly etched in my head that it was like watching a movie...and my face hurt from all the smiling I did throughout. Oh my god, the kids all running through in a single line 'like a train' was just so apt--I remember that from holidays with my relatives as a kid!

And now, looking back on this chapter, I am saddened, because with the vividness of your telling, and my recollections, I realize that most of those relatives from those days are gone, and they had only a few children, so there won't be crowded houses anymore at holidays.  Partly due to smaller families, but also to changing times: people are too wrapped up in themselves to gather as a clan anymore.

Like everything I've read by you so far, the impact doesn't hit you until the end...parts of it are expected, but there are always nuances we had no warning of consciously. Fantastic!

• Like 2