• Site Administrator

That's the song I remembered.  I can't remember the exact sequence of hand claps/slaps/etc.  I wasn't that good at it when I was a kid, let alone now that I'm old.  LOL 

• Like 1

This post will contain spoilers...

I'm almost over the shock of yesterday. Almost. It's a good thing you had that dream in the first chapter. Otherwise, us readers could have been all "Oh, fuck this!" if you pardon my language. I got sad and mad, but I wasn't really surprised. It was the only logical outcome.

As usual, my brain started to work its weird magic and this morning I suddenly thought "Who are the decendents Gretza's and Ahmed's baby? What would become of a combination of supreme evil and devoted love? Which side would win?"

Could Sil be that person? It seems strange to think anything good could ever come from Gretza, but Ahmed's influence must count for something. If would be kind of poetic if the blood of the curser and the cursee could overcome the curse by love.

• Like 3

I'm almost over the shock of yesterday. Almost. It's a good thing you had that dream in the first chapter. Otherwise, us readers could have been all "Oh, fuck this!" if you pardon my language. I got sad and mad, but I wasn't really surprised. It was the only logical outcome.

It's a good thing we have the forum to let us come back with more thoughts, since most of us are unable to write reviews of ch 35 what with eyes overflowing with tears and profound sadness in our hearts. We wanted Ahmed and Junyad to survive, and even though we know their love is eternal and divine, it still hurts. :,(

But it is a tribute to you as a writer, AC, that we engage ourselves in your characters in spite of the foretold fate. Even as we rant at you for twisting our guts and piercing our hearts with (s)words of sorrow, we acknowledge your mastery. :worship:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4

This post will contain spoilers...

As usual, my brain started to work its weird magic and this morning I suddenly thought "Who are the decendents Gretza's and Ahmed's baby? What would become of a combination of supreme evil and devoted love? Which side would win?"

Could Sil be that person? It seems strange to think anything good could ever come from Gretza, but Ahmed's influence must count for something. If would be kind of poetic if the blood of the curser and the cursee could overcome the curse by love.

Ok, I'm going to propose something, and I hope I won't sound too pretentious. But, based on my own emotions, and seeing them reflected now in readers, I believe we are all going through the classic stages of grief and mourning. The loss of Ahmed and Junayd takes time to deal with, and includes thoughts of bargaining, denial, and anger – but must ultimately end with acceptance. 

That's not meant to be 'tough love,' but just a reflection on the time it takes each of as individuals to process the loss of these men we have come to love.

I can still see Junayd pressing Ahmed against the wall and covering his mouth to keep him from 'singing' and from laughing too loudly....the moment he first fell for the wonderful lug. ...ok, now I've made myself cry... 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 4

It's a good thing we have the forum to let us come back with more thoughts, since most of us are unable to write reviews of ch 35 what with eyes overflowing with tears and profound sadness in our hearts. We wanted Ahmed and Junyad to survive, and even though we know their loveis eternal and divine, it still hurts. :,(

But it is a tribute to you as a writer, AC, that we engage ourselves in your characters in spite of the foretold fate. Even as we rant at you for twisting our guts and piercing our hearts with (s)words of sorrow, we acknowledge your mastery. :worship:

There is something deeply troubling, humbling and complimentary knowing these fictional characters can (and obviously do) touch others so deeply. I know that I have to feel for them as 'my babies,' which they are, but that readers are so moved by their loss makes me feel odd. I know it should make me feel like I must be doing it right, but still, causing pain for others must have a purpose. I just hope the readers of Bound & Bound keep both faith and love in their heart that there is one. 

A few chapters to go until the end. As I first said about 30 chapters ago, all will be revealed, and now I can guarantee that it will be soon. 

• Like 3

Running a Survivor race tomorrow. That's bound to break through the depression. Then the only real option is to accept this and see which way the axe falls for Lady G, and look ahead to Em & Sil. Also, I can't believe there's only 5 chapters to go... 

• Like 1

Oh, there was an OCR here in Stockholm today. It would have been so much fun, if I wasn't hung over. So today's down was brought on by myself.

Obstacle Course Racing..? Google gave me a hundred other meanings, none of which seemed to suit you :) 

• Like 1

Bingo! That kind of googling can lead to unexpected results NSFW. Good thing it's Saturday! I'm curious about your other findings.

Interesting ones include: "Optical Character Recognition," and the "Office for Civil Rights"!!! So it's very PC :boy:

Edited by AC Benus

Ok, now I'm sort of bordering on obsessed. I was in church today (daughter sings in the choir). It's Rogation Sunday, so the sermon focused on the power of prayer. We sang a psalm called "You are a prayer" which is about finding the calming presence within, the trust and faith of something more powerful. To be still and leave all worries, let them sink to the bottom like rocks ( water again...). God lives in your heart.

The words "You are a prayer. God is your prayer" struck me as something Junayd could say.

Later, I totally unexpectedly came across a children's book in the form of an illustrated version of Psalm 23. So it's not just me. The universe is equally obsessed!

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 2

Ok, now I'm sort of bordering on obsessed. I was in church today (daughter sings in the choir). It's Rogation Sunday, so the sermon focused on the power of prayer. We sang a psalm called "You are a prayer" which is about finding the calming presence within, the trust and faith of something more powerful. To be still and leave all worries, let them sink to the bottom like rocks ( water again...). God lives in your heart.

The words "You are a prayer. God is your prayer" struck me as something Junayd could say.

Later, I totally unexpectedly came across a children's book in the form of an illustrated version of Psalm 23. So it's not just me. The universe is equally obsessed!

I think there is just one word to use (an overused word to be sure...but), AWESOME. In reality, Junayd's message is a very simple one, and I suppose those are the types that need the most work for human brains to come to grips with.

You do the soul of my writing good to show me (and not 'tell' me, hehe) that my book has sunk into your heart.

Thank you for posting this!  

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

In my review I called Lazslo a 'good man'. I suppose what I should have said was that he was a weak man with a good heart.  Was he innately weak, which allowed Gretza to control him with ease or was it Gretza's influence that made him weak?  Or a combination of both, perhaps?  I did get the feeling that Lazslo wasn't sure if he would get out of that oubliette alive.  I have to say that I'm glad that you spared us 'seeing' Junayd's execution.  Ahmed was a professional soldier, so a death like this is not necessarily unforeseen for him and is actually probably a lot less cruel than a death he might experience in battle.  Junayd was a spiritual man... a dervish who was a peaceful man who did not deserve his fate.  Not that Ahmed did either... I hope I'm making sense, but I feel a sharper pang when I think about Junayd's death.  I'm sad that there are only a few chapters left, but am also looking forward to seeing how you conclude the story. 

• Like 2

I couldn't help but feel that Laszlo was more upset over realising Gretza's power over him than the actual execution of Ahmed and Junayd. I mean, they were turks, representatives of a truly great threat to Laszlo's world, the Ottoman empire. In that day and age, people seemed to get beheaded for much smaller offences.

I've been thinking about the baby. With Laszlo in that frame of mind as he was at the end of the last chapter, that baby may very well never see the light of day. If however the baby is born, I can't like the idea that it's inherently evil. Sure, it's parentage isn't promising, but wouldn't Ahmed have at least some influence? Even if he doesn't, I don't believe any child can be born evil. The reason it turned from Laszlo could be because it "felt" he wasn't the father.

• Like 2

I couldn't help but feel that Laszlo was more upset over realising Gretza's power over him than the actual execution of Ahmed and Junayd. I mean, they were turks, representatives of a truly great threat to Laszlo's world, the Ottoman empire. In that day and age, people seemed to get beheaded for much smaller offences.

I've been thinking about the baby. With Laszlo in that frame of mind as he was at the end of the last chapter, that baby may very well never see the light of day. If however the baby is born, I can't like the idea that it's inherently evil. Sure, it's parentage isn't promising, but wouldn't Ahmed have at least some influence? Even if he doesn't, I don't believe any child can be born evil. The reason it turned from Laszlo could be because it "felt" he wasn't the father.

Well. I have to say, perhaps the text needs some work if you think Ahmed has anything to do with that fetus. I believe it was Gary, and maybe others in the reviews, who posited that Gretza must be barren. The evidence for that is shown here: she's had months of attempts with Ahmed, and years of them with Laszlo, and no pregnancies of any kind. And then, she has one incubus encounter, and bam, preggers! It must be 'magic,' lol.

We also know that Laszlo is not sterile through the family resemblance of him with Emeric. 

We should re-connect on this issue after a couple more chapters, because the question still remains, who does Gretza think is the father of her baby? 

• Like 2

I don't think any baby inside Lady G has anything to do with Ahmed. If Vlad used an incubus, the off-spring would be one too. But didn't Lady G prevent him from impregnating her in the scene we saw ?

• Like 2

I do believe as you say, that Laszlo would be capable of anything given his state of mind. I keep thinking though that the baby may not be Ahmed's, although I don't know how the incubus would impregnate Lady G, making the child Vlad's? It's all so puzzling. I mean that would explain why the child turned away from Laszlo. Also was the baby even born? And if it was did it survive? The portraits showed Gretza with a swollen belly and Laszlo and Maria and Louis with their child. So was Laszlo somehow responsible for the death of that baby, bringing about the curse on his descendants. And where does Vlad fit into all this.. So. Many. Questions. 

I agree that babies aren't born evil, this would be born of evil. Yikes! 

• Like 1

Gretza used Ahmed and it seemed to me that Vlad did the same. It would be some black magic to conjure up a creature like that. If Vlad is that powerful, why doesn't he leave that hole? That would to me be a smaller feat than to create life (or whatever is in there).

To me, Gretza seems convinced the baby is Ahmed's. That's why he had to die.

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1

Well, as I understand the medieval mindset of how incubi functioned, they were the convenient explanation for how a woman became pregnant when she should not have, say a nun in the nunnery, for example. In their world, Vlad could impregnate her by this means; how it is supposed to work, well that remains 'magic' to both them and us.

This is the same physical mechanism by which Mary was supposed to have conceived Jesus, and by extension of Hellenistic culture to the Levant, just a continuation of the Greek myths that whenever a god makes love to a human female, she becomes pregnant. Zeus was legendary for all his demi-god offspring walking the earth.         

• Like 1

I don't think any baby inside Lady G has anything to do with Ahmed. If Vlad used an incubus, the off-spring would be one too. But didn't Lady G prevent him from impregnating her in the scene we saw ?

In the scene, he climaxes while still inside of her. She tries to roll on her side, but it is too late. What is interesting is that the vision Vlad shows Laszlo is slightly different - that she embraces the incubus at the moment of seeding...

So, which version is the one that actually happened..?  Maybe our 'lady' will hint at it in an upcoming chapter...

Well, as I understand the medieval mindset of how incubi functioned, they were the convenient explanation for how a woman became pregnant when she should not have, say a nun in the nunnery, for example. In their world, Vlad could impregnate her by this means; how it is supposed to work, well that remains 'magic' to both them and us.

This is the same physical mechanism by which Mary was supposed to have conceived Jesus, and by extension of Hellenistic culture to the Levant, just a continuation of the Greek myths that whenever a god makes love to a human female, she becomes pregnant. Zeus was legendary for all his demi-god offspring walking the earth.

I think I need to brush up on my Incubus-101...

• Like 1

I think I need to brush up on my Incubus-101...

LOL! There is another purely physical way of looking at what happened, a way in which Vlad's power simply 'adjusted' something to allow Gretza to conceive, but tease that I am, I will not say it now. After the next few chapters I will mention what I think it could be. It still involves some spiritual/psychic powers to make it happen though.    

LOL! There is another purely physical way of looking at what happened, a way in which Vlad's power simply 'adjusted' something to allow Gretza to conceive, but tease that I am, I will not say it now. After the next few chapters mention what I think it could be. It still involves some spiritual/psychic powers to make it happen though.

Or what if there is no baby, just Vlad making her think there is? That would be the ultimate mind fuck (quite literally...)! Or if the bump is like one of those spider bites that swell and then burst and out crawl thousands of tiny spiders? But instead of spiders, there're tiny evil beings... Hmm, I think I crossed the line from gothic to gore... I'm sorry. My mind works in mysterious, weird and sometimes disturbing ways.

• Like 3